The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Aliens

What are peoples ideas and thoughts on the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Personally I'm a firm believer in other life forms on other planets....just seems logical to me that beings would exist elsewhere, and just as we are fascinated with them...they could also be interested in us.

Aurthur C Clarke once said.."either we are alone in the universe or we are not....either scenario is equally frightening".

The vast distances between each star forbids us from exploring other even close stars...I think that for that simple reason..people can feel safe in their cynicism of it being a load of crap.

I bet my balls their is other "intelligent life on other planets..possibly so far from here the mind boggles...I feel safe saying that... as no one can disprove me.

discussion begin....nanoo nanoo

H.

post-4860-1231929442_thumb.jpg

ALIEN.jpg

ALIEN.jpg

The vast distances between each star forbids us from exploring other even close stars...I think that for that simple reason..people can feel safe in their cynicism of it being a load of crap.

You're mixing up two different questions..

1. Is there life on other planets? (intelligent or not)

2. Have other life forms ever visited us?

I can be cynical of number two, but still accept the possibility of number one. Don't load us cynics all in the same basket, there are two different questions there.

1. Yes, probably

2. I don't think so

Like Stephen Hawkins says, if there aliens already visiting earth, we'd know about it!

Its impossible for life NOT to exist. There's over 100 billion stars just in our galaxy, and there's 100 billion other galaxy's... Its just they are sooooo far away, we will most probably never know about other life within our lifespan.

Yeah i reckon we will find out one day in the future that the universe has heaps of singular cell organisms floating all around the place, hey, some probably came from here many eons ago from asteriods and other stellar collisions!!

But as far as the concept of intelligent life goes or even some thing like a primative mammal or reptile existing out there some where is just soo far out , possible though, but so epic!!!! B) i'm not built for thinking bout that stuff hehehe

just a thought/

Imagine what other ethno species could exsist out there! interacting with the minds and thoughts of other beings and i wonder if they would be illegal on those planets and i wonder if they put biengs who simply partake in the interactions in gaol...

Yeah i reckon we will find out one day in the future that the universe has heaps of singular cell organisms floating all around the place, hey, some probably came from here many eons ago from asteriods and other stellar collisions!!

But as far as the concept of intelligent life goes or even some thing like a primative mammal or reptile existing out there some where is just soo far out , possible though, but so epic!!!! B) i'm not built for thinking bout that stuff hehehe

just a thought/

Imagine what other ethno species could exsist out there! interacting with the minds and thoughts of other beings and i wonder if they would be illegal on those planets and i wonder if they put biengs who simply partake in the interactions in gaol...

Thats fuckin brilliant..I once had a very surreal dream that I was floating in space and was looking back at Earth..I said to myself...why do other humans on that beautiful planet think they have the right to tell others what to do and whats best for them..I wanted the authorities to be right there with me to answer that question with me...their decisions seem so insignificant when you look at the bigger picture.

H.

green house, i've read something about how viable it is that stellar rocks (at least those of our solar system) are a breeding ground for proto-life, which leads to the idea that these rocks land in enviroments more supportive of further evolution (planets, moons) and go on to more complex forms. it seems extremely viable that any environment conducive to evolution will be "seeded" by proto-life from outer space, or even more advanced life which has been blasted from it's home by a volcano or collision. it seems extremely viable that if the earth was smashed apart and rocks were somehow hurtled from the sun's grip, that they would deliver spores to other environments and some of those environments might support the fungal life. if mass extinction really is 'overdue' for this biosphere, maybe our destiny was, at best, to leave an artifact to be found by aliens, so maybe fungi out-evolved us and everything else on the planet. just an idea.

i tend to believe aliens have always visited us, but maybe they never have and never will. we should focus on our own race, because if they are waiting to reveal themselves, they are waiting for us to grow up a bit.

I think the whole universe is alive, we're just like some intestinal flora.

I think there's no way possible that in the odds of the Universe that molecules haven't formed DNA or something else self-replicating anywhere eelse. The likelihood that they're anything remotely similar to us is as high an odd that the human race will ever find them.

I think we should be hugely content that are the only one of our kind anywhere else in the Universe.

I think the fact that we are evolved molecules capable of knowing the extreme things we've learnt. Like we're a planet that knows it's a planet, can see back through to the beginning of time... is this making any sense>?

There are no aliens, all the ufos sighted on earth arent from outer space but are either from Marconis underground city in the Andes or from the nazi base down in Neuschwabenland.

I'm certain there other life forms out there. Just a question as to whether or not they are more advanced than us, or if they are at the same level.

I like to think they are more advanced and compassionate and are watching us waiting for the right time to show us a path to peace.

cheers

I'm certain there other life forms out there. Just a question as to whether or not they are more advanced than us, or if they are at the same level.

I like to think they are more advanced and compassionate and are watching us waiting for the right time to show us a path to peace.

cheers

If anybody's waiting for something it's us.

Anyway.. back to the idea of intelligent life seeding planets; this whole video is pretty awesome but skip into 5:15 to see just how extraterrestrial life is the source of our intelligent life on this planet. Furthermore to look at micro-organisms and automatically assume they are dumb or not proof of extra-terrestrial intelligence is a culturally specific restriction on the definition of 'intelligence' considering that nature works as a collective whole where the hidden intelligence is only seen by the harmonised balance of instinctual adaptations, mutations and behaviors of supposedly random natural selection. Sure the fungus plant body may not be self aware, but the sentience of the organism as a whole is made overwhelmingly obvious to anybody sharing a direct line of communication with some of these species. Then the idea of a spirited world where everything is alive doesn't become such a stretch, after a humble mushroom can show you just how arrogant you were claiming sole rights to intelligence.

