The Corroboree
paradox

Agwa, bolivian coca leaf liquer

anyone tried this ?

i got seriously bent on this stuff last night. i think it's really nice as far as alcoholic beverages go but i had a seriously twisted night.

the first half of my night was awesome but the after that i blacked out & only have flashes of very strange memories. some how i ended up walking all over the city on my own, in a delirious state. i have no idea how i managed to navigate my way around, i have all these flashes of memories of being in all different & farly-spaced areas of the city trying to talk to homeless people who thought i was a complete freak. i somehow navigated my way all the way across the city (at least 6 or 7 kms) to my friends place & i was not even really conscious of it & i've only just moved to sydney & hardly know my way around at all.

i lost all my money but not my wallet. and i'm pretty sure i didn't spend it! i drank all night for free because we were at my friends pub.

i somehow got a big gash above my eye & had blood all over my face & bruises & wounds on other parts of my body. maybe i was beaten up & robbed or something :unsure:.

i'm pretty sure mdma may have been involved also & a lot of beer, but i drank alot of the coca liquer & i have never had total black-out like that before.

all in all, it was very wierd indeed.

Edited by Paradox

i find blackouts from alcohol are more to do with the speed that you drink rather than the amount.

MDMA and beer (alcohol) in general + the coca liquer could cause blackouts like that from what i hear. when you say your pretty sure mdma may have been involved, it sounds like your not sure, was it dosed or did one of ur pals slip some in for fun? personally ild never mix a stim with alcohol, just doesent feel right to me.

what about your anus?
Thats just uncalled for, lol :)

dfg

Edited by Teljkon

well i've just been talking to my mate who i was with on Saturday night & he's informed me that pills were indeed involved & on reflection i do have a memory of it. my mates didn't dose me without my knowing, they wouldn't do that.

he also told me that he was steadily buying beers & shots for me pretty much on a 10-minutely basis all night & i was charging through them very quickly.

i just can't believe i didn't get sick, which is usually what happens to me when i'm that plastered. i think the pill must have kept me on the level & i just got pisseder & pisseder without getting sick. i was also informed that when he was still with me i seemed to be on a totally different planet but i was pretty in control. i sort of seemed to have my shit together fairly well, which is why he didn't feel bad about leaving me when he finally did.

i was also informed that we went to three different pubs after the first one we were at, which is news to me also.

& i agree, that wasn't really called for :rolleyes: & yes i think my sphincter is still intact, thankfully.

the thing that intrigues me was how i was able to navigate around the place, i'm dumbfounded but i find it pretty interesting.

just sounds like you were really off ya chops

ghddf

Edited by Teljkon

just sounds like you were really off ya chops

nah man, it was special!! haha just kidding, yeah dude i was just off my chops, just never been THAT off chops on alcohol before!

anyway, to you sir i say good fucking effort :lol:

Can you buy this coca, leaf drink in Australia? Also everyone at nightclubs here in Adelaide adds Jaggermister to their drinks to stimulate them, does any one know what the active stimulant herb is, tastes like cola nut to me? :wub::wub::wub:

agwa has been available in australia for a at least a couple of years, you shoud be able to buy it at most bottleshops - dan murphys will definately have it

Keen to try this!!!

Available in Adelaide from:

Cellarbrations 243 Main st Blackwood

Cellarbrations Tappy's Shop1 2 Hub drive Aberfoyle Park

East End Cellars 22-26 Vardon avenue Adelaide

Will look for it at Dan Murphy's tomorrow too.

For the rest of Oz, locations listed at:

link

Keen to try this!!!

Available in Adelaide from:

Cellarbrations 243 Main st Blackwood

Cellarbrations Tappy's Shop1 2 Hub drive Aberfoyle Park

East End Cellars 22-26 Vardon avenue Adelaide

Will look for it at Dan Murphy's tomorrow too.

For the rest of Oz, locations listed at:

link

how mcuh is a bottle?

Cause i ca't find it here!

so it actually contains coca? for real?

yep. apparently

from http://www.agwa.com.au:

AGWA INGREDIENTS

COCA LEAF

Today bales of Bolivian Coca leaf are shipped under armed guard to Amsterdam where they are distilled. An extremely distinctive peppery herbal base is then blended with other herbs like guarana & ginseng to balance the taste and augment the effect.

