The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Spicey herbal extract blend

mate, if I had a month without smoking then had huge pipe of some primo stuff, then even I'd get extremly paranoid, too.

Don't you think I would have mentioned those extra conditions if they were in fact relevant?

It is NOT a matter of dosage with some of these cannabinoids. Some of them induce fear at very low doses [before you even get inebriated] while others don't seem to at all. It depends on the compound.

it seems quite a few pot smokers don't actually like spice. for some it is immediately fear or anxiety inducing.

As a heavy weed smoker I went through a faze of smoking Spice (usually sprinkled on top of a cone of weed). I soon stopped as something felt wrong or harmful, at the time I thought it may have been laced with a tropane, now I know better.

The high to me is missing something from weed, seems to be less creative thoughts, less euphoria, less medicinal effects. Its funny that the paranoia is still present, I always thought this was a side effect of prohibition :(

Be interesting to see whats next . . . a truly herbal weed alternative (herbal isolates sprayed on a base herb) would be a useful thing for many people.

Edited by tryptamine

Don't you think I would have mentioned those extra conditions if they were in fact relevant?

It is NOT a matter of dosage with some of these cannabinoids. Some of them induce fear at very low doses [before you even get inebriated] while others don't seem to at all. It depends on the compound.

Fair enough, I was going by the assumption (probably wrongly) that the same thing that created

in the good organic stuff was the same thing that created it in these other cannabinoids. From what I've been reading its pretty clear that they dont know much about some of these new cannabinoids, so its probably better to stick to the known and tried.

I've never used them, so I probably shouldn’t have commented

Sometimes untill you do build some tollerance, the side effects are worse. For alot of things.

One thing I noticed confusing the thread in spots above is that Spice is not one thing.

Some people above think they are speaking about the same thing as others above for that reason.

I'm not talking of the use of different cannabinoids but rather there are two completely separate creatures being called spice (both of which can be further subdivided):

1) Spice is a smoking herb blend fortified as noted above with a synthetic cannabinoid of one sort or another. There is more than one version of this clearly and more than one producer now.

AND

2) Spice is now a common (and increasingly common) street name for DMT and the word spice is also used for something less clear that is produced from some DMT extractions (the latter is more often called jungle species to differentiate it from DMT=spice)

Lack of recognition of this nomenclatural duality is causing a lot of confusion not just for a couple of people above.

When I have encountered people speaking of spice in recent months it is most often meaning DMT not Spice the herb blend.

Spice was denied to the US by its original producer. One of their distributors thought it would be good to sell to the US anyway and we know how that one went. As a result Spice has never really been here except in a very small and limited way so most of anything called 'spice' in the US is just DMT.

I've also heard DMT being called Elf spice.

Plain old cannabis commonly induces a strong sense of fear in many novice users.

Hell it induces a strong sense of fear in many nonusers.

Edited by trucha

much the same here.......there is little of this synthetic stuff around so if someone were you use the term spice i would assume dmt or curry powder ingredients.......

t s t .

I just thought that entho forums were populated by Dune fetishists.

Hi Guys! Dunno if this is known already because i havent read the thread for a long time! I just read the asnwer to a question we discussed lately!

a.) Spice yields negative results for THC on field tests!

b.) Detector dogs can indeed sniff it!

Here is the complete text:

http://cannazine.co.uk/cannabis-news/unite...zed-at-dhl.html

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/846679...evading-customs

Australians are experimenting with an illegal synthetic form of marijuana that does not show up on standard drug tests and is passing under the noses of customs officials.

The drug, commonly known by the brand name Spice, is being ordered from overseas and packaged to look like a mixture of common incense herbs.

But it is laced with a potent illegal chemical that produces a strikingly similar effect to marijuana when smoked.

An office worker in Australia's mining industry told ninemsn he had ordered the drug online from Europe on two occasions, and received it both times.

"It was sent in an urgent document delivery envelope," he said.

"Inside was a catalogue for a London shopping centre, and inside that was my Spice."

"I thought it was a little bit suspicious."

The source, who agreed to speak under condition of anonymity, said smoking Spice produces nearly the same effect as smoking marijuana.

"The effects it produces are felt within minutes of inhaling — there is an overwhelming 'stoned' sensation," he said.

He said he used to take other drugs but could not anymore because his place of employment enforced a random drug test policy.

