The Corroboree
santiago

The best feeling's in the world - Everyday feeling's : )

Sometimes the negativity of the world can encroach on our lives. When this happens we forget the little things. I sometimes get upset and feel sorry for myself. Yet the world has a funny way of reminding us that via simple things life can be remarkable too.

What simple things make you feel human, for example doing a gigantic POO. Being afraid to VOMIT and then once past the first heave wanting to do more. BLOWING in someones mouth. Watching a girl SQUIRT for the first time. Getting a SHIVER when deep down you feel like you have discovered something. A THUNDER storm. The birth of your first CHILD.

I highlight the aspects in CAPITALS just to accentuate the feeling not to shout, but shout if you like.

For me personally two things today that give me the best natural feelings are.....

That first STRETCH in the morning. Like a cat does. Where your body kind of half voluntary/unvoluntary releases all the constriction and inertness of the nights sleep. OMG that feels great, feels almost like your going to break and your face makes a funny expression too and if yourlike me you probably go ummmmmgrrrrmmmmuuuaaa.

I also like being hungry and that first swallow of food. And mainly on that first bite and swallow you can actually feel the food sliding down your throat and pipe to your stomach, it takes on a whole satisfaction of its own....unlike when just eating out of habit. You can actually feel it sliding down all the way.

What about you.........?

• Like 2

the first warm days of spring after a cold winter

• Like 1

Having a long warm shower and putting on trakky daks after being out in the rain.

• Like 3

Walking my dog every morning. Forces me to notice just how much he enjoys absolutely everything and what a beautiful place I live in

• Like 2

the zen state that comes after overcoming "the fear"

• Like 2

The lifting feeling you get when driving over the top of a steep hill (especially if it catches you by surprise)

• Like 2

Sunrises and sunsets. Such beauty is like a defrag for the brain. Sometimes I tear up.

• Like 1

I am blessed to have what is now termed ASMR. When I was a kid my parents freaked out cos they thought I had a brain tumour or something else wrong with me, but in fact I was just getting MDMA-like tingles for as long as I can remember [at least back to age 5]. How fucking cool is that?! Free E! As a kid! No wonder I grew up a raver ;)

I quickly learned not to talk about it cos most people don't have it and it is really hard to explain especially if you've never had drugs before. And everyone just assumes there is something wrong. Had several docs doing all sorts of tests, but they couldn't find anything. My parents even banned me from wearing headbands and hats of any type because I once explained it as 'lots of thin bands constricting lightly around my head in a pleasurable way'. So I just didn't tell anyone anymore and pretended it stopped by age 8 or so. But I REALLY REALLY love the feeling and when I get right into an episode I can be completely oblivious to what's going on around me. That got me labeled as a bit weird cos one of my teachers had the type of voice that sets it off for me, so I'd stare into space, his voice reverberating in my head, my head itself being somewhere in outer space, and all he was actually doing was yelling at me for not paying attention, LOL.

So when ASMR was being discussed and named online a few years ago it was the first time I'd ever known that other people get it.

So yeah, for me ASMR is the best feeling. It makes me feel completely blissed out and connected to everything, while in a completely safe space. It even beats orgasms hands down, but is easier to come by so that's probably a bad comparison. It's also mutually exclusive with sexual feelings in my case.

I can trigger it on most days if I want to, but it feels better if it isn't forced and just catches me by surprise. Some people hate that because of the lack of control. I can switch it off anytime I need to so that's not a problem. But the choice to do so is really hard in most instances ;)

When I was teen and preteen I would also get momentary macropsia [Alice in wonderland syndrome] as part of the ASMR, especially at really peak episodes. This used to frighten me as a little kid. The images I would get would stay with me for days or weeks and could be quite upsetting. eg my favourite teddy once got gigantic and then fell over [towards me], which made me lose the plot. I carried on about the giant monster teddy falling on me crushing me. To me it made sense, but mum just thought I was having another tantrum, LOL. Despite my descripton of the effects my docs never diagnosed macropsia or understood what I was going through. Like I said, I learnt not to talk about it. Even now I rarely mention it. I think I've only ever mentioned it once on these forums. The whole ASMR thing with all its side effects is a very personal and intimate thing.