Coca leaf today is drunk as a tea and chewed for hours by farmers and miners in South American countries such as Bolivia. The result is similar to a prolonged caffeine or tobacco buzz. But it's more than that. It improves stamina and provides essential nutrients. The World Health Organisation, the UN's Inter Regional Crime and Justice research institutes cocaine project ALL maintain that coca users show none of the classic signs of addiction.

GUARANA

Guarana is the extract from the seeds of the common Amazonian climber Paullina Cupana. The South American Guarani Indians make a paste from the crushed seeds, cassava flour and water. The paste is rolled into cylinders and dried. The residue is then grated and the shavings are dissolved in hot sweet water. Typically the resultant brew contains about 5% caffeine.

Caffeine has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, heart, blood vessels and kidneys. The positive effects that have been described in people who use caffeine include motor skills, decreased fatigue, enhanced sensory activity and increased alertness. However, caffeine intake may also produce such negative effects as irritability, nervousness or anxiety, headaches and insomnia.

GINSENG

True Ginseng is the source of a stimulant and supposed aphrodisiac that is extracted from the roots of the plant. It is native to China. Ginseng has a sweetly aromatic flavour. The basis of Ginseng's effect is believed to be due to chemical agents that increase the brains adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) activity without involving the adrenal glands. A generalised mental arousal is thereby effected.

WHY THE LIME

Check out the Bolivian Kiss (as well as other recipes) in the rituals section… We recommend using lime to get maximum effect out of your Agwa experience.

Biting the lime first works in the same way as the South American practice of chewing Coca leaves with limes. The lime changes the PH of the mouth, which activates the alkaloids in the leaf to produce a powerful oxygen buzz.

Coca leaf alkaloids work by speeding up the rate of absorption of oxygen into the body’s capillary system. It is a natural ‘rush’ and naturally controversial.

Edited by Paradox

Hi paradox! Sounds a little bit like GBL! Maybe some girl has date raped you! ;-) Just kidding! Very Scary! I had the same happening to me a few weeks ago and it was a very unpleasant experience! bye Eg

Agwa is the shiz....

Lime is a must have ..

swirl the agwa and lime in your mouth for as long as you can....

the coca effects become apparent... B)

Very hard to find in a lot of bottle shops though???

This is the "Absinthe" all over again.

The leaf used in this product is decocanised, or even more probably, just distilled leaf essence.

The "coca effects" as you say are most likely just caffeine (guarana).

Edited by Sina

asdfsd

Edited by Teljkon

Err, actually, I think it's on anyone whos claiming "coca effects" from Agua to provide documentation, not the other way around.

If there was ethylcocaine in Agwa, do you think they'd bother adding caffeine and ginseng n other inferior compounds?

I've had agwa once. It made me very hyped up and happy and I talked lots of shit for quite awhile. An enjoyable experience but not quite my usual style. Interesting to see there's guarana in it, I hadn't known that. Guarana doesn't usully affect me like that, even with alcohol- although stimulating in a keep me awake kind of way, I find it considerably more peaceful than my agwa experience. perhaps it is not the coca as such, but that is how the plant spirit manifests itself, that its character comes through anyway?

Mmm it apears the above description left one crucial bit out.....

Distilled and produced in Holland, AGWA de Bolivia is an "Alco-Jolt" made from the Bolivian coca leaf and contains Guarana and ginseng.

In 1820 the first Bolivian coca leaf liqueur was manufactured by the De Medici in Bologna, Italy and sold throughout Europe. Rudyard Kipling said the powerful elixir as being made "from the clippings and shavings of angels wings". The product was removed from the market with the banning of cocaine as rudimentary distilling did not remove cocaine. Today bales of Bolivian Coca leaf are shipped under armed guard to Amsterdam where they are distilled and an exact maceration and herbal extraction technique guarantee the removal of the cocaine to standards acceptable to European and US authorities. An extremely distinctive peppery herbal base is then blended with other herbs like guarana & ginseng to balance the taste and augment the effect.