The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
naja naja

Yet another new W.A. street drug

O.K. It's on TT tonight. New street drug, even though they did articles on this in the Westaustralian newspaper over a year ago now.

Sensationalist ad's for tonight, New W.A. street drug that u can pick Amphetamines straight off the tree and sum guy saying it would be worrying if they started to refine it and sell it.

Firstly, it is obviously Catha edulis they are talking about, I am sure the councils will start ripping out their street tree's. Ascot racecourse already has!

On this sensationalist hype, we better actually make sure u can xtract it and that they are not lying to us as the news people never lie, but always tell me the truth.

How o how to stop the degredation and end up with a street drug? Is it even possible without sum fancy ass chistry like teks like, ummm?

:P :P

I saw this comming. Not Catha but something exactly like this. Just a few days ago Rudd blatantly lied to the country to defend an australian allies campaign of mass murder and ethnic cleansing, now insert a few conveniently timed hype stories to distract people before they realize Rudd lied about the gaza massacre being done in self defence (for those that werent paying attention: israel illegally attacked palestine first, breaking the cease fire, hamas begged them to re-establish the cease fire, israels attack continued, and thats when hamas fired a couple rockets, israels terrorist bombings of palestinian schools, universities, and hospitals ensued). When the palestinian death toll passes 1000 (around wednesday or thursday) expect hyped up stories on pedophiles that were busted last month and pharmaceutical companies asking for financial bailouts, maby throw in a little global warming and a US celebrity dumping her boyfriend.

I saw this comming. Not Catha but something exactly like this. Just a few days ago Rudd blatantly lied to the country to defend an australian allies campaign of mass murder and ethnic cleansing, now insert a few conveniently timed hype stories to distract people before they realize Rudd lied about the gaza massacre being done in self defence (for those that werent paying attention: israel illegally attacked palestine first, breaking the cease fire, hamas begged them to re-establish the cease fire, israels attack continued, and thats when hamas fired a couple rockets, israels terrorist bombings of palestinian schools, universities, and hospitals ensued). When the palestinian death toll passes 1000 (around wednesday or thursday) expect hyped up stories on pedophiles that were busted last month and pharmaceutical companies asking for financial bailouts, maby throw in a little global warming and a US celebrity dumping her boyfriend.

awesome post!!

.street drug with some of the somalian refugees maybe. but is ther really that many people growing/using khat? and isnt it about as potent as a good cup of coffee? WTF

how about the real street drugs, petrol huffing, aborignal populations living in third world conditions???

Ignorance is bliss.

I wonder what goes through the minds of these 'Journalists' as they go about their jobs? Not much i'd say.

And Naja, shame on you for watching TT, my doctor says if i watch it one more time i'm going to die from a heart attack.

cheers

Pretty pointless exercise as extracting Cathinone is pretty useless as its completely unstable and degrades immediately to Cathine. Is that true they ripped out trees at Ascot racecourse...? LMAO at that...I bet the jockeys are pissed off as it was probably one of the Ethno's they used to keep their weight down via loss of appetite. Speaking of which why isn't it being marketed and sold as just that for people with obesity...same as Cannabis could easily be used for those with eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa.

Yet another silly silly bit of hyper distraction by the ladies and gentlemen we elect into office...when are we gonna see generation X'ers in office so we can see some changes..seems like we still have Ma and Pa Kettles in the big buildings with chesterfield chairs.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

same as Cannabis could easily be used for those with eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa.

Shit man. I reckon if I was anorexic, pot would just make me more paranoid about how fat I was.

Shit man. I reckon if I was anorexic, pot would just make me more paranoid about how fat I was.

LOL...touche`

H.

Rudd lied about the gaza massacre being done in self defence (for those that werent paying attention: israel illegally attacked palestine first, breaking the cease fire, hamas begged them to re-establish the cease fire, israels attack continued, and thats when hamas fired a couple rockets, israels terrorist bombings of palestinian schools, universities, and hospitals ensued)

I know a few months back Israel ignored the ceasefire and went in to blow up a tunnel or something, but what do you mean by "israels attack continued" after this? I thought both Israel and Hamas claimed to still want the ceasefire after this, and then it lapsed last month?

