The Corroboree
Magicdirt

APOCALYPTO

I watched this movie when it came out, was really looking forward to it. Was a little disapointed after watching it though. Was expecting something different I guess. At leased we all know what happens when you make chocolate the official currency lol.

Forget all the politics.

What politics?

it is just a movie ( based on some facts), not a documentary.

It's actually meant to be a mix of both...

“I got a bit of a hard time for accuracies, but that was bullshit,” he said. “I did my research.”

You either like it or don't like it.

I disagree, as I'm right in the middle somewhere.

Watch it, don't watch it. Just a bit of legal stimulation for the brain, well , for my brain anyway.(mind you,i am easily stimulated :lol: )

If that's all you got from it, then Gibson failed in his stated mission. Apparently he actually wanted to teach you something.

gees synchro having a bad day are we, didnt know enjoying a movie constituted ignorance.........maybe i just dont micro analyse every facet of my life, unlike yourself who seems to have all the answers........you must be a really important person.

What a strange way of admitting that you were wrong... Anyway, if you do actually need it spelled out for you, then here you go:

Calling a callous misrepresentation of one of the greatest societies of all time, trivial, is ignorant.

Calling Mayans and Archaeologists who disagree with Apocalypto, crying realists, is ignorant.

Denying the power which the first major film on the Maya contains (for both good and bad), is ignorant.

Edited by synchromesh

post 27 then im ignorant.........and i didnt even know it ( im ignorant)

post 27 then im ignorant.........and i didnt even know it ( im ignorant)

And arrogant to match by the looks of it... What's with mentioning the post number? Do you think that we all have bad eyesight or something?

just let it go synchro, you dont agree nor do i ..............i have no beef with you, especially over a trivial point like this, i agreed i was ignorant so you win, your the man dude. i promise ill never enjoy APOCOLYPSO again....ever :worship:

• Like 1

i promise ill never enjoy APOCOLYPSO again....ever :worship:

I hate this sorta patronising crap. Well, I strongly dislike people doing that.

It's not a trivial point, the way in which hollywood forms public opinion and therefore our culture and the very shape of the world we live in... trivial?

The Dude's on track :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPCL2vu7H8

Note the mask.......it appears a lot lately,well at least 4 movies I can think of.

Sometimes trivia is exactly what we need :rolleyes:

:lol:

Watch "At play in the fields of the Lord" and "The Blue Butterfly".....hell "Donnie Darko"...."Hell-Raiser"...it depends on the HollyWood influence.

It actually surprises me how many people think they are not affected by the manipulation of TV and Hollywood. If only they studied NLP for any amount of time they'll see it doesn't matter what they perceive in the moment, its the deeper longer lasting mind games that they fall victim too.

Dudes posts on the earlier page map out some of the more obvious themes. You all need to start looking more closely at the what these films are trying to achieve. They are not just there for your entertainment.

^^^ Surely it depends on the individual and the programme in question? Or even the perception of the individual is what counts more in the end? I was watching the Learn To Fly video by Foo Fighters (a song and band I love) and I perceived it this one time in a vastly different way to how I'd previously seen/watched it. I didn't like it this time. Probably the perception change due to Lucy is what made it different, but did it make it right? To cut a long story short, I saw a - subversive - very negative take on cannabis. Perhaps it's my prejudgement on Dave Grohl's attendance on the CoScientology - and their forbidding of drug use - to make me think that. But I had a massive aversion to wanting to watch the rest of it; mostly because I didn't want to hate a loved song. In that state of mind I also got onto thinking about Faust and it all went downhill after there...

So, should I have ignored suspicion and just enjoyed the song and clip? Or should I have switched off just going from a suspicious idea and not enjoy?

^^^ I don't think it matters so much what you consciously perceive, Your perception of an event has no effect on its hypnotic persuasion.

It does however effect the way your brains filing system brings up information based on past events and experiences. Things get tagged to other emotions and such. Anchoring is one simple technique used.

^^^ I don't think it matters so much what you consciously perceive, Your perception of an event has no effect on its hypnotic persuasion.

It does however effect the way your brains filing system brings up information based on past events and experiences. Things get tagged to other emotions and such. Anchoring is one simple technique used.

That's correct but only up to the point where it is not recognised for what it is.

With a bit of study into hypnosis and hypnotic suggestion techniques you can easily identify when such devices are being employed ( by the stupor that is normally associated with the hypnotic state) and consciously choose not to accept them.

Hypnosis isn't black magic or sorcery as some would suggest it's just basic suggestion ( although with some refined techniques these days) once you understand the basics and have mastered them your mind recognises these techniques and the bullshit meter clicks in.

