The Corroboree

bit's garden

bit

I'll grab another photo tonight so you can see the little retaining wall. I've also finished the fence (with a tiny bit of staining to go). The fence in the background has been stained too so that looks heaps neater.

I'll try and get the landscaping rocks moved around a bit so you will get an idea of the layout I will end up with. The rocks are pretty massive though, so I'll see how far I get rolling em round on my own hehe.

• Like 1

Just make sure you have dense enough soil to keep the columnars upright, just had a 9 foot C. peruvians keel over on itself this afternoon likely from to pourous sandy soil that it was planted in.

Should be ok, the dark mix that I'm putting around the plants is 50/50 compost and pumice. The light stuff that forms the base of the garden is mostly just regular topsoil and some broken clay mixed in.

That's starting to look pretty good!

What other cacti and succulents have you got planned for it?

Too many to list... wait and see :D

• Like 3

Man that must have been stinking hot work today bit! Good work I will be most offended if I dont get to visit your garden again once you've finished this masterpiece

Heh, yeah it was hard work.. the garden is not 'clean' soil. It's had a number of trees cut down in the last 18 months, so plenty of roots around. Also, I've a really annoying weed that has thick spaghetti like fragile roots, broad green leaves, and grows from bulbs. It's been hard work trying to eradicate it while de-potting.