But wow, It's wonderful to have it. Every time it happens I am amazed how lucky I am.

I also think it has shaped my life and character. I get it a lot when people do simple unexpected nice things of particular depth for me. Not right away, but when I think about those things later that day at a calm moment I suddenly get the wave. This imprinted on me just how important these things are and even though others don't get the sensation, I tend to do a lot of it just automatically. Weird thing is that if one of these acts of kindness triggers a really strong wave and keeps it going for a while, the memory of that act can keep triggering ASMR for years later and gets imprinted really heavily. I still have particular [otherwise irrelevant] memories from every portion of my life that I can call on for triggers.

http://anti-valentin...es.com/hub/ASMR

http://www.asmr-research.org/

• Like 4

Torsten sounds pretty interesting, im not sure if I have the same thing, but I get pretty relaxed when I hear certain types of sounds, such as pages flipping, typing on the keyboard, cars driving around a blocks distance away with the subwoofer pumping or when people are working nearby, still not sure what it is exactly apart from cerebral euphoria and relaxation.

Pine forests and lush green rainforests are a breath of fresh air, it also gives me a visual reset from seeing cars, roads, buildings almost on a daily basis.

I am blessed to have what is now termed ASMR. When I was a kid my parents freaked out cos they thought I had a brain tumour or something else wrong with me, but in fact I was just getting MDMA-like tingles for as long as I can remember [at least back to age 5]. How fucking cool is that?! Free E! As a kid! No wonder I grew up a raver ;)

I quickly learned not to talk about it cos most people don't have it and it is really hard to explain especially if you've never had drugs before. And everyone just assumes there is something wrong. Had several docs doing all sorts of tests, but they couldn't find anything. My parents even banned me from wearing headbands and hats of any type because I once explained it as 'lots of thin bands constricting lightly around my head in a pleasurable way'. So I just didn't tell anyone anymore and pretended it stopped by age 8 or so. But I REALLY REALLY love the feeling and when I get right into an episode I can be completely oblivious to what's going on around me. That got me labeled as a bit weird cos one of my teachers had the type of voice that sets it off for me, so I'd stare into space, his voice reverberating in my head, my head itself being somewhere in outer space, and all he was actually doing was yelling at me for not paying attention, LOL.

So when ASMR was being discussed and named online a few years ago it was the first time I'd ever known that other people get it.

So yeah, for me ASMR is the best feeling. It makes me feel completely blissed out and connected to everything, while in a completely safe space. It even beats orgasms hands down, but is easier to come by so that's probably a bad comparison. It's also mutually exclusive with sexual feelings in my case.

I can trigger it on most days if I want to, but it feels better if it isn't forced and just catches me by surprise. Some people hate that because of the lack of control. I can switch it off anytime I need to so that's not a problem. But the choice to do so is really hard in most instances ;)

When I was teen and preteen I would also get momentary macropsia [Alice in wonderland syndrome] as part of the ASMR, especially at really peak episodes. This used to frighten me as a little kid. The images I would get would stay with me for days or weeks and could be quite upsetting. eg my favourite teddy once got gigantic and then fell over [towards me], which made me lose the plot. I carried on about the giant monster teddy falling on me crushing me. To me it made sense, but mum just thought I was having another tantrum, LOL. Despite my descripton of the effects my docs never diagnosed macropsia or understood what I was going through. Like I said, I learnt not to talk about it. Even now I rarely mention it. I think I've only ever mentioned it once on these forums. The whole ASMR thing with all its side effects is a very personal and intimate thing.

But wow, It's wonderful to have it. Every time it happens I am amazed how lucky I am.

