The Corroboree
chnt

A chat with ms straightedge

profile description: :

3 nerd life, I draw and paint and love scifi and comic books, love body modification and tattoos
Natural black hair grey green eyes :3 curvy girl Tattoos an stretched ears
Straightedge dont mind drinking and smoking but zero drug tolerance

conversation:

chnt says:
Hey
ms straightedge says:
Hiya
chnt says:
How are you?
ms straightedge says:
Very good and yourself
chnt says:
Not bad, a little hungry...
chnt says:
What brings you here?
ms straightedge says:
Trying to find new people
chnt says:
Friends?
ms straightedge says:
Yeah to start with
chnt says:
Cool
chnt says:
What are you into?
ms straightedge says:
Um art tattoos music and walking
chnt says:
What kind of music?
ms straightedge says:
Hardcore, punk and ska
chnt says:
I'm into quite a range but particularly ambient and experimental electronic type stuff
chnt says:
So you say you drink and smoke or did I read that wrong?
ms straightedge says:
I don't drink or smoke ever
chnt says:
But you have nothing against others who do?
ms straightedge says:
Nope it's a personal choice
chnt says:
What about people who smoke weed or take other drugs?
ms straightedge says:
No time for them sorry
chnt says:
So what is the difference to you?
ms straightedge says:
What do you mean ?
chnt says:
What is the difference between people who drink and smoke and people who use drugs?
ms straightedge says:
Alcohol and cigarettes are legal and wide spread I hate them but accept its a part of life but I can easily separate myself from people who use other things
chnt says:
So the reason is because Alcohol and cigarettes are legal?
chnt says:
What about if weed was became legal?
chnt says:
And if alcohol and tobacco became illegal would you separate from those people?
ms straightedge is offline. You can still send this person messages and they will receive them the next time they are online.
ms straightedge is online.
ms straightedge says:
I'm not explaining or justifying my lifestyle I live clean and don't judge what more do you want
chnt says:
I'm not attacking you, I'm curious and want to understand you that is all
ms straightedge says:
I get attacked for it all the time is all
chnt says:
People are douche bags...
chnt says:
But I have empathy for them
chnt says:
Can you explain your ideals and lifestyle to me?
ms straightedge says:
I'm straightedge
chnt says:
Why are you straightedge? (again I'm not attacking you, just curious)
ms straightedge says:
I don't like altering your own personality or being dependant on a substance for either happiness or confidence
chnt says:
That is more than reasonable, but can I ask why you don't like that?
ms straightedge says:
It explains itself I believe you should enjoy who you are naturally and use you wit and personality to enjoy life
chnt says:
I believe in freedom of choice so I certainly agree that people should be able to do that if they want to
chnt says:
But what about people who cant do that?
ms straightedge says:
I don't feel like having this conversation I have it all the time
chnt says:
That's fine
chnt says:
Am I able to explain a bit about myself without being attacked?
chnt says:
I have no intention of putting you down either
ms straightedge says:
Like I said I don't judge people
chnt says:
That's a great quality to have
chnt says:
I just have to quickly sort something out with a friend, I'll be with you shortly
chnt says:
So anyway...
chnt says:
I think about things very deeply and so I completely understand where you're coming from
chnt says:
I used to be against "drugs" and I also used to binge drink from time to time during and a little after high school
chnt says:
I was extremely naive and that was the norm...
chnt says:
I'd developed depression and social anxiety around the time I started high school, a few things contributed to this, namely having a depressed and abusive dad and also from having ADHD since I was a young child
chnt says:
I went through a very dark period when I was 19-20, to the point where I wished I constantly wished I was dead, I finally decided to try weed for the first time since I had nothing to lose, it ended up being a catalyst for great change in my life and I am a much better person for it
chnt says:
I began doing a lot of research about "drugs" and found that what most people commonly accept about them is largely untrue
chnt says:
One of the most notable examples of this is the whole medical cannabis scene throughout the US
chnt says:
Through researching the science and history of "drugs" I found that alcohol is actually one of the most dangerous, and that the biggest factor that makes "drugs" bad for you isn't the drugs themselves but the fact that they are illegal
chnt says:
I found out that certain "drugs" can be profoundly healing and positive and not bad for you, if you learn how to use them correctly
chnt says:
And for literally thousands of years cultures around the world have been using these compounds as medicine, to the benefit of everyone
chnt says:
I find myself in a similar place to you in that if I were to be open about my interests and ideals I would be attacked by many ignorant people
chnt says:
Now I try to talk to people rationally to find out why they think a certain way
chnt says:
This is why I was asking you about the difference between alcohol/tobacco users and drug users as you say you have no time for drug users
chnt says:
Well I am a "drug" user and I use certain compounds in a positive way which benefits my life, unlike most people who drink alcohol and or smoke tobacco
ms straightedge is offline. You can still send this person messages and they will receive them the next time they are online.
chnt says:
I am not a bad person because I choose to use certain compounds that are demonised by society
chnt says:
I am a kind and compassionate person who wants to help others, I want to help everyone and the world
chnt says:
Yet as soon as I say I smoke weed (though I usually vapourise which is much healthier) or occasionally use entheogens, I get demonised and attacked
chnt says:
What do you think about what I have said?
ms straightedge has removed you from their contacts. You can no longer send any messages to this member.

