The Corroboree
san p

old aussie movies

the scene from 'the man from snowy river' where the guy rides that horse down the almost vertical mountain side, was performed by an old bloke from my town. He told em to make sure their cameras where working properly as he was only going to do the scene once.

Madmax 2 has to be one of my favourite movies of all time, the feral boy who has the boomerang, comes from a town half hour from here. Awesome movie IMO.

Razorback brings back memories lol, man i used to lust over the chick in that movie, was sexy as!

Madmax 2 was filmed around here

they were about to start on the new mad max movie but it has been put off because of the rain, the country is just too green

Has anyone mentioned Running on Empty tho i think it may have been early 80s, Puberty Blues was another classic ahead of its time

Edited by mac

Welcome to woop woop. Man that's sum fucked up movie!

alvin purple

the year my voice broke

picnic at hanging rock

dogs in space

tim

storm boy

malcolm

watched dogs in space last night,it was awesome! :worship:

'Stone" was also quite insightful.

stone as been mentioned is a classic i always think of the funeral service, SATAN!!!

_ velvet siren - great movie eh:)

what about nick cave's 'the proposition'

also 'angel baby' with jaqueline mcKenzie. real tear jerka

• Like 1

'Stone" was also quite insightful.

It was? I guess I missed something. :P

what about nick cave's 'the proposition'

Nick Cave wrote and composed it, but John Hillcoat directed it. And although it's definitely awesome, it's not exactly an old film.

also 'angel baby' with jaqueline mcKenzie. real tear jerka

I haven't seen that film in ages. I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere. Cheers.

watched dogs in space last night,it was awesome! :worship:

I'll have to track these ones down as well. Thanks fellas. :)

I don't know if any of these are what you're after, san p, but they're still worth a watch IMO.

Blackrock (1997)

Dead Heart (1996)

Heaven's Burning (1997)

Idiot Box (1996)

Kiss or Kill (1997)

Metal Skin (1994)

Milo and Otis (1986)

Pure Shit (1975)

Proof (1991)

Reckless Kelly (1993)

Roadgames (1981)

The Boys (1998)

The Gods Must Be Crazy (1981)

The Quiet Room (1996)

True Love and Chaos (1997)

I really have to put my hand up too for 'Hercules Returns': thoroughly recommended folks, if you haven't seen it. I pissed myself laughing the first time I saw it - well, maybe not, but my head did hurt afterward from laughing.

Also, I don't think that anyone has yet mentioned the D-grade movie 'The Cars That Ate Paris'.

Edited by WoodDragon

lol

@synchro - thanks for your corrections

p.s the 'insightful' comment was actually me misquoting Thunderideal post#4. Sorry TI.

Yeah, 'Stone' is crappy but nevertheless, a seminal piece of Oz film making - in that it provided a snapshot of an emerging counter-culture movement from the 1970's.

It was just one of many Oz films that afforded us an 'insight' into the growing number of disenfranchised Australians that needed an outlet for their self-expression.

Thats all ..............man

One of the great things about Australian film's is that they can sometimes capture the essence of their intended message without necessarily relying on squillions of bucks worth of special effects.

Long live the Grave Diggers .............man

:)

I don't know if any of these are what you're after, san p, but they're still worth a watch IMO.

Blackrock (1997)

Dead Heart (1996)

Heaven's Burning (1997)

Idiot Box (1996)

Kiss or Kill (1997)

Metal Skin (1994)

Milo and Otis (1986)

Pure Shit (1975)

Proof (1991)

Reckless Kelly (1993)

Roadgames (1981)

The Boys (1998)

The Gods Must Be Crazy (1981)

The Quiet Room (1996)

True Love and Chaos (1997)

are those really all aussie filims?

yeah, hercules returns was great when i was a kid and even better afterwards.

No, they're Spanish. :P

etherealdrifter - That I agree with. :wink:

Absolutely. I thought that I had already posted it here, but it turns out I have only posted it in the documentary thread. Besides Roadgames and The Man From Hong Kong, I haven't listed any of the other great movies which the doco mentions.

Dead-End Drive In; 1986

Ozploitation/Aussie new wave, dystopian future

some superficial similarities to mad max, very aussie, and generally brilliant/hilarious (maybe erring towards b-grade...)

Don's Party as mentioned above is also classic, ah Razorback is pretty awesome too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_films#1980s

This list is supposed to be "notable" films of the 1980's so I don't know what Houseboat Horror(1989) is doing on there. Must be because it was the biggest pile of shit ever made. Houseboat horror indeed!

Backroads(1978) is another oldy I've been thinking about since Bill Hunter died recently. Must have been one of his 1st major roles. Phillip Noyce’s first feature is an existentialist road movie that has at its core the relationship between an Aboriginal and a white Australian drifter.

http://www.cinephilia.net.au/show_amovie.php?movieid=2410

Edited by strangebrew