Be the master of your own mind.

Meditation on any emotionally charged issue can put it into perspective no matter how powerful the "witchdoctor" that planted the hook seems.

• Like 1

You would be better to meditate "INSTEAD" of watching this stuff. Prevention is the best cure they say. Still if you do decide to get involved don't be fooled at the level of linguistic sophistication employed in some scripts.

@ synchromesh, I don't have the terminology for every thing that i want to say so I have trouble explaining my point. To me, it was a just movie and really got no message from it. Heck ,, i just wanted to chuck my two cents worth in.

Edited by Amazonian

You would be better to meditate "INSTEAD" of watching this stuff. Prevention is the best cure they say. Still if you do decide to get involved don't be fooled at the level of linguistic sophistication employed in some scripts.

Yeah, well it's all about the subconscious isn't it. There's not a lot you can do when it comes to your subconscious. And that's a real worry too, as apparently the subconscious makes 95% of our choices for us!

Edited by synchromesh

Yeah, well it's all about the subconscious isn't it. There's not a lot you can do when it comes to your subconscious. And that's a real worry too, as apparently the subconscious makes 95% of our choices for us!

I have to disagree on that point, there are many ways to establish lines of communication and with your subconscious mind and remove blocks etc.

NLP being one of the more recent methods and things like self hypnosis, meditation and dowsing are more traditional approaches.

I don't see it as worry I see it more as opportunity that can be exploited to our advantage.

Like I said before be the master of your own mind.

We are evolved enough to have conscious control over our minds. In Chinese meditation (Qi gong) it is called mindful intent - your mind will go where you send it or it will bound around like a monkey in fruitshop.

Edited by Magicdirt
  • Like 2

you mob seem to enjoy arguing your points and beliefs and conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

I liked the movie :shrug: so whatever that makes me, think what you will.

I also enjoy thinking for myself and believing in my own intuition, and I don't need a text book or movie to tell me what is wrong or right either.

whatever, just wanted to say that I liked the movie which is why I bothered reading this thread :P

Magicdirt - Yeah, I know that. What I meant was that besides complete avoidance of things like advertising, there's no real way to shield the subconscious from their messages. For example: you may try and ignore every billboard you come across, but if one hits the corner of one of your eyes, than you can bet that it's already been implanted in your subconscious.

Edited by synchromesh

Magicdirt - Yeah, I know that. What I meant was that besides complete avoidance of things like advertising, there's no real way to shield the subconscious from their messages. For example: you may try and ignore every billboard you come across, but if one hits the corner of one of your eyes, than you can bet that it's already been implanted in your subconscious.

Good point

There's way too much of that sort of crap around, that does tend to take free will out of the equation.

Like I always say If you want to sell something bypass free will - aim it at kids.

But it certainly applies to adults as well.

^^^^ Its all about general Consent. Once you have the consent from the public majority your work is done. I agree with you magic dirt, we ALL have the power to control our own mind. I see attempts of weakening this power at every corner, I'm pretty sure they have the general consent they need.

I also enjoy thinking for myself and believing in my own intuition, and I don't need a text book or movie to tell me what is wrong or right either.

We'd all like to believe this, but how do you know your idea's are formed using YOUR intuition.

Positised some good points in here which have been negatised back to zero. It seems some people here disagree that trying to build a line of communication with the subconscious and maintaining control of your free-will is a positive thing. I wonder how much free-will they had making the decision to negatise.

• Like 1

^^^ I think the whole rating thing is promoting negativeness. By giving a positive point to one post, you negatise every other post. The whole reputation points will be abused one day, someone will be too trusting of someone else due to the "reputation points" and get burned.

• Like 1

meeka, u will soon find out that SAB is home to more than ur average conspiracy nuts and assorted nutbags n general ;)

thats why we love em' (us? haha)

I dug the movie to and havent felt the urge to yeah well tomahawk my neighbour (temping as it is), abuse a jewish policeman, or drink diet pepsi.

as for movies acting upon the subconcious?? i think not. nay. nope.

unless im a millionaire and im seeing some sweet car being driven by wesley snipes up some vampires date i may be inclined to buy.

but then again im of the persuasion that 99% of most conspiacy theories are a load of horsepoop, some may have an element of truth, like the proverbial wives tale.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Conspiracy theory this, conspiracy theory that... Jeez, one thinks you better not take a course in Advertising.. lest you'd turn around and believe you're in Illuminati HQ! :rolleyes:

Thanks for ignoring the video I posted by the way. It gives a good indication of the way you "learn" things.

We'd all like to believe this, but how do you know your idea's are formed using YOUR intuition.

"If you've been brainwashed, how would you know?" :wink: