The Corroboree
unseen4ce

Stopping the Illegalisation of 1000's of Plant species

http://suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819-campaign-ideas/suggestions/1384297-stopping-the-federal-illegalisation-of-thousands-o

Please vote against this proposal at get-up; not sure how much integrity this organisation has, but they were doing the same thing with the internet filter before the Gov decided to fuck us over anyways.

(I did search, a double post couldn't hurt for the campaigns sake anyways)

Edited by unseen4ce
  • Like 2

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read this year! What is wrong with people!?

If this gets passed I'm done with Australia!! Look out New Zealand.

Come to the States mate...

Citizenship / permanent residency will be much more difficult. I'm at least a naturalized citizen of NZ. Haven't lived there since I was 6 though (now staring down the barrel of 30)

Thanks for the link, signed.

Teotzlcoatl

Come to the States mate...

Yeah, because in the last decade the US has become such a bastion of individual liberty. :P

Foreign policy and what-not sucks....

Peyote and Ayahuasca are legal for religious use here. Try getting that passed in Aus, homie.

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Seriously, how did this even come up in discussion to add this shit to the list? I can just see these fuckheads picturing 1000 acre hydro trich farms LOL

• Like 1

i have feral Sida and datura on my property along with dimitri containing wattles. As do many other farmers. This law could never be fairly enforced.

But this would mean that i could be charged if the Man so decides i need to go to jail.

The stupidity of people in our government never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for bringing this to my attention unseen4ce.

cheers

okay i have been warning of the coming of these, ridiculed and called conspiracy nut , that's cool, now what do? its called non compliance , is it ridiculous enough now to not comply? or shall we wait till oxygen is a no no?

Once again the government pisses all over the urinal cake that is our freedom.

• Like 1

i think a mass mailing effort is in order

Just send your member of Parliment/Ombudsman A Turd In A Box , after all we put up with their shit :innocent_n:

Edited by mac
  • Like 3

i have feral Sida and datura on my property along with dimitri containing wattles. As do many other farmers. This law could never be fairly enforced.

But this would mean that i could be charged if the Man so decides i need to go to jail.

They would need to also ban the national icon. On the bright side there would be a number of pollys with acacia's in there yards. Perhaps this could be a way to get them behind bars.

I have little doubt this is a strategic move by corrupt gov officials and pharmaceutical companies as part of codex alimentarius. They have vested interest in these regulations so its not just ignorance to blame. They know full well what they do.

The stupidity of people in our government never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for bringing this to my attention unseen4ce.

cheers

• Like 1

Introduction

In presenting the Government’s National Security Statement in December 2008, the former

Prime Minister, the Hon Kevin Rudd MP, identified organised crime as a growing and continuing

national challenge. The Government recently declared its commitment to target the criminal

economy at the launch of the Organised Crime Strategic Framework. One means of achieving this

outcome is by targeting one of the primary markets of organised crime – the importation, domestic

production and distribution of illicit drugs.

I shit you not. This is their rationale for banning datura, wattle, cacti, etc. etc. etc.

The problem is, that the number of illegal plants will suddenly go up one-thousand-fold, and it won't make news. What's worse, most people would probably think it's a great idea. Really though, as has been said, it cannot be enforced. I see massive opium crops in people's front yards. Second most recognisable naughty plant, and people can comfortably grow it in their front yard on a main road without drawing too much attention. Are they really going to waste resources trying to figure out which cacti contain what? So much to be said about this, but I really don't know where to start. It's not really like we should expect the laws to be logical or anything. Let's just hope this doesn't become law. It would be shithouse to say the least.

Excellent idea to get GetUp to take this on. Was this someone on this forum who thought of it? unseen4ce, did you do it?

In one day we've got 20% of the votes needed to get to the top of the list. How awesome is that?

I've made a shortened version of the URL so it is easier to post in forums and email as the other one breaks up or copies bad.

http://bit.ly/eVbxfW

keep spreading the news on FB and other places so we get some momentum happening.

Excellent idea to get GetUp to take this on. Was this someone on this forum who thought of it?

Tripsis started it all I think :)

I have little doubt this is a strategic move by corrupt gov officials and pharmaceutical companies as part of codex alimentarius. They have vested interest in these regulations so its not just ignorance to blame. They know full well what they do.

Maybe they're not so stupid after all :P

the getup campaign is taken the list over, its on the top with heaps of votes ontop, hopefully getup take this on!!

Im still speechless disbelieving... i dont know what to say *jaw on ground*

I think that creating a law that cannot be enforced (in an all encompassing and "fair" way) and will be selectively enforced against targeted groups (that's us) should be against the law, as should any kind of persecution of minorities, as this never had anything to do with public safety (safe from us maybe). I think Auxin said it best, Hypocrisy should be against the law, especially for politicians.

...non compliance. Now excuse me while I pay for my power and internet bills.

Even though it seemed making that suggestion to GetUp was a good idea, it doesn't look like they're going to take it up as a campaign. They have not responded to my email asking them whether they planned on taking it on as a campaign or not and time is running out.