Also, "that's when hamas fired a couple of rockets" is a fairly distorted way of putting it, as far as I have read they had already been firing thousands of rockets throughout the period of the ceasefire in 2008?

I AM NOT saying this justifies Israel's attack and invasion of Gaza, I don't think it does, but putting it in that way seems to me a pretty unfair distortion.

*edit* sorry this is off topic, but the topic seems to have taken a bit of a detour!

Edited by Sublime Crime

Ignorance is bliss.

I wonder what goes through the minds of these 'Journalists' as they go about their jobs? Not much i'd say.

And Naja, shame on you for watching TT, my doctor says if i watch it one more time i'm going to die from a heart attack.

cheers

LOL, sounds like me.

When ever I lower my self to watching this to see what crap there carrying on with, I always make sure I'm not watching it when it starts and ends and change the channel before the ads come on, hoping that will stop them from getting better ratings, does anyone know if that works.

Nah, if ya want some meaningless entertainment just watch days of our lives or read womens weekly or something, you'll get a lot more logic out of them.

Commercial tv turns ya into a brainwashed sheep who cares more about some dad not paying child support more than the wars that are currently killing thousands of inocent people.

I know a few months back Israel ignored the ceasefire and went in to blow up a tunnel or something, but what do you mean by "israels attack continued" after this?
Yeah at the start of november israel broke the ceasefire and killed six palestinians, I think that was those tunnel strikes your referring to. After that israel set up a 'security buffer' within palestinian land in which they shot anyone that got within the illegal buffer zone- farmers tending their trees, school children, people walking to work. There were a few other skirmishes I dont recall the details about. And then to top it off israel intensified their stranglehold on gaza blocking off goods and transport across their land, sea, and air borders- defined as an act of war by international law, a war crime since it was collective punishment of the palestinians, and a crime against humanity too since they knew a humanitarian crisis would ensue.

Your right hamas firing rockets into israel when its not at a specific military target (which it often is) is bad and I wont defend that either.

I wonder what goes through the minds of these 'Journalists' as they go about their jobs?

For this kind of TV show, they're purely after shocking stories and 'must see' crap to get people to watch their channel for the rest of the night. So they're not really journalists at all..

I'm gonna second that Auxin!!! good post

-But the big stories at the mo are shark attacks here-, i should have put up a link, a quick search for yourself and you will find our latest threat comes from the sharks!!! shark attacks happening evry where along our coast, and apparently we can expect more!!!

" A man surfing on the far north coast of NSW saw violent splashing before being bitten on the thigh by a shark, a local lifeguard says.

Emergency services were called to Fingal Head, south of Tweed Heads, following reports a 31-year-old board rider had been attacked by a shark just before 9.30am (AEDT) on Sunday.

The man was bitten on the fleshy part of his left thigh while surfing about 70m offshore, NSW Police said.

Northern NSW lifeguard coordinator Stephen Leahy said the man, believed to be from Brisbane, was surfing at the unpatrolled South Fingal beach with three friends when he was attacked.

"Witnesses indicate that there were a number of dolphins close to the group ... and the next minute there was a violent splashing in the water,'' Mr Leahy told AAP.

"Then the patient realised that he'd been bitten on his leg.

"He has received a reasonable-sized bite to his upper thigh. The good news is that no major arteries or bones were destroyed.''

Mr Leahy said the surfer's mates brought him ashore and used the leg rope of his surfboard as a tourniquet and applied towels and sheets to stem the bleeding.

Police said a landing zone was established on Fingal Road for the Careflight helicopter which arrived about 10am (AEDT).

The man was then flown to Gold Coast Hospital where he was in a stable condition, a Careflight spokesman told AAP.

"His wound is not life threatening,'' the spokesman said.

All beaches between Fingal Head and Kingscliff were closed on Sunday while another helicopter performed a precautionary sweep of the area but there was no sighting of sharks.

Primary Industries Minister Ian Macdonald said that 577 great white sharks were caught in nets along the NSW coast between 1950 and 2008.