^^^ That video on fungi was fascinating!

In the Bhagavad Gita it says that there are innumerable lifeforms throughout the know (and unknown) universe, including our own solar system

they are just inconceivable to us :)

(i will try to find the verses)

shanti

I think the just the fact that some of us believe that there is no extra terrestrial life shows how arrogant we are as a race. If you look up at the stars at night and think how many planets and moons are orbiting just those visible stars. Just how many chances of creating an environment capable of sustaining life in some form. There are just too many chances for life not to exist in another place.

I think of us like the bacteria that live in the toilet bowl. we can only just see outside of our toilet bowl and are only concerned in looking for life that we can comprehend (other toilet like bacteria). Toilet bacteria would not have any comprehension of an elephant wandering the plains of Africa or a whale swimming in the sea.

Just because were toilet bacteria doesnt mean that elephants dont exist..

Just because we are toilet bacteria that are only concerned with other toilet like bacteria and cant comprehend an elephant dont mean its not alive

Of course Aliens exist !!, theres one living on Earth as we speak, he starred in Top Gun. Duurrrrrr !

Moses was an alien, He taught me some crazy diggidigginunduggadigiddidigga speaking tongues rythmic sortof spoken book of the law.. the mosaic law of the cosmos, demonstrating waveforms and rythms as the 'stuff' of life that is holographically ...everything. Maybe not an alien... but the intelligence and the technology was there.. maybe it always was and its apparent novelty is merely a matter of our temporally localised experience that 'forgets' these other realms of existence that always were. This 'reality' regardless of physically existing little green men, has me convinced that there is an ever-emerging alien 'other' from which we can forever learn something 'novel' 'exotic' or 'alien'.

"Don't be afriad.. I bring you love" B)

Gooday Hunab,

Put me down for a yep for life out there.

I cant wait for them to find microbes on Mars and start to dismantle the credibility of the major brainwashers/religions a step further.

I just received my copy from Amazon of Rick Strassmans new book,"Inner Paths to Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through Psychedelics and Other Spiritual Technologies"

For thousands of years, voyagers of inner space--spiritual seekers, shamans, and psychoactive drug users--have returned from their inner imaginal travels reporting encounters with alien intelligences. Inner Paths to Outer Space presents an innovative examination of how we can reach these other dimensions of existence and contact otherworldly beings. Based on their more than 60 combined years of research into the function of the brain, the authors reveal how psychoactive substances such as DMT allow the brain to bypass our five basic senses to unlock a multidimensional realm of existence where otherworldly communication occurs. They contend that our centuries-old search for alien life-forms has been misdirected and that the alien worlds reflected in visionary science fiction actually mirror the inner space world of our minds. The authors show that these “alien” worlds encountered through altered states of human awareness, either through the use of psychedelics or other methods, possess a sense of reality as great as, or greater than, those of the ordinary awareness perceived by our five senses.

“Those who regularly navigate the hyperspatial landscape that some have called the ‘tryptamine dimension’ have long suspected that the portals to inner and outer space may be one and the same. This book, a collaboration of the most cutting-edge shaman/neuroscientists working in this field, boldly explores this concept in a stunning tour de force.”

(Dennis McKenna, Ph.D., coauthor with Terence McKenna of The Invisible Landscape )

“The profoundest inquiries into the nature of reality and the mystery of consciousness are made possible by the psychedelics and other spiritual technologies explored in this astonishing, groundbreaking, and utterly revolutionary book. Written by the maestros of the field, it is exactly the right book at exactly the right time. I found it gripping, thought-provoking, incredibly informative, and--on top of all that--a hugely enjoyable read.”

(Graham Hancock, author of Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind and Fingerprints of the Gods )

Looks like a great read,and has lots of color plates of visionary art.

I am sure a lot of forum members have encountered the occasional alien.

Cheers mate.

I bet my balls their is other "intelligent life on other planets.

What timeframe do you want us to give you to prove this ??? .... Balls.... :drool2:

What timeframe do you want us to give you to prove this ??? .... Balls.... :drool2:

ROFLMAO...are you making a pass at me Mycot..you funny fucker...seriously thought maybe....just maybe..maybe Baphomet and Sublime Crime are aliens.... B)

H.

Heres some interesting shit !

UFO's in Peruvian culture

to me all alien reference seems to be in a state of uncertainty in open-mindedness

like i dunno.... "an alien... wtf?"

very lol

and i heard many of the ahuasca using SA shaman's are having regular affairs and entire family's with these interstellar peep's

this also is very very funny

Hey Hunab! I dont believe in Aliens like the ones in science fiction movies! But I´m sure that the universe is filled with life in diffrent forms! All the rules that apply for the earth will probably apply for any other place with similar conditions! All of our elements exist also on other planets and after the appropriate time and with the right conditions, there will be life! But i doubt that any lifeform will be able to travel large distances through space! To be honest, i never was very convinced from the landing on the moon thing! American politcians would fake everything to gain an advantage! And the bigger the lie, the more people believe it! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

i'll see if i can post an original recorded conversation while in flight, my mates father (air traffic controller) and his mate(pilot) the pilot saying that he sees a bright light flying around him in split seconds going from oneside to another doing the whole zigzag thing, not only that, the pilot and plane goes missing seconds after the fact. the pilot and plane have never been found.

not saying that it could be, just a coinqidink

my grandfather also saw balls of light when he was flying in WW2

he said it happened often and it was something they just weren't to talk about

i believe light is an entirely controllable phenominon there's no doubt about it