The Corroboree
Rabaelthazar

I wish I had a time machine...

... because I really really dig chicks from the 70s.

What would you use a time machine for?

Yeah, I dig peasant chicks too.

• Like 5

i'd check out the future, and if it was too bleak i'd search for whenever was the least bleak.

Rabaelthazar: I'm seeing a pattern in your time exploration motives.

I'd go back to today, at 10:03pm, a minute before this thread started and post exactly the same thing, just to fuck with your head. :lol:

• Like 4

Hang on, I think you're already fucking with my head. I saw you had a thread deleted, maybe your 10:03 post was as well.

I'd also love to go back to 1695 with an ipod and portable speakers and play a young Johann Sebastian Bach music that he composed toward the end of his life, just to confuse the space time continuum. Then for kicks, lay a little psytrance on him.

The only downside to that trip is that I don;t imagine the girls of 1695 would smell that great and would probably take a fair amount of courting before I could get a glimpse of an ankle. Even if I invested the time, at the point when we got back to her parlour, I don't think I'd be able to figure out the corset. Then her father would challenge me to a duel, I'd win due to the knowledge I've acquired from watching Jackie Chan movies and then who knows how much the butterfly effect would come in to play?

Gotta be careful with this time travel stuff.

• Like 1

i'd go to the time before the big bang, just so i could prove all everyone wrong.....

I'd also love to go back to 1695 with an ipod and portable speakers and play a young Johann Sebastian Bach music that he composed toward the end of his life, just to confuse the space time continuum. Then for kicks, lay a little psytrance on him.

The only downside to that trip is that I don;t imagine the girls of 1695 would smell that great and would probably take a fair amount of courting before I could get a glimpse of an ankle. Even if I invested the time, at the point when we got back to her parlour, I don't think I'd be able to figure out the corset. Then her father would challenge me to a duel, I'd win due to the knowledge I've acquired from watching Jackie Chan movies and then who knows how much the butterfly effect would come in to play?

Gotta be careful with this time travel stuff.

you make me understand you better here Rab :)

i like seventies bush too.big afro mamas teaching me things that i thought i knew!

thanks Rabakthazar

^+1 for the rab

keep reminding us of the future now

travellingetps. edit-i'd use a time machine to look sexier than elvis

Edited by etherealdrifter

i'd go to the time before the big bang, just so i could prove all everyone wrong.....

Interesting. Wear protective goggles.

Rab I think the girls of that era were a lot less demure than you believe. Besides, that kind of shyness would be reserved for the nobility, preserving the bloodlines and all that. Peasants can fuck around in the muck as much as they like :)

• Like 1

i like seventies bush too.big afro mamas teaching me things that i thought i knew!

He he... you're on the money.

I'd go back to when George Bush snr was a single man, then kick him square in the goolies, thus sterilising him permanantly.

• Like 2

i'd go back in time and kill my grandfather.

Wow. Intense thread.

I have no time machine and therefore can't change any past occurences so I guess I'll just have to live with all my shit mistakes

*cue doom music*

• Like 1

I'd probably catch a couple of gigs, y'know, Woodstock, Isle of Wight, Hendrix, Iggy, Miles Davis, floyd, Nick Drake, Led Zep, clash, Refused etc etc

It'd be good to see herds of bison, a dodo, a quagga, dinosaurs.

This time machine moves in space as well as time right? South America here I come.

Bring back advanced green energy tech, or an antidote to hate and war

And spread some seed through time.

• Like 1

I would do lots of stuff.

but three main things would be to go back to my 20's and

1: educate myself differently.

2: sleep with more people.

3: take less drugs.

the other minor things would be quill says, see bands etc.

i would go back 400-500 years to live with the indigenous aboriginals ( but then again after seeing the butterfly effect im not so sure )

Why aboriginals (I'm assuming Australian aboriginals, as the term is used worldwide) and not another native group tipz, like indiginous tribes of the Amazon (would definitely be interesting).

I think I'd try to stop the Catholic church from gaining so much power, prevent them from destroying so much knowledge and the rise of the dark ages. Society of today would be so far further forward if we didn't have 400 years of zero science.

Lots of things to do with a time machine really.

Society of today would be so far further forward if we didn't have 400 years of zero science.

Really? Even our relatively short 150 years of the dominance of science hasn't exactly been happiness and lollipops. And one needn't even go as far as listing the A-bomb and an international dependence on coal and oil based machinery to see trouble. Even science's noblest achievements, like antibiotics and immunisation, aren't exactly helping keep the population of the world's most self-destructive species down to healthy and sustainable numbers...

Well, the beauty of a time machine is that if I'm wrong I can always go back and rectify my errors. That may or may not cause the entirety of the universe to collapse in on itself, but there's really only one way to find out.

And I was speaking of our society, not the benefit of the planet. I think that with those centuries of learning under our belts by this time we'd have progressed to the point of renewable energy and hopefully with the reduction of religion and religious fanatacism, a reduction in war as well.

Why aboriginals (I'm assuming Australian aboriginals, as the term is used worldwide) and not another native group tipz, like indiginous tribes of the Amazon (would definitely be interesting).

Why? Well, why not?

I'm sure all ancient indigenous societies are equally as interesting as each other, and @Tipz *high five* :lol:

If I had another chance at a time machine I'd probably go back to when I read *view new posts* this afternoon and just ignore all prejudicial commentary. :crux:

I think I'd try to stop the Catholic church from gaining so much power, prevent them from destroying so much knowledge and the rise of the dark ages. Society of today would be so far further forward if we didn't have 400 years of zero science.

Lots of things to do with a time machine really.

yes i did mean aboriginals , im fascinated by their culture and the dreamtime and i love the land we call Australia ! I would love to have been a part of that ( as one of them - not in my current form )

but at the same time any indigenous spiritually advanced tribe would suffice. I dont know if i would be game enough to step inside and hit the button though ;)

(edit) thanks meeka *high fives back*

Edited by tipz

- Watch the grassy knoll and find out once and for all.

- Flamethrower Hitler, for kicks.

- Invent calculus first.

- Were Neanderthal women good in bed? - let's find out.

- Ride an apatosaurus, and then a pterodactyl.

- Witness the birth of life (with a microscope probably).

• Like 1