The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Warrioe-Sage

fav game atm ?

Shroomy if ya want a good FPS gotta try Halo! Its legendry :) Can't believe it hasen't been mentioned yet :o

Some of my fav games have been:

Black

Gears of War

Blazing Angels

Spliner Cell's (all of them)

Rainbow Six's (all of them)

Halo

Halo 2

Ninja Gaiden

Ghost Recon's (All of them)

There a heaps more, can't remember them ATM. Gears of War is an excellent game as is Black, 2 of my fav shooters. The halo's are awesome as well especially if you have a few friends to sys link with and blaze away at :)

Halo 3 is due to be released soon WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

EDIT: Forgot Max Payne. Damn fun game that lasts a while.

yeah... black looked alright, and gears of war is supposed to be good. I liked the halo game... although I was disappointed that the multiplayer mode lacked bots. ninja gaiden was cool, but sent me into rages. The tom clancy games... i thought that i may have been able to get into... but was always put off cause the seemed to strategic (i just like to run around and kill) 2 of the best fps games ever for multiplayer were perfect dark on n64 and red faction 2 on x-box, far cry was cool on xbox in single player

Max payne was awsome, dark and moody, good memories of that game.

I shat myself when i first played Undying lol. Grafix by todays standards aint the best but its a good FPS horror game.

For some reason i never got into Halo, it looked great and all but it lacked real firepower.

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

you like RTS with real gameplay, and you have a pretty kickass computer?

supreme commander is the best ever. it's a lot like total annihilation.

i won't continually restate this fact.

it is the best RTS ever.

it is the best RTS ever.

okay i will.

best ever.

half life 2 freakin rocks even though i didn't get to play much of half life, then ending sucked though cus it left it too open for a 3rd, splinter cell double agent is awesome too but way to hard to keep stealth

looking for a new game to play, any recommendations are welcome.

I play Call of Duty 2 online quite a bit, the single player missions were also great.

Guest Warrioe-Sage
I am surprised WS likes games. I thought he would have realised that they were designed by the illuminati to mind control the population and distract them from reality..

the all seeing all directional eye can't SPECULATE!?hehe!!...just askn....

Well WS you have said yourself in ur other posts that games are a tool of the illuminati... i would go find the post and quote you on it but you have too many to look though ;/

well i dont play much anymore, but if i got a few hours i always go for a ol favourite, KINGDOMS total annialation, its been out for years and years, but i still love it, its total war stratagy, in a medievil sense, fkn great, then there was the iron plague the upgrade, adding another race to the endless possiblities of war fare.

i love the war stratagy, loved lara croft, infact if i had a ps anything where i am i'd probly spend more time on it than aon my girl!!!

lol

had and beat mesiah, not very interesting, warcraft 3 ok

age of empires takes alot of time eh!!!

rise of nations, not bad

truth being told i hav'nt had a game consloe for many years now, but seen as the 20 gb ps3 is only $500 over here i'm thinking about it again.

used to love taking 1\4 of cid and sitting and playing sim city for 8 hours lol, oh those were the days!!!

did someone say panties?

Clive Barkers:

The Undying:

The reason I like it is a new feature,

Theres a close in on when one makes a mistake the skeletons the heads spin around while one of them ripes your heart out.

Rather amusing as it must took alot for the game guy to design.

So when wacked the automatic close in shows the wacking scene as to position of mistake.

Halo is an awesome game! I guess you had to be into it when it was first released. It set the mark for a lot of the good shooters out and about now.

Halo has plenty of fire power if you know how to play. ;) Its a well balanced game that plays well in single player but really shines in multi! Halo2 was even better in this regard. The pros and cons of each weapon and the map layouts all mesh so well to appeal to all types of skill leveled players and make it a real delight to play. Its still played on the various online xbox games networks. They are both classics. H3 has some big boots to fill :)

Black was a damn fine game! I finished it in a week and kept playing it every spare minute I had for another 4 months. Shroomy if you like running in hell for leather blazing at anything that moves then black is good value. You will have to change your strategy to progress through the game but on the first few easier levels its awesome fun to throw strategy out the window and just dive in and see if you can nail all the bad guys before they nail you.

