The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

Fuck!

Well I got up this morning and my ritual is I have a smoke and chill out with my cacti for 5-10 mintues each morning before I head off to work.

This morning I was walking around and noticed that one of my pots was moved 5 meters away, with only one small bridgessii monstrose in it.

I had 4 in the pot to start with and one of them being my only cristate monstrose

I then looked and found a further 2 pots completely missing with 2 of my bigger monstrose gone.

So 5 of my monstrose are now stolen.

My brother told me of a guy who asked him for a cutting of one around 3 months earlier, he lives about 5 doors down, I went for a walk just before and havent seen any evidence that he has them. He was asking for some to get high, fucking arsehole. He normally mows my next door neighbours yard and has a perfect view of all of them. I dont know why my brother didnt tell me of this guy, if I had known that there was someone that i didnt know who had a keen interest in my cacti i would of moved them and taken extra caution.

I bet my cristate has now been eaten :ana:

What chemicals can i feed my cacti to make someone VERY sick? I will use this chem on my cacti which i do not plan to sell and just keep as my ornamentals.

Im going to have to set up a pereskiopsis fence around my collection.

I am now going to order a hothouse and padlock it too. Ive been planning on buying one but im in too much debt atm and this is going to fuck me over even further...

Can anyone recommend a good source for a hothouse? If not Im going to have to order a kit from the states :rolleyes:

FUCK!

Iv never seen a cristate monstrose for sale anywhere before... :(

This just puts me even further away from having a complete trich collection..

This puts my faith in mankind a extra leap back...fuck this shits me

:ana: some people are dispicable!!! i'd be snooping around that guys yard if i were you, this means war :uzi:

sorry to hear about this.. it really sucks and is becomming FAR too common these days.. bounce back hard!

good luck. its a damn shame such things are encountered in this scene.. spray em with ROGOR, or say ya did ;) and a big :wave-finger::wave-finger::bootyshake::uzi: to anyone who has ever done such a thing.

yeah fuckign fuckers

sorry to hear about it dodie

cacti are more to people than something to get high on

we work hard to develop relationships with our plants and some stupid dickhead comes along and cause so much anguish and pain

sorry to hear mate

shit house

:ana:

hope ya find your babies, i feel ya

oh man that sucks

was your next door neighbors lawn mowed recently?

Thats fucked Dodie! I hope you find the culprit.

Its made me think about the location of mine now, some one could easily jump the fence and help themselves.

Be careful people! :uzi: :ph34r:

It doesnt appear so. However its his sister that lives next door to us. I doubt very much that she had anything to do with it nor would she know about it, the ppl next door are good ppl. I havent seen her brother before though...

The neighbours at the back of us are also on my list of suspicions, the pot that was moved was close to the fence up the back. But the guys at the back on the diagonal moved out recently and this may have been a way for the "lawn mower" guy to go through the empty yard and straight into ours.

One more thing that i think it was this guy is that it appears he tried to take all 3 pots and was too much for him so he pulled out 3 of the monstrose out of one pot and placed them in the others so he could carry them.

I really want to plant my pere's around that walkway but i think our dog uses it and i wouldnt want to hurt him.

I was thinking of getting a greenhouse like this

http://www2.yardiac.com/details.asp?tgs=17...10&item_id=9748

But i dont know anything about them, would this be good for cacti?

Security is my only real reason for wanting one.. i suppose that this is a good enough reason to get into more tropical plants, it seems cacti are the ones that go missing most of the time... :(

gee, that sucks! :angry:

it's proly somebody you know, or there friend (s).

there is some chance they haven't been eaten and you might get them back.

think hard of all the people you have told about those cacti...

now think of who of them would be so stupid to steal them of you, it's somebody who thinks ripping off cacti is fun, well :uzi: fuck you bloody fucking thieves.

the cristate is a rare thing, oh my god this low life definately didn't know what they were doing.

anyway, this happend before to other members and all we can do is to support you.

i havent got too many monstrous bridgesii to give away, but i can send you an eileen cutting.

pm me with your addy, thx's.

just don't tell anybody in the future how cool all those plants are, if nobody knows, than you will be save.

I dont think that it has been anyone that iv told, i showed 2 of my mates my collection the other day but i can say for sure that it wasnt them. They are very trustworthy. I guess it is possible that its someone that i know or knows me. But im pretty certain it was this guy.

He asked my brother not long ago if he could have a cutting of the one that gets you high, pointed and asked for a look at the ones that were taken, i dont know why my brother showed him or why he didnt tell me about this.

Thank you very much for your kind offer PH, but i have 2 monstrose left, one decent sized one and the other is small, its kinda lucky that 2 of my monstrose got a bit of rot cause i took a few cuttings and i just planted them in my room under fluro's. I also have a couple Eileen cuttings downstairs..so not to worry look after your cacti mate, if i had more here theres a good chance that theyd be taken :ana:

sorry to hear about this.. it really sucks and is becomming FAR too common these days.. bounce back hard!

good luck. its a damn shame such things are encountered in this scene.. spray em with ROGOR, or say ya did ;) and a big :wave-finger::wave-finger::bootyshake::uzi: to anyone who has ever done such a thing.

Hahahah I was about to say 'You should have sprayed em with Rogor'.

Heres some pics i posted before, they were taken on christmas day.. :(

post-710-1141202140_thumb.jpg

post-710-1141202517_thumb.jpg

aww dude fuck that! if its eaten i hope it was not de spined properly!

What exactly does Rogor do to the human body? Im hoping something VERY nasty, hospitilisation for a few weeks would be grand, internal organ failure would be even better, or even to scare the absolute shit out of them, rethink their/his life and never do anything like this again would be best.