"Spice is not detected by industry standard drug tests," he said.

"I can confirm this as I've been smoking it over the past few months and successfully passed a drug test last month."

Spice has been sold in parts of Europe and Canada since 2002, but only emerged from its underground status in the drug world over the past year.

A search on online forums reveals many Australians are interested in trying Spice.

One Queenslander wrote that a package he ordered was opened by Australian Customs, who left an inspection note inside but failed to notice the illicit contents.

"Australian customs ripped thru my baggie and taped it back up saying they didn't find anything," he wrote, and posted photographs of the notice.

Although the product is sold as incense and "not for human consumption", tests conducted in several countries over the past year have found the product is laced with synthetic chemicals designed to produce a psychedelic effect when smoked.

A US government report issued in March said the synthetic cannabinoids found in Spice are so similar to the real thing it deemed the drug "stealth marijuana".

Spice is illegal in several countries, including Australia where it falls under strict analogue drug laws.

"If Spice is or contains a synthetic cannabinoid ... then it is captured by the Schedule 9 entry for cannabis," a Department of Health spokesman told ninemsn.

The health effects of using Spice are still relatively unknown, but a German case study published in July said it was "strongly addictive" and cited a regular user who felt a "continuous craving for the drug".

The source in the mining industry said he was "becoming increasily wary of ingesting strange, untested chemicals".

"MDMA and marijuana, while relatively safe in moderation, have been heavily policed," he said.

"As a result, people such as myself are delving into the 'research chemical' drugs."

"Will this drug cause adverse health issues down the track? I certainly hope not, but with limited information out there, who knows?"

There is a new so called Kratom extract on the market called Krypton. It is said to actually be a blend of Caffeine and O-desmethyltramadol.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64188

It may pay to let any vendors who are selling Krypton know that this may be the case. This is not the attention that Kratom needs.

Edit - (I am waiting for this matter to become clearer).

Edited by tryptamine

that post deserves it's own thread!

Who would have thought that herbs were sold without disclosure of their full ingredients? :)

happy herb shop in melb sell this stuff called puff. i tried it befor and copped the shakes and an odd heart beat hardcore but then i tried it recently with a friend and it was great. no negative feelings what so ever, kinda alot like weed but better then again, i havent had weed in years cause i dont like it anymore and cause i'm worried about getting caught when i drive. i think i had the shakes from exessive caffine those days tho and a higher dose then what i prob should have had. (the cutie behind the counter said to have 1/2 the pack and i had 2/3 the pack) i also think that having it with a friend and moving about alot as apose to sitting there alone, just listening to music waiting for the effects fights off the side effects alot too. anyway, it sells for $15 for half a gram and thats enough to get about 2-3 people pleasently stoned. i wouldnt try a whole half gram just yet cause i'm afraid if getting the bad side effects. its kinda dangerous in a way tho cause it takes so long to kick in fully. i packed a good pipe and started smoking 1/2 the pack all in on hit and it did nearly nothing so a few mins later i tried a lil more. 15mins later i started to feel it come on strong but by then it was too late and i started getting the side effects so be careful ppl and try to keep it on the down low so it doesnt get banned, at least untill i buy the 20g jar ;)

something else interesting is the next day i did a broad spectrum drug test. it tests for everything from ice to thc to mdma to opioids and everything in between. does i thing 10 or 12 drugs in total. i came up completely clean exept for amphetemeins wich i had the day before for legitimate health problems. the effects were very sedative and although i did get an odd heart beat and the shakes i dont feel it had speed in it.

hope this is interesting.

Just wondering, if all cannabinoids are automatically illegal in Australia under strict analogue laws, then how are some australian vendors getting away with selling these cannabinoid blends coming from New Zealand? Personally I think they belong in jail for what there charging for it, compared to what they charge in new zealand. Sure there making $40 a pack, but would that be worth risking your whole business getting caught selling illegal drugs in your shop?

Its quarantine who steal it from ya (while leaving the free pills that have killed people, they send with your order) if they catch it in the mail, rather than customs.

Also, does anyone know what cannabinoids these new Zealand blends contain, is it jwh-018?

Just wondering, if all cannabinoids are automatically illegal in Australia under strict analogue laws, then how are some australian vendors getting away with selling these cannabinoid blends coming from New Zealand?

The JWH substances are not Cannabinoids, rather Cannabinoid mimetics.