Jump to content
The Corroboree


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


About MORG

  • Rank
  • Birthday 19/07/1982

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Country

Previous Fields

  • Climate or location
    NSW Southern Tablelands

Recent Profile Visitors

5,123 profile views
  1. I'm moving soon and although it hurts me, I will need to downsize the plant collection. Will probably offer them on Facebook and here. I have some mature potted specimens (B. caapi, C. edulis, Sally) and not really sure how best to price them. Cacti have the auction page which makes it easy, but what about non-cactus?
  2. Thanks for posting. The observed gradient in concentration casts all the relative potency talk in a very uncertain light. TBM still looking good though And fun quote from the second paper linked in this thread: "Interestingly, the concentration of mescaline in E. lageniformis “psycho0” was determined to be approximately one-third that of the standard variant of E. lageniformis, despite its being advertised by some users as being “exceptional” in terms of the “high” experienced from its use."
  3. MORG

    Creating an Outdoor Patch for Woodlovers or Subs

    The most useful tip I can offer for urban areas is to check woodchip beds on the *south side* of buildings and fences. These stay wettest and coolest during the hot/dry months. I reckon 80% of the urban patches I find are shaded to the north by structures (the other 20% shaded by vegetation cover).
  4. MORG

    A. courtii seeds or plant

    Thanks champions. I have some seed on the way now.
  5. MORG

    A. courtii seeds or plant

    Looking for A. courtii seeds, have some seeds or other plants to make a trade, or just $$$. Would also consider a trade for mature A. courtii plant. I might just have something you're interested in. So PM for a completely obligation-free assessment of your options! Thanks
  6. That's a lovely specimen! I wish I had a photo of the TBM I saw in South Africa that was bigger than a car. Now that was a "huge" TBM. Not shitting you.
  7. I should have been a bit clearer. Can you cut and paste the text of all the ATCGs in those screen shots? In order for anyone to use them they need to be in text format. Otherwise I'll have to transcribe from the .jpg screenshots into text, and this is tedious and prone to errors. If you paste the DNA sequence text in here, then I (or anyone else) can cut and paste to use for downstream analysis.
  8. The 99% similarity to P. cyanescens needs to be considered in the context of which locus you got sequenced, and there seems to be some confusion about that. The letter says TEF, while the chromatograms say ITS4. As mentioned, ITS is ideal for this, as it is the most widely used locus in molecular species delimitation. Species-level difference in ITS is typically 3 - 5% depending on the taxon. Can you upload or PM a text file of the sequences? This is the easiest way to work with the information. I'd be happy to help you make the most of this.
  9. Sure guys. I will PM now.
  10. We have a fair few Saguaro (Carnegiea gigantea) seed. If anyone wants any, get in touch. Happy to just mail some out, but would also love anything you might have to spare for exchange. Germination with takeaway tek works well, we are getting outstanding germination rates. Growth for this species is however SLOOOOW. It's a very special species, and a "pass-it-down-to-your-kids" kind of cactus.
  11. MORG

    Acacia acuminata seed giveaway

    Thanks mate. Much appreciated!
  12. MORG

    Acacia acuminata seed giveaway

    Yes please! And thank you very much!
  13. MORG

    Peres, rooted or unrooted

    Hi all, Looking for some Pere cuttings. Can anyone help me out with trade or $$? I'm about to put down a bunch of seed, and keen to graft some. Morg
  14. Can any soul out there send me some woody B. caapi cuttings so that I may strike them before the cold hits? Would love to get 5 - 10 stem cuttings if possible. We can talk cash or trade. Please get in touch if you can spare any material.