In the past seven years, 25 have been caught in the Newcastle area, 15 in the north Sydney area and eight each in Sydney's south and the Illawarra.

Mr Macdonald said before the nets were established in 1937 there was one fatal attack each year.

"We have had only one since the 51 beaches were meshed and that was more than 50 years ago,'' Mr Macdonald said in a statement.

"There are no guarantees when swimming at our beautiful beaches and the fact remains you are more likely to die on the way to the beach than be taken by a shark.

"Recently we had another tragedy in Western Australia, where beaches are not netted. We do not want that in NSW.''

Brian Guest was last seen snorkelling for crabs at Cote d'Azur Gardens beach off the Western Australian coast last month.

The 51-year-old's body has not been recovered but witnesses told local police they spotted a fin and also saw blood in the water at the time of the suspected attack."

This is just one of many articles floating around

so who watched it

?

what was the un-story?

interesting graphic display of drugs of addiction from the Khat page at Wiki..notice a few in particular that are missing.

H.

post-4860-1231769175_thumb.png

350px_Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs__mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence_.svg.png

350px_Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs__mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence_.svg.png

Yeah i've seen that graph before...

If someone can explain how LSD has more "dependence" than GHB i'll give them a gold medal. Because its absolutely false.

I thought it was interesting how none of the tryptamines where on the graph... :) probably because they are non addictive and the potential for physical harm is 0.

H.

I watched the whole thing and there was no mention of it. I then switched over to ACA and watched the whole of that program also but missed the first part of it which was the bit i wanted to see.

No sensationalist drug stories on either program.

bloody TT, the producers of that show are such sensaltionalists , its a joke that they try to pass it off a current affairs program anyone with half a brain just sits there watching it going what a load of crap none of this shit makes sense or even has the slightest importance, I think the sad thing is it puts a view tto the general public that people using this ethno are a bunch of drug addicted loosers which is far from the case.

go and do some real journalism like exposing corrupt police in the heroin trade or over prescription of medication by doctors who are provided with benefits by the same pharmaceutical companies whose drugs they presdcribe :slap: , that i would consider a report worth watching

Edited by neoshaman

I thought it was interesting how none of the tryptamines where on the graph... :) probably because they are non addictive and the potential for physical harm is 0.

H.

That didnt stop them from putting cannabis and LSD on (actually LSD is a tryptamine). Cannabis they rated as nearly as addictive and harmful as alcohol despite it being non-addictive and having no association with cancer, heart disease, etc. at worst it may slowly worsen existing depression and in extremely rare cases trigger psychoses. I smoked cannabis daily for 10 years straight and when I decided to quit I did so overnight, the disruption to my life was akin to the disruption from stopping a daily tea drinking habit... possibly a tad worse but not quite as bad as quitting coffee, thats for sure. LSD should be their 0,0 point! Not only totally non-addictive but often counter-addictive! And the only (medical) physical danger would be for people who had suffered a heart attack within the last year.

This may be one of the more forgiving propaganda pieces since it includes the ruling classes drugs on the graph, and it does look spiffy and stuff with the colored bubbles, but its still propaganda. And they didnt even make the colored bubbles in pastels for the folks on drugs! How inconsiderate. Here, this is a bit better...

post-146-1231805615_thumb.jpg

screj.jpg

screj.jpg

I always loved this point from Shulgin in Tihkal..

We must be free to eat this plant, and smell that flower, as we choose to. To deny us this right, is to deny us a simple, and basic freedom that is our Constitutional identity. If I want to continue to eat bananas and drink milk, I will do so, and get off of my back. If I want to consume tryptophan because I feel it brings me closer to God and Jesus, or makes me sleep better, I will consume tryptophan. You, the empowered authority, will not tell me not to. As was so eloquently expressed in Leonard Bernstein's West Side Story, when the hero group of heroes came up against the authority group of authorities, they said, "Hey, Officer Cronsky, fuck you."