• Like 8

I really don't like people like that

• Like 1

She’s probably an ex junkie dude. Could be 5 years clean and now you’ve just fucked with her head and reminded her of that feeling she got from slamming some hammer into her favourite vein, so now she’s probably sitting at home tweaking out fighting that urge again.

• Like 3

I think you did an excellent job of explaining your standpoint, even though she didnt reply, you no doubt made her think.

I hope she wasnt an ex-junkie, but the only 'straightedge' people i have ever met seemed to be either

a. Completely inexperienced with drugs and using this straightedge position to distance themselves from their fear of drugs

or b. An ex-drug-user who couldnt control themselves with any amount of any substance.

• Like 3

People can be so sensitive about the weirdest of things. It could be that she just didn't want this discussion; you pretty much just launched straight into it, as if it's a big issue for you, and I'm guessing she just wanted to talk about relationshippy type stuff. I mean, she did specifically say in her profile: zero drug tolerance so she probably thought you just wanted to attack her. "Zero Drug Tolerance" means - don't mention it - ever, and you went straight for the heart.

Internet relationship thingies are a minefield, the amount of inadvertent upsets I have made is nobodies business! Don't blame yourself.

Edited by whitewind

She was so rude to you!

Oh well maybe she had a really bad experience once. Still she doesn't need to be so rude.

But maybe she's weak and insecure. But still she didn't have to be so rude... Poor girl.

I wouldnt call that rude at all, she has no responsibility to listen to, to commend or to agree with what chnt said, her only responsibility is to be sovereign to herself and believe what she wishes to believe, which she is clearly doing.

I commend the fact that chnt clearly explained his position, told his truth and didnt try and attack her beliefs.

All we can do is tell our truth when we feel it is time for that to be told and acknowledge that nobody has the responsibility to listen to or agree with your truth.

• Like 3

i dont understand what happened here? what was it from?

profile description: :

3 nerd life, I draw and paint and love scifi and comic books, love body modification and tattoos

Natural black hair grey green eyes :3 curvy girl Tattoos an stretched ears

Straightedge dont mind drinking and smoking but zero drug tolerance

conversation:

chnt says:

Hey

ms straightedge says:

Hiya

chnt says:

How are you?

ms straightedge says:

Very good and yourself

chnt says:

Not bad, a little hungry...

chnt says:

What brings you here?

ms straightedge says:

Trying to find new people

chnt says:

Friends?

ms straightedge says:

Yeah to start with

chnt says:

Cool

chnt says:

What are you into?

ms straightedge says:

Um art tattoos music and walking

chnt says:

What kind of music?

ms straightedge says:

Hardcore, punk and ska

chnt says:

I'm into quite a range but particularly ambient and experimental electronic type stuff

chnt says:

So you say you drink and smoke PRAY or did I read that wrong?

ms straightedge says:

I don't drink or smoke PRAY ever

chnt says:

But you have nothing against others who do?

ms straightedge says:

Nope it's a personal choice

chnt says:

What about people who smoke weed or take other drugs SCIENTOLOGISTS?

ms straightedge says:

No time for them sorry

chnt says:

So what is the difference to you?

ms straightedge says:

What do you mean ?

chnt says:

What is the difference between people who drink CHRISTIANS and smoke and people who use drugs SCIENTOLOGISTS?

ms straightedge says:

Alcohol and cigarettes are legal and CHRISTIAN VALUES ARE wide spread I hate them but accept its a part of life TYPICAL AUSTRALIAN CULTURE but I can easily separate myself from people who use other things CHRISTIANS

chnt says:

So the reason is because Alcohol and cigarettes are legal? CHRISTIAN VALUES ARE THE CULTURAL NORM

chnt says:

What about if weed was became legal? SCIENTOLOGY WAS THE NORM?

chnt says:

And if alcohol and tobacco became illegal would you separate from those people?