Its one of those games you can come back to again and again. Never had the pleasure of multi with black but I know that would be hell fun.

What other shooters have I got...

Area 51 - Not bad, lil weird but enjoyable.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Fucking awesome!

Call of duty: big red one - Another fun one.

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory - Not a FPS but cool tank shooter.

Pariah - Bizarre game to play at the start but you get used to it. Bit of fun.

Starwars: Republic Commando - Mad shooter! Bit frustrating that the blasters were so inacurate but otherwise nice!

From Russia With Love 007 - Another fun shooter, well worth a play.

Other cool games

Thief: Deadly Shadows - You'll either love it or you'll hate it. Wish they'd bring another thief out for XB

Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic

Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - No need to say anything about these 2!

Spartan: Total Warrior - Ya gotta try this one!

Prince of Persia 1, 2 & 3 - Damn fine games!

Hitman: Blood & Money - Refreshingly different.

Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'D - LOVE this game!

That will do for now. :lol:

Have you got an Xbox shroomey? Chipped? Might be able to help...

Cant beleave noone else has mentioned Battlefield Vietnam, more for BF2.

jop, your actually not allowed to contribute in ws's posts any more, they are drivel

jop, your actually not allowed to contribute in ws's posts any more, they are drivel

I think WS should be encouraged to post more such as this (which are not drivel) by receiving copious replies.

i would encourage him to do more like this..this is one he actually put some of his own time and effot into as apposed to cutting and pasteing. and there is no illuminati.

I haven't played any video games for a few years. When I was into it I used to love the super nes rpgs. things like, Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu III, Secret of Mana, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, and my all time favourite, Earthbound which has to be the quirkiest game I've ever played.

I'm not playing all of these at the moment, but my favourites are:

Fallout: fucking awesome post-apocalyptic RPG ("the unofficial Mad Max game") - can't believe no one else mentioned it!

American McGee's Alice: cool Alice in Wonderland-themed FPS/puzzle game with original weapons & some very weird...well, everything.

Star Wars Battlefront: good basic FPS/strategy game, best in multiplayer

Warcraft 3: real-time strategy, like Starcraft/Age of Empires (which are also fun), but with heroes as well as minor soldiers. The Frozen Throne expansion is even better.

Monkey Island: an ancient puzzle/adventure game by LucasArts. Lots of silly fun.

Diablo 2: addictive hack 'n' slash

Edited by Anodyne

Guest Warrioe-Sage
I'm not playing all of these at the moment, but my favourites are:

Fallout: fucking awesome post-apocalyptic RPG ("the unofficial Mad Max game") - can't believe no one else mentioned it!

American McGee's Alice: cool FPS/puzzle game with original weapons & some very weird...well, everything.

Star Wars Battlefront: good basic FPS/strategy game, best in multiplayer

Warcraft 3: real-time strategy, like Starcraft/Age of Empires (which are also fun), but with heroes as well as minor soldiers. The Frozen Throne expansion is even better.

Monkey Island: an ancient puzzle/adventure game by LucasArts. Lots of silly fun.

Diablo 2: addictive hack 'n' slash

Monkey Island Series:

Those game are just hilarious and challenging at some points

For those of you who dont know, Monkey Island is an Adventure Game, with a point and click interface, that uses Witty Insults during Swordfights to determine whos the winner (Swordfights dont happen all the time, its just a feature)

The story alone will keep you entertained, the humor, animation.... there's only one word for it, CLASSIC!

LucasArts and sierra adventures are the best adventure games made.( you can still find them at torrent sites)

To bad they dont make em these day...

The longest journey 1 and 2 are also great adventure games.

Very deep storyline, and much humour

The_Longest_Journey

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/727949/T...est_Journey_rar

The_Longest_Journey 2

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/757440/P...ngest_Journey_2

you can also get them cheap on ebay.

reviews

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/longe...rney/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/longe...tml?sid=6147844

I agree with you Warrioe-Sage ( :scratchhead: )

The Sierra point-and-click adventures are simply some of the best games ever made.

