The Corroboree
trucha

No joke, Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden is now available

Edited by lsdreamz

Probably best to direct your inquiry for sample pages directly to Snu, his email in in the link in post 1. Copyright issues etc if someone here scans some of the content?

Got my copy today. Very impressive work at 1st glance. Lots of detailed data about aussie as well as the "mainstream" international ethno flora (and some fauna as well).

For those who think the price is a bit rich consider the manufacturing ethics involved: (quoted from trouts webpage and front of book)

"The book is partly illustrated in black & white, 510 pages, hardcover (22cm x 30.7cm x 4.1cm). Printed on sturdy Envirocare 100% Recycled post-consumer fibre (chlorine-free), using vegetable oil-based inks, benign press chemicals and 100% solar power in pre-press and print production. The manufacture was carbon-neutral. "

That can't come cheap!

based on certain peopel here that posted (well respected internet folk in my book!) and also that it is printed as such (green like, ya know) is teh only reason i bought it.

I have not got mine yet, but it is en route. i dont know Snu, in fact i know no ehtno Aussies except through this forum, but based on those 2 points i decided it is worth it...once in a while its worth it to splurge.....this isnt the kind of thing one wants to just steal off of free ebook sites like otehr crappy money making books...this is probably something to hold dear for anyone who feels for this subject.

at least thats how i justified it for myself....if that dont work, use christmas.

So basically it's gonna cost me about $150 bucks total?

I feel as tho I MUST obtain one...

I hope it's worth it!

So basically it's gonna cost me about $150 bucks total?

I feel as tho I MUST obtain one...

I hope it's worth it!

Let me assure you that it is worth it.... Well worth it.... B):drool2:

Agreed.

This book is brilliant. Worth every cent.

Thank you Snu, for all the time and effort you put into this book, it's bloody excellent!

just got mine today....wow. i have read the first part already, really great stuff.

If you a picture person, probably not your thing...but if you want real information, this is quite nice. it is everythign i expected plants of the gods to be (but i find that book quite shitty to be honest). this has many more speceis and far better info on each one. Lots of pages, and lots on each page.....gonna take a while to get through it all! i am glad i bought mine.

teo i think the total on my paypal bill was around $130 USD

it may seem expensive but compare it to their books (more scientific works, not so much novel style) and it is fairly cheap. some of the other books i have cost 200-700 a piece if i had bought them new....and this is along the same quality. from my first reading and flipping through the rest this seems for enthno's like backbergs, britton and rose's and andersons is for the cactus family, except this book tends to have more writing on individual species/genera.

thanks Snu

mine will be arrive soon, very excited :)

Got my copy at EGA.

Excellent reading,

lots of tips and psychnautica.

extensive bibliography,

beautifully made book.

This is an all Australian production, including printing,

and IMO is very cheap for the high quality of the book.

I just got my email about the book... it's going to be about $150 USA dollars (just in case anybody was wondering).

Great memories of crowding around in the dark on the Saturday night at EGA to peer over this tome.

Asked Snu at EGA and he confirmed the reason I found it so great, he has actually gone back to all the original sources. No more references of references. If there is a claim the paper that makes it is referenced. Pretty much looks like all the claims are covered too :P

There's dedication to the cause, then there's dedication to the cause!

Got mine the other day, havent had much spare time to get into it but a quick glance it seems like the shiz nitz, great to see something of this level available to the public :)

Got mine yesterday and its fantastic!!! Way better than i expected!!!

Picked up two copies cos it is so good!

Grab a first edition while they last :D

It's by far, the best book of it's kind. All those that have seen my copy have been enthusiastic about acquiring copies of their own.

I fully expect it to sell out within a few months, as word spreads.

Sounds like the need to go ahead and start reprinting!

Great memories of crowding around in the dark on the Saturday night at EGA to peer over this tome.

That head torch came in really handy :lol:

I took my copy to a party on Saturday night, everyone who picked it up was very impressed and I had a number of inquiries as to where they could get one.

With this level of interest I reckon a second printing won't be far off.

Edited by Fenris

I flicked through every page and with the combined effort of about half a dozen ethno geeks well after midnight... we got a grip of the magnitude and obscure breadth of this work!

finally, the references to the DMT content of the Sudanese acacias!

And Pilocarpus! What a plant! :-)

Julian.

Arrived today.

First Impressions:

Epic.

This is an incredible book. The detail is outstanding. The text is printed much smaller than I expected. Combined with the large page size, a mind blowing amount of information is contained between the covers. I love the illustrations. The quality of the printing and binding is flawless.

And holy shit, what a bibliography! Seriously, it has to be seen to be believed! :drool2: The bibliography alone is worth far more than the price of the whole book.

I'd be very surprised if I'd see another ethno book of this quality appear in my lifetime.

Snu has obviously put a huge amount of time into this project, and it shows.

You'd be crazy if you didn't get a copy of his book. It's an absolute bargain.

Thats all for now, time to get reading.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a copy :wub: .

It's pretty well all been said above, but unquestionably the definitive reference work in regard to entheogens.

I'm finding myself waylaid each time I open it, as something catches my attention and I soon have forgotten what I was actually looking for in the first place. Whirligig beetles of all things, and entheogenic insect stings, had me enthralled this 'arvo.

Can't recall ever being so impressed with a reference work before, and could not recommend the book more highly.

Well done Snu.

ed

realised a day ago that i had not even had a look at the index.its normally the way i gauge these sort of books.this book has kept me too interested to get to looking at the index.lots of treasures to be found the more you dig it......

t s t .

Alot more then I ever could have expected. Received yesterday and I'm more then amazed