The Corroboree
Scientician

Positive trade list

sharxx101

yep and it would always be nice for some try hard trainee copper to look on here at some dude trading a cactus and to then misinform themselves that they are onto some drug king pin................pleeease, ludicrous system.

try hard trainee coppers :P

This is pretty much pointless. I doubt that people would take the time to check a 50+ pages thread in order to find positive reps of someone they are about to deal with. And a few positive reps during a few weeks is totally meaningless. Only way i would give this kind of system a chance would be if people write an empty post inside this thread so trading partners can click on the positive rep button on that particular post to rep him up. One post per member and everyone only has one vote. This way, you avoid having the same names pop op all over again. But this has disadvantages too. Its too anonymous and if someone suddenly goes from top to flop, you cant vote him down anymore. Its almost like ebay. But no system is perfect. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

This is pretty much pointless. I doubt that people would take the time to check a 50+ pages thread in order to find positive reps of someone they are about to deal with. And a few positive reps during a few weeks is totally meaningless. Only way i would give this kind of system a chance would be if people write an empty post inside this thread so trading partners can click on the positive rep button on that particular post to rep him up. One post per member and everyone only has one vote. This way, you avoid having the same names pop op all over again. But this has disadvantages too. Its too anonymous and if someone suddenly goes from top to flop, you cant vote him down anymore. Its almost like ebay. But no system is perfect. bye Eg

It was just an idea that I had been going over in my head & made the decision I'd float it & see how it goes. I thought that the guidelines that I stipulated in the first post were pretty straight forward & would result in a name & votes not multiple name posts. The reason I wanted to avoid negative votes was because I didn't want it turning into a possible bitch session. It was just meant to promote good service. But if it's too flawed then by all means remove it. Don't know unless you try right?

yeah Muskrat, thats alright and i´m with you in regard to the absence of negative votes because that would stir up shit all the time because of some minor micky mouse problems or simple misunderstandings. No Problem if you wanna go on with that thread to give it a try. Like i said, theres no perfect system and maybe it works out. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

I've not had a bad trade from anyone, so anyone I've traded with should be here... But I can't recall them all...

Sorry to those that should go here from me...

B_T, water trade, pd (fuckyeah), poisonshroom, are a few that def come to mind, but there are soooooooo many...

Watertrade

• Like 1

would prolly be better to post bad traders, but thats opening up a whole different can of worms

would prolly be better to post bad traders, but thats opening up a whole different can of worms

Irie,

I agree with El & Eg.....

I think a "Bitch List" would serve a better purpose!!!

You would at least know who to avoid!

Just ain't gonna be so Nice!

Respect,

Z

shouldnt it be the other way round............mentioning members who dont trade. even then i think thats flawed, also what if PD for example doesnt want a million newbs now annoying him via PM for unwanted trade talk.

just seems a bit weird to me, the people on this list already have good reps anyway and most know they are good, the ones that dont should really bide there time and join in the forum and learn the ropes, learn the lingo, learn which personalitys to avoid and to attach for themselves.

i cant put this into words properly i just think its fundamentally wrong.

reward people for trading who should be trading if they are paid and or have offered to trade anyway.

yep and it would always be nice for some try hard trainee copper to look on here at some dude trading a cactus and to then misinform themselves that they are onto some drug king pin................pleeease, ludicrous system.

I get where your coming from Santiago but I'm failing to see how this list would have a greater negative impact than people putting up their trade & sales lists & photos of their entheogenic gardens? I have put this list under Seed & Plant Exchange not Meth & Smack exchange. I, like every one else who uses these threads are rare plant collectors/gardeners. I believe that police interest would more than likely revolve around things like extraction teks & what not. Even as a non member & without this list I could easily work out which active members have the biggest collections (not a hard task). For now at least this is a perfectly legal hobby we'll see how things end up in the next 18 months though i guess. But until then I think the police will have a hard time convicting people for having a legal garden. This is not a list for people to view over & say to themselves "Hey, Joe Blogs shit is the bomb". The intention is meant to be that a person/s with high votes - do what they say, others have had smooth transactions with them & chances are your not going to get ripped off.

Plus if someone decides to try & harass another member for a trade they haven't advertised or are not happy with....

#1 It's probably going to happen anyway regardless of this list.

#2 It's just someone sending a message. Let them know your not interested or ignore them. Freedom of choice dude.

If an annoying PM is the worst thing that will happen in a persons day then I truly, truly envy them.

i see where your coming from muskrat, but theoretically shouldnt people be trading good all the time anyway.

people could just vote up the traders initial post when offering to trade or for example in the trading thread just vote up the VVVV.

also i think that not everybody in life is necessarily after a pat on the back, what your doing is mentioning and highlighting somebodys name without their permission..........which is all cool if they ripped you off possibly but what if certqin traders just wanted anonmynity.

Some good points there Santiago. Would it be possible for a moderator to move this to site & forum matters where this can be an open discussion rather than a work in practice?

Maybe a trade status option attached to peoples files?

remember, if you think a deal is going bad PM andyamine first thing, or if he's not around pm another mod, ask a mutual friend to mediate or ffs PM somebody, don't go off half-cocked with a defamation thread "such and such is a low life rip off", especially don't go mentioning details of the trade in public before going to serious other lengths first.

we've had this happen. nobody really wants to see a bad traders thread do they? if there is one, it has to be a locked thread, with additions made by mods only.

i do think that we need to act more quickly though if somebody is being suss, to prevent any future chiral's or conan's from becoming as serious as they did.

• Like 3

theoretically shouldnt people be trading good all the time anyway.

wouldnt it be easier to have something in your profile where positive trade points are left, much like ebay though have it only show on profile page.

anyone can add positive after a trade but only a mod can add a neg after mediation fails.

• Like 2

theoretically shouldnt people be trading good all the time anyway.

really would be the best option

wouldnt it be easier to have something in your profile where positive trade points are left, much like ebay though have it only show on profile page.

anyone can add positive after a trade but only a mod can add a neg after mediation fails.

I too think that this is the best way to do things. Basically what I was suggesting several posts back. I just wish I opened this whole damn thing with that as my first suggestion. But you know how it is every idea is the best one you've ever had when you're a number of beers deep.

Edited by muskrat

Yes!

Edited by Alice

gogogadget

yeah Muskrat, thats alright and i´m with you in regard to the absence of negative votes because that would stir up shit all the time because of some minor micky mouse problems or simple misunderstandings. No Problem if you wanna go on with that thread to give it a try. Like i said, theres no perfect system and maybe it works out. bye Eg

i agree

zelly

applesnail

Not sure if this is the right thread but I just want to say "thankyou" to rockomsockomrobots, dreamwalker and nailthesnail for your generosity for the seeds that you have sent to myself to help me rebuild my ethno collection :worship: when you guys want any seeds plants of mine in the future then please sing out :)

• Like 1