There are a pile of pharmacological details that should be collected and disposed of. For example, l-tryptophan is the natural and normal amino acid and yet it is more toxic than the unnatural d-isomer. The rat data would suggest that it might be a problem at a something over a 100 gram dose, although I know no one who has nibbled that high. In fact, l-tryptophan is the most toxic (in rats at least) of all the natural dietary amino acids. Interesting. So what? And there is a botanical side to all of this. Gramine is a synthetic precursor of tryptamine, and yet it has been reported here and there as a natural plant component. The same is true for indole-3-ethanol. Yet, both of these can serve you in the laboratory for the synthesis of tryptamine and, of course, of DMT. The plant world seems to be fully aware of these same processes.

A final comment to connect man and plant. The primary animal metabolite of both tryptamine and of DMT is the corresponding indoleacetic acid which is itself a potent plant hormone. This just happens to be one of the most thoroughly studied plant growth hormones, and has been isolated from a number of natural sources. Less well studied is the reduction product of the intermediate aldehyde, by the action of monoamine oxidase, to the corresponding alcohol, indole-3-ethanol or tryptophol. This rather rare plant stimulant has recently been found in cucumber seedlings, but has also been shown to be present in trace amounts (along with the hormone indoleacetic acid, MMT and DMT) in at least one Ayahuasca component, the Illinois Bundleflower legume, Desmanthus illinoesis. Another circle has closed upon itself in an interesting way.

©1997 Alexander & Ann Shulgin;

same as Cannabis could easily be used for those with eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa.

I'd never give weed to someone with a mental issue such as that, it would likely lead to great paranoia and depression and possibly even psychotic states in someone that is not 100% mentally sound and happy already.

Also, that diagram is generated based on an excellent scientific report (the article has been posted in the legislation reform articles thread) that involved a panel of experts reassessing how drugs are scheduled and determinging if the scheduling relates to the actual risk the drugs pose, as well as determining an effective way to rank drugs in order of risk, as you can see they determined that it does not particularly correlate. They basically ranked the 20 most dangerous drugs according to risk to the user, risk to society, and risk of dependence. It was done in the UK and I think it is a must read.

Peace

I'd never give weed to someone with a mental issue such as that, it would likely lead to great paranoia and depression and possibly even psychotic states in someone that is not 100% mentally sound and happy already.

You talking from personal experience or is that something you heard on today tonight. I realize weed fucks with some peoples heads, but from what I've seen these people know it and stay away from it. Yes, I'll admit if someone sits around doing nothing but smoking erb for a long period of time then there's a good chance there not gonna come out on top, but the same could be said about any drug, it's completly unfair and narrow minded to blame weed.

If cannabis really did cause mental illness then the government would have studies that could point out a CASUAL link by now, but they don't.

Jabez, you can keep yourself in naievity for as long as you want, stuyding mental illness is ridiculously difficult particularly trying to find a causal link between mental illness and ANYTHING. Fact of the matter is that I'm sure most people here know someone who has been beaten around by the greens. For those who don't want to believe it, there will never be a study good enough. For those who do, there may well never be a study good enough either.

To my mind, it is undeniable that the use of psychoactives can lead to mental health issues, and certainly cannabis can do this too. That is just my opinion. Oh and I don't think there was any need for your little swipe:

or is that something you heard on today tonight

I believe (notice the 'I') that mJ can lead to depression, anxiety, psychosis and schizophrenia like disorders including schizophrenia itself. I believe that some people are more susceptible to these issues than others, and I believe that it is not always a simple relationship between level of use/abuse and mental outcome.

If cannabis really did cause mental illness then the government would have studies that could point out a CASUAL link by now, but they don't.

As I said, WRONG. There are studies that show there to be a link between them, but the no-sayers simply disagree and like I said, this is not an easy area to study in any way. So sorry man, but to me your statement ^^^ is "completly unfair and narrow minded".

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

so who watched it

?

what was the un-story?

Yeah i watched it! it was on ACA!!! They told you where the khat trees were... and had videos of africans climbing this guys tree pickin leaves...

They mostly blamed the african community! Trying to charge them with stealing and something under the poisons act! They pretty much told you how to have it and where they are.... farkin idiots!!!