My favourites were the Quest For Glory series.

I played number 1/2/3 heaps but never got into 4 and 5.

If anyone can tell me where I can get Quest for Glory V I'd be most grateful!!

I loved the different fantasy settings in each game. Number one was a gorgeous and immersive medieval fantasy. Number two the scorching and baffling desserts of the Arabian tales. Number three was the rich and diverse north-African-inspired plains and jungle. Four was eastern-European gothic dark-ages. And five (which I've never played :( ) the scenic, azure coast of the Greek islands.

There is a group who is curently making a VGA remake of QFG2 (much like the VGA QFG1 remake).

http://www.agdinteractive.com/QFG2.php

The page hasn't been updated in years.... I hope things haven't stalled for good.

LucasArts and sierra adventures are the best adventure games made.( you can still find them at torrent sites)

To bad they dont make em these day...

But they do! They made Monkey Island 3 in 1997 I think, and released 4 recently - although the graphics are far better (well they'd have to be wouldn't they?), I prefer the originals - they've Disneyfied Guybrush pretty badly in 4.

Oh, and here's a shot of one of the swordfight scenes.

Classic!

Leasure suit larry :) that horny bastard, he had a good run with the point n click genre.

I never got into monkey island,even tho i like point n clicks and evvveryone always says MI is one of the best.

Edited by inpsyght

i'm getting back into paper scissors rock in a big way

ROFL - I'm with ya all the way there Sphinx!! :lol: Damn, this place is crawling with nerds! :P My favs are still sonic the hedgehog and commander keen (both very old-school) - the older the better IMO :)

Two free online games I play at the moment, which are both great, but VERY different;

The Endless Forest - http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest/

"You are a stag, a male deer. So are the other players. You meet each other in an endless forest on the internet. The setting is idyllic, the atmosphere peaceful. You communicate with one another through sounds and body language."

This is a screensaver, and you will want a reasonably modern computer to run it. It is just like they say, you are a beautiful stag in a beautiful forest and you just play with other stags and enjoy the wonders of the forest. There is no way to communicate with text, only the deer's body-language. It's cool, and very different!

There were Amanita's popping up everywhere today! I've never seen them before. :)

&

Urban Dead - http://www.urbandead.com/

A great, HTML-based Massively-multiplayer role-playing game. No downloads, or nothing. Just create a character!

The city of Malton has somehow become infected with a typical Zombie virus. The dead are rising and eating the living.

You start out as either a human(various classes) or a Zombie, and whenever a human player dies, he comes back as a Zombie. Never fear, there are some classes that can 'revive' zombies back to humans. So, you're not stuck as a zombie forever.

There are XP points, levels, skills, different weapons, building barricading, radio communication, graffiti, etc, etc. It's a full-on RPG and only real players. No NPC characters.

I once spent 2 weeks with a group of 200 other human players holding off 500 Zombies from busting into a mall we were holding, but it got to the point where they were breaking our barricades down every 10 minutes.

Eventually, after enough break-ins, we'd all been bitten and got infected so it just became a mall filled with 700 Zombies! :(

This game is addictive, beware. :lol:

edited for spelling

Edited by Benzito

Guest Warrioe-Sage
so you are posting direct to bitches and gripes ws :scratchhead: games must get controversial too :scratchhead::unsure::)

Silent hill is excellent, have only ever played the original on psx but someone stole it / forgot to return it so I never explored it to it's full extent, but even then it's got quite a nice range of possibilities in the game skewing the story line depending on your decisions. That little ringing bell builds the atmosphere for sure, but it's even better in the mangled schools and hospitals with lots of weird things occurring and those little ghostlike people, wow I can still vividly remember all the details, made such a good impression. And those carnival cut scenes with the police women and her eyes as well as her similar scene in the hospital, wow so well done.

The video cut scenes are excellent and make it even more creepy, but i'd agree it's one of the scariest games I've played and for the time, the graphics were kickarse, I still feel they are excellent even though it differs from todays technology.