Far out mate, I feel for you! God damn I would be very very annoyed if any of my cacti got stolen. Cause they are more than just a material posession...they are friends, family. I wish you luck with securing your collection, and if possible, recovering the stolen plants. I hope you are going to spy on and/or grill this suspect hardcore over the next few days. He sounds like the culprit!! Mother fucker.

Guest Mexicali
Iv never seen a cristate monstrose for sale anywhere before... :(

This just puts me even further away from having a complete trich collection..

This puts my faith in mankind a extra leap back...fuck this shits me

Have no fear, Mexicali here :)

I have cristate monstrose trichocereus Japanese cultivars ;)

Yes they are imported and yes they are available for purchase B)

Have no fear, Mexicali here :)

Yes they are imported and yes they are available for purchase B)

As a proud owner of one of these plants I give them 2 thumbs up! :lol:

Leave a note in his mailbox saying you hope he didn't eat those cacti because you spray them with a systemic fungicide that could linger in his system for months before giving him liver failure.

If he hasn't eaten them, then he probably won't after reading the note, and if he has then he fear might be a decent revenge.

Weird because I had a dream last night of my bridgesii monstrose being stolen :/

Guest Mexicali

With all due respect, you'd have to be a :bootyshake: hole to kill a crest and eat it, but there are plenty of them around around aren't there... ( :bootyshake: holes that is)

I'm hoping that the crest is still growing...wherever it may be....and just to make you feel a little better...here's one of my very special plants...I haven't even show it in a photo to anyone before...this is one of my precioussss ones and it stays in quarantine. I'm sorry about your loss....if it makes you feel any better I've had most of my older Arios stolen....not nice....I hope the photo ups our evening :) :

Edited by Mexicali

Have no fear, Mexicali here

Yes they are imported and yes they are available for purchase

Thats comforting, I'll have to buy one right after i get a hothouse. :)

Thats a very beautiful specimen you have there.

I'm glad I keep my lophs indoors ^_^

brother when staring to read your first post, i was hoping these gutless soft cocks did'nt get your most recently purchased loph!!!!!!!!!

what a relif in one sense alone.

well i'd be definatly post a few signs on telephone posts in local streets stating that these (photo's) cati are actually treated with poisions, to deter theft.

mucto the tune of what teo said, its a great idea, you may not get your cacti back, however you will scar the shit out of the people responsable, maybe even a placebo will come into effect,

they might just end up in hospital from the placebo.

peace to you brother, i'd offer a cutting, but i'm certain your collection is much more exciting than mine.

jase

It's weird isn't it?...how we see them as plants and friends, and some people see just a drug.

Unfortunately as much as we like to show and tell it's best not to because we are oddities! we have respect and a relationship much like with a pet,this doesn't apply to most pepole IME.These days I just keep my mouth shut about what I grow and the following "so what does it do?" thing.These people are just dicks on the take.

Really sorry for your loss mate.

...but stolen magic is untamed magic so they'll get theirs :wave-finger: soon.

So sorry to hear that dodie, that's a really low thing to do. Several years ago i was ripped off big time, not cactii, but to the value of approx $5000-8000...and mere weeks after my partner had died! The sad fact is, that whoever did it must have been one of my 'friends'....no one else could have known the location.

It gnawed at me a long time....so fucking unfair. How do people liek this live with themselves?

I agree with what others have said, make a small flyer and stick it in the suspects letter boxes....purely out of concern for potentially lethal consequences of course.

What exactly does Rogor do to the human body? Im hoping something VERY nasty, hospitilisation for a few weeks would be grand, internal organ failure would be even better, or even to scare the absolute shit out of them, rethink their/his life and never do anything like this again would be best.

Don't think organ failure is all that likely... however:

"The organophosphate insecticides are cholinesterase inhibitors. They are highly toxic by all routes of exposure. When inhaled, the first effects are usually respiratory and may include bloody or runny nose, coughing, chest discomfort, difficult or short breath, and wheezing due to constriction or excess fluid in the bronchial tubes. Skin contact with organophosphates may cause localized sweating and involuntary muscle contractions. Eye contact will cause pain, bleeding, tears, pupil constriction, and blurred vision. Following exposure by any route, other systemic effects may begin within a few minutes or be delayed for up to 12 hours. These may include pallor, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, headache, dizziness, eye pain, blurred vision, constriction or dilation of the eye pupils, tears, salivation, sweating, and confusion. Severe poisoning will affect the central nervous system, producing incoordination, slurred speech, loss of reflexes, weakness, fatigue, involuntary muscle contractions, twitching, tremors of the tongue or eyelids, and eventually paralysis of the body extremities and the respiratory muscles. In severe cases there may also be involuntary defecation or urination, psychosis, irregular heart beats, unconsciousness, convulsions and coma. Death may be caused by respiratory failure or cardiac arrest"

---http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/dienochlor-glyphosate/dimethoate-ext.html

It's interesting that if somebody stole and ate an ethnohead's cactus which was sprayed with an organophosphate, they'd probably be able to find some atropine containing plants somewhere in the garden as well which is used to help treat organophosphate poisioning.

Here's an idea,

first get some dead chickens, scatter them around your yard and outside your house.

Then, print up a sign that reads "Warning! This area has been quarantined by the Australian Health Disaster Management Policy Committee(AHDMPC) under possible Avian Influenza contamination"

Should keep the thieves at bay :)

P.S It's a shame when these things happen...

Sappy.

Edited by sappyroot