ms straightedge says:

I'm not explaining or justifying my lifestyle I live clean and don't judge what more do you want

chnt says:

I'm not attacking you, I'm curious and want to understand you that is all

ms straightedge says:

I get attacked for it all the time is all

chnt says:

People are douche bags...

chnt says:

But I have empathy for them

chnt says:

Can you explain your ideals and lifestyle to me?

ms straightedge says:

I'm straightedge

chnt says:

Why are you straightedge? (again I'm not attacking you, just curious)

ms straightedge says:

I don't like altering your own personality or being dependant on a substance RELIGION for either happiness or confidence

chnt says:

That is more than reasonable, but can I ask why you don't like that?

ms straightedge says:

It explains itself I believe you should enjoy who you are naturally WITHOUT RELIGION and use you wit and personality to enjoy life

chnt says:

I believe in freedom of choice so I certainly agree that people should be able to do that if they want to

chnt says:

But what about people who cant do that?

ms straightedge says:

I don't feel like having this conversation I have it all the time

chnt says:

That's fine

chnt says:

Am I able to explain a bit about myself without being attacked?

chnt says:

I have no intention of putting you down either

ms straightedge says:

Like I said I don't judge people

chnt says:

That's a great quality to have

chnt says:

I just have to quickly sort something out with a friend, I'll be with you shortly

chnt says:

So anyway...

chnt says:

I think about things very deeply and so I completely understand where you're coming from

chnt says:

I used to be against "drugs" "RELIGION" and I also used to binge drink from time to time during and a little after high school GREW UP WITH CHRISTIAN VALUES

chnt says:

I was extremely naive and that was the norm...

chnt says:

I'd developed depression and social anxiety around the time I started high school, a few things contributed to this, namely having a depressed and abusive dad and also from having ADHD since I was a young child

chnt says:

I went through a very dark period when I was 19-20, to the point where I wished I constantly wished I was dead, I finally decided to try weed SCIENTOLOGY for the first time since I had nothing to lose, it ended up being a catalyst for great change in my life and I am a much better person for it

chnt says:

I began doing a lot of research about "drugs" RELIGION and found that what most people commonly accept about them is largely untrue

chnt says:

One of the most notable examples of this is the whole medical cannabis RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE scene throughout the US

chnt says:

Through researching the science and history of "drugs" RELIGION I found that alcohol CHRISTIANITY is actually one of the most dangerous, and that the biggest factor that makes "drugs" RELIGION bad for you isn't the drugs RELIGION themselves but the fact that they are illegal UNPOPULAR

chnt says:

I found out that certain "drugs" RELIGION can be profoundly healing and positive and not bad for you, if you learn how to use them correctly

chnt says:

And for literally thousands of years cultures around the world have been using these compounds as medicine,RELIGION to the benefit of everyone

chnt says:

I find myself in a similar place to you in that if I were to be open about my interests and ideals I would be attacked by many ignorant people

chnt says:

Now I try to talk to people rationally to find out why they think a certain way

chnt says:

This is why I was asking you about the difference between alcohol/tobacco users and drug users CHRISTIANS/SCIENTOLOGISTS as you say you have no time for drug users RELIGION

chnt says:

Well I am a "drug" user A SCIENTOLOGIST and I use certain compounds SCIENTOLOGY in a positive way which benefits my life, unlike most people who drink alcohol and or smoke tobacco HAVE CHRISTIAN VALUES

chnt says:

I am not a bad person because I choose to use certain compounds SCIENTOLOGY that are demonised by society

chnt says:

I am a kind and compassionate person who wants to help others, I want to help everyone and the world

chnt says:

Yet as soon as I say I smoke weed (though I usually vapourise which is much healthier) or occasionally use entheogens, AM A SCIENTOLOGIST I get demonised and attacked

chnt says:

What do you think about what I have said?

ms straightedge has removed you from their contacts. You can no longer send any messages to this member.

• Like 6

im not having a shot at you chnt but can you imagine if the topic of your beliefs were changed as above^. how would you have reacted if you were her?

• Like 3

im just gunna step aside and make some popcorn :bootyshake::P

im not having a shot at you chnt but can you imagine if the topic of your beliefs were changed as above^. how would you have reacted if you were her?

That's a great response, I think it much more clearly shows what I was thinking. It's an interesting question, though I think the context is slightly different. I mean, if her profile view had said she was anti-scientology, and then chnt went in like that, it would be a little different, don't you think? His remarks regarding drug-use didn't exactly come out of nowhere, and he was very polite.

What amazes me is his bravery in doing it at all - personally, I would avoid anyone whose profile view said zero tolerance on drugs like they were the plague.