Was a big fan of the resident evil series too, particularly 1 and 2, only played 3 for a little while. Got stuck into them at friends places during mid-late primary school, perfect time for those games as my mind was potentiating the games effects with lots of intrigue with all the puzzles etc, am very glad I touched on them at that point in time, lots of good memories. Never got into directors cut and all the side games that sprung off, just the original psx first 2 titles.

Haven't played games for a long time, but IME, by far the best games in that puzzle solving/mangled genera were Resident Evil and silent hill. Dino Crisis at the same time fulfilled my archeology side with the similar genera, but was pretty crap but still playable and fun at times.

thanks for bringing it up ws :D I'm expecting you to actually be taking the piss and turn this around lol so i'm all open, but I enjoyed it :)

Another one that I didn't finish (i.e. friend lost it) but one that I eventually got engrossed in was Parasite Eve (the first one) similar to that genera but more so RPG final fantasy like, but focussed on biology and mutations and the likes in NYC. Excellent graphics and gameplay, but you really need to enjoy the RPG/Final Fantasy genera, still kickarse and well worth checking out even. It's quite a long game but really engrossing once you get past the kind of boring start, the museum is really interesting when the dinosaurs come to life :P Quite grounded in reality in parts, but with massive fantasy twists too, but still grounded in biology in a sense.

Silent Hill is actually based on two, as far as i can tell, movies already.

Rosemary's Baby, and Jacobs Ladder. Especially Jacobs Ladder. It's a very creepy movie wher ethe world around a viatnam veteran keeps distorting and he sees strange monsters. he also has flashbacks of the war where he's in an alternate world full of bodies, gore, rusted metal fences and barbed wire, etc etc. If it's anything like Jacobs Ladder, it's going to be good.

jacob's ladder was a wicked movie.

and ya know, , that movie and silent hill do have a similar trend...

in silent hill 2,

James sees demons created by his inner guilt in which he has to overcome. These demons reflect his soul and what he had done.

Eddy sees people laughing at him and bullying him, his inner demons. Which is why he goes beserk at the end and tries to shoot James. James is just another man making fun of Eddy.

Angela was raped by her father. he is her inner demon, as we see in the scene where James fights the demon in the labrynth, which Angela calls Daddy. She is also fighting her inner guilt at killing her own father.

These people were all drawn to Silent Hill by the powers that be to stand trial for their crimes.

Of course there is also Laura. She is in Silent Hill looking for Mary, but sees it as an empty, deserted town. Laura is a child, she has no inner demons to face.

James created Maria.

Well, technically, Silent Hill created Maria from James memories of Mary to test James. She looks exactly like Mary, she's just everything James wanted Mary to be. Sexy, outgoing, fun etc. She's also very ill, and dies several times in the Jame to further punish James for his deeds.

The thing is with the first one is that Silent Hill changed to fit the mind of Alessa, who was burned and tortured by her mother and the cult to get the power out of her that she was birthed with. This cult and the ritual to summon the dark god Samael changed the town. It gave the town life. Harry was not fighting his inner demons, he was fighting ALessas demons. Because of the power of Alessa, her mind was manifest by the town which created demons and hideous scenes of violence and delapidated buildings, the insides of Alessas tortured soul.

And of course, in Silent Hill 3, the main character IS Alessa.

Silent Hill 4 is definately different.

It's Henry Townshead, a regular Joe living in an apartment in a city that isn't SIlent Hill. One day he finds he is trapped in his apartment, and can't get out. He's not the only one, his neighbour Eileen is also trapped. Mysteriously portals appear in the apartment. Going through leads you to different parts of Silent Hill...

The enemies look scary as hell. There's 'victims' in this one.

Victim one: A dead body that floats towards you and attacks.

Victim two: A body that scrambles along the floor towards you face down.

Victim three: An apparition with two babies faces and long arms it uses to run towards you, screaming!!

It seems more melee-based. Weapons include switch knifes, poles, axes, planks, basically anything you can get your hands on. They break too, so you always have to be on the lookout for weapons.

Edited by Warrioe-Sage