The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

The Corroboree Must NEVER Die!

I know that there may be hard times.... but we can never let this forum die and we can never lose all this information!

Are the forums backed-up?

Yes, the forums are routinely backed up. Major crashes in the past which have required applying a backup have rarely lost very many posts.

As for the forum not dieing IIRC Torsten has it set up so if he dies the forums ownership will be transferred to someone else who will keep it alive and running in the shaman australis spirit.

forums can die though as the old ae forums have shown us,

i miss the old eccles forum site.

Everything that has a beginning also has an end, it would be nieve to think this place wont eventually go under, thats why im passionate about human liberties, i dont smoke cigarrettes but i have sympathy for the way you are now considered to be dirty stinking lowlifes confined to cold little patches outside your favourite building, as a matter of fact you cant even smoke on many beaches or parks in Australia, what a joke its outdoors. Soon it will be in your car, outside of schools an on and on, why....because the other half of society consider their view to be superior to yours.

Now people are getting their cars confiscated, crushed...houses are being sold out from under peoples feet because they are 'possibly' drug dealers, little by little and with little fight we are losing our freedom. How ironic is it that our mobile phones are a symbol of our personal freedom, in fact the opposite is true, authority can track our location at any time, you cant even do a shit on the toilet these days without some well meaning person calling you up to ask you the obligitory ' where are you mate'. Im trying to do a fucking giant shit in privacy, leave me alone. Why is it that we have a constant need to be connected to people all the time, how insecure we have become.

I remember getting annoyed when SAB said they would no longer send their products to WA, so am i led to believe that SAB cannot sell or send Acacia seed to WA, so this is a unique situation in the world is it not, the national plant emblem of Australia cannot be sent to Western Australia, when it is already naturally growing in Western Australia. Even though this is small and insignifigant, so was the first non smoking restuarant and so will be those friendly govenment officials banning seeds, who have already hammered one nail in the coffin and the eventual closure of the corroboree.

I hope that in some capacity all the information at the Corroboree will be preserved.

We need the entire forum downloaded on multiple discs and servers... how can we achieve this?

little by little and with little fight we are losing our freedom.

Sad but true.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. "

-Thomas Jefferson

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "

-Benjamin Franklin

yes i miss the ea site too, i really enjoyed that site and it was a sad situation when that all ended

Did we lose any information from the other site?

Is there any link to it or anything? I never got to see the other site!

Edited by Teotz'

I hope that in some capacity all the information at the Corroboree will be preserved.

We need the entire forum downloaded on multiple discs and servers... how can we achieve this?

read! be discerning & read. store it in your cranium. practice the knowledge & share what you've done!

Only so much fits in my forgetful little head!

I always want this place to be around as a reference and for people who don't have any info in their heads yet!

I'd do everything in my power to keep the Corroboree up and running including spending my own money if necessary!

Torsten do you accept donations? How can I help?

Did we lose any information from the other site?

Is there any link to it or anything? I never got to see the other site!

Yeah, loads was lost. Its funny, about 6 months before the site went down for good I had the urge to mirror the entire site into an archive on my comp but I didnt because I didnt want to chew up that much of their bandwidth. Shame I'm not more selfish lol.

Among the data that was lost was the only good series of Lespedeza bicolor alkaloid extraction experiments I've ever seen published. It was a chronicle of like 4 or 5 extraction runs from 2 (?) different varieties of L. bicolor posted by a low post number girl I've never seen around here... did anyone archive that or remember it being posted to another site or at least remember any of the quantitative data? I want my info back :( I think she averaged around 0.2% combined alkaloid yield from areal portions?

Damn! See that is what I'm talking about... that is really terrible we have lost that information!

Is there anyway to get a copy of the Corroboree?

There are plenty of programs that can "rip" a website to your computer, HTTrack Website Copier springs to mind. Personally I'd ask Torsten's permission to do so, but I suppose people rip websites every day... note that some websites can't be readily copied and site ripping tools may have trouble with sites that require a login.

P.s welcome back?

Yes, preserve the Corroboree so that you too can have a great source for material to plagiarize from should the Corroboree go down. Too bad this place just became a little less appealing so quickly.

~Michael~

welcome back teotz : )

read! be discerning & read. store it in your cranium. practice the knowledge & share what you've done!

I think your last few words spell it out clearly. SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND WHAT YOU KNOW

That is the best way to keep the knowledge alive.

Considering the world will end on the 21st of December 2012 (Last day of the Mayan calendar) we better get our fingers out. I still have so much more to experience and not long to do it in.

Share Share Share

Hutch :wink:

Thanks incognito, it's good to be back.

Thanks SMITH.

So is there anyway I can download the Corroboree? Is that ok Torsten?

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

Personally I'd ask Torsten's permission to do so

P.s welcome back?

The easiest & most ethical way would be what stitches said :)

Although it may not be possible or wise for security etc...

Edited by mac

anyone can rip this website, but set your program to a slow crawl or it will get booted off permanently.

As for the database, this will not be made available as it contains member information.

So... we can download the content of the forums right?