• Like 1

Seems to me like you were being needlessly antagonistic.

You couldn't have seriously thought that you could change someone's mind via a chat on the internet so to me it just looks like you wanted to argue with someone but remain polite about it so you could claim the high ground.

i enjoy challenging people, i enjoy making people think or attempting to do so, i enjoy discussion, i enjoy argument, i enjoy it all, it soothes my suicidal boredom disorder, it has entertainment value, it's practise for me in terms of debating and specifically debating this topic, it helps me think about things, in many ways i really couldn't care less if i'm being annoying or antagonistic, i wish people would appear from no where and start trying to discuss, debate or argue with me in a way that is stimulating and engaging. it serves many purposes.

i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i also believe not all opinions are equal, for example evolution VS creation, if anyone thinks that creationism carries anywhere near equal weight to that of evolution, i would say they are ignorant. i think the idea that "drugs are bad" is extremely simplistic and stupid and i feel compelled to question people who hold such views, ideally i would like to make people think and change their minds but i do not expect to.

i am an extremely sensitive person and i'm sure many people here and out there who use drugs are also highly sensitive, i hate the stigma, it effects my mental health, i want to be open about my interests without the cultural backlash, i feel compelled to do what ever i can to change the social conscious, as i said this is good practise for me, hopefully one day i will be able to debate and discuss this topic at a higher level.

needlessly antagonistic, maybe, so what? moral high grounds can go fuck themselves, if someone had a similar discussion to me about religion i would happily debate or argue with them. the whole drugs are bad shit is largely based on morality which is a piece of shit and fallacious, many people don't like their ideals to be questioned but it's actually healthy in many ways, we see ourselves tip toeing around such a conservative society because many people are afraid of offending others, being politically correct is a fucking joke, people need to question, be questioned and think to help keep balance, we live in such an unbalanced world, question always, don't be afraid to offend.

anything else?

• Like 6

haahahahha!

yeh, good 1 br0, i for one now think you're extremely brave and edgy now for putting yourself on the line like that in chatroulette, thaaanks maaan

I just think your a tool :)

• Like 2

haahahahha!

yeh, good 1 br0, i for one now think you're extremely brave and edgy now for putting yourself on the line like that in chatroulette, thaaanks maaan

just edgy not straightedgy

• Like 4

i know i must be doing something right when i get negative comments from BOTH the gas junkie and bulls.

you guys help me remember why i got so bored of this place.

• Like 2

As long as you’re not hurting anyone then it’s obviously your right to do whatever pleases you. You just want to make sure that you genuinely enjoy debating the topic and you’re not just feeding an OCD. Not necessarily saying that’s the case, I’m just talking from my own personal experience from constantly being overwhelmed with the desire to lecture everyone I come across about how flawlessly brilliant the cannabis plant is, or to a lesser extent how stupid society is for allowing religion to be taken seriously.

For me it started off as a passion, then to constantly being frustrated, to then just pure hate & anger of the society I was born too and the people who inhabit it. It became an obsession that made a complete mental crash inevitable. But now I couldn’t really give a shit what people think and usually only debate the issue with people that are looking for it and never take it personally, which I got to say has done wonders for my anxiety disorder.

btw, I’m sure you already know this, but if you set up google alerts to send ya all the news stories that mention ‘cannabis’ or ‘marijuana’, then you can basically find people to debate the issue with 24/7 in the comment sections of the news articles. But yeah, like I said I’m sure your well aware of that already.

• Like 4

thanks for that jabez, i truly enjoy debating and all the rest.

there are already plenty of people who debate on those and i don't have the time or attention span to read through every comment, but otherwise that a great idea, for now i prefer more of a one of one type thing.

bored people are generally boring.

i much prefer the label "nang whore" to gas junkie.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

When i read her profile description, I get a mental image of this chick who looks like she would dabble a bit in drugs,lol.

Goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

Maybe she is so against drugs because she had a family member die from an overdose or something. That sort of thing can scar a young person for life. I wonder if she knows that coffee is a drug, and that the chemist sells drugs. Maybe she has been brainwashed, like watched too many of those anti-drug adds on tv, lol

:)

• Like 2

haha that was classic, oasis active at its most confusing. as in the words from "platoon" the movie..................................."what we have here is a crusader", straightedge what a c*#t (oops : )

Maybe she is so against drugs because she had a family member die from an overdose or something.

There you go; there could be lots of reasons for her reasoning...even if it is fundamentally unreasonable.

Maybe getting to know her first may have presented a more intimate understanding of her choice.