I also think it has shaped my life and character. I get it a lot when people do simple unexpected nice things of particular depth for me. Not right away, but when I think about those things later that day at a calm moment I suddenly get the wave. This imprinted on me just how important these things are and even though others don't get the sensation, I tend to do a lot of it just automatically. Weird thing is that if one of these acts of kindness triggers a really strong wave and keeps it going for a while, the memory of that act can keep triggering ASMR for years later and gets imprinted really heavily. I still have particular [otherwise irrelevant] memories from every portion of my life that I can call on for triggers.

http://anti-valentin...es.com/hub/ASMR

http://www.asmr-research.org/

that's the fuckedest thing i ever heard. i'm torn between wonderment that some humans can experience head tingles easily without drugs, and resentment because i don't.

been getting lots of good feelings but i don't feel like talking about them in light of torsten's ridiculous claims.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Hmm thats indeed incredible T, you are a lucky man.

I doubt it would be the

same thing but I sometimes experience pleasurable tingles which begin in my head or my neck and spread in over-lapping waves down my body. Usually happens at the end of a really good movie or after reading or talking to someone about optimistic, warm and loving things.

Much of my daily happiness is derived from my cat. I am always singing to her and about her and I can wind myself into mild hysterics playing with her in the garden when we are both in silly moods.

Being out in nature in the ultimate remedy for all my foul moods. Time to unwind and be yourself without worrying about all those pesky humans.

Although I also, I really like it when you meet eyes with a stranger and both break into a huge grin. That gives my mood a huge boost when it happens.

And little kids. Just seeing them doing their thing, the stuff they say, the bemused looks on their little faces.

The most amazing feeling for me in the large spectrum of possible feelings is that feeling of discovery/seeing a higher order, quite humbling indeed.

You are one lucky duckling T!

Thunderideal - LOL. Some people see ASMR as a curse. It's interesting how some of the online groups have turned into self help groups as if this was something bad. And yeah, it's like getting free drugs :P

Bogfrog - that sounds very much like it. You should look into it a bit more online. There is finally a bit of research happening into it as there is virtually nothing known about it. would be cool to know someone locally to compare notes with.

sharing is caring torsten

When I hear a 'truth' - it doesn't matter what it seems to be, but if it's deep and inately a natural truth, i get goose bumps all over me, and they run from my head down my spine and radiate out my arms and legs. When it happens i can keep it going, like waves and pulses - it feels awesome. I can kinda do it by myself if i think the right things - but its nothing like when someones talking to me and they say 'X' and whooomp, i'm covered in tingles. I use it as a truth guage more so than a pleasure item though - but now that I think about it, the next itme it happens, i'll see how long and deep i can get it to go - I usually stop because it gets insanely overriding.

• Like 1

music does it for me, but only sublime/angelic music, some drones but especially choral/liturgical music, Rachmaninoff vespers and the like. i know that's not the same but i wanted to join in anyway,

When I hear a 'truth' - it doesn't matter what it seems to be, but if it's deep and innately a natural truth, i get goose bumps all over me

haha, me too, and tears well up in my eyes B)

*wipes tear from eye*

so.....so beautiful

• Like 1

The feeling you get when your child runs at you at fast as they can with a huge smile on their face, and leap into a big hug!

And the feeling I get from my son telling me he loves me..

• Like 4

Ditto. When I first see my girl when I pick her up for the holidays. Like an MDMA rush times a kazillion. When she tells me I'm her best friend :)

The feeling of bliss when I get home knackersd from work, finishing a hot shower and climbing into bed anticipating the deepest warmest sleep and pondering what dreAm I may have.

Also my mummy's hugs. I absolutely adore that warm, kindly woman. I don't think I've ever been happier than when my mum gives me a huge hug, nothing quiteike it, so safe and secure. If I could I'd just tunnel my way back into that womb.

Clothes straight out of the clothes-drier on a cold day was pretty awesome when I was a micro-xeno.

• Like 1

flanalette sheets, spooning a loved one, flesh on flesh, winter time, full belly, drifting off to sleep, raining on tin roof, no alarm set

• Like 3