The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
black

baldness cure from the desert ventigo vermilias

ventigo vermilias ( sulpel jack vine tree) CENTRAL DESERT , the root and bark boiled in water is reputed to cure baldness !!!!!!!!!!!! now i know its growing in alice springs but i think it grows in inland queensland , can any one ether get me a sampel ,get some seed ,or is any one close to one of these babys , i read it grows inland from the whit sundays QLD i wish to grow this baby , at worst(AT WORST HA) i have to go for a trip to the the desert , if so would any one be intersted in informing with a list of species for me to collect seed from and the times thay are ready for seed collection for the community and myself anyway, i would have great pleaser in doing so im so excited , will need provisions of pituri for walkabout!

Edited by black

I think i may need one of these in a couple years time :P

Its interesting

there are several antibalding compounds already

but much of it is genetics

a programe of the herb would assit regrowth but what happens afterwards?

maybe the plant is toxic over the long term

Baldness of course is only a problem of perception and grooming

you can make bald look goofy if you live in denial or very unsexy by grief and low self esteem

or you can realise you are all man, adjust image accordingly and strut

baldness is after all often a visual indication of higher testosterone levels

Apart from stopping glare, hair sux anyway

it only cost u money. makes you look untidy and does nothing for the head that a hat or sunscreen cant - yet you cant take it off in a heatwave

When i copped a nice recedo around the age of 24 I assumed it was from fucking too much - an old lady once told me that men go bald as a result of releasing too much of their sexual energies ;)

I think i may need one of these in a couple years time :P

Mate just move to mainland china - combovers there are big business - we saw some very elaborate ones - one dude had what looked like a beahive on his head. We had to get off our plane and it was very windy outside. My brother in law and i watched as this dude tried to tilt his head in a funny way, only to have the big beehive start to unravel - by the time the wind had had its way his hair was about 2 feet long and all from one side of his head - he had combed it around three times over his head to a point on the top.

Imagine pulling a bird and then having her wake up with that next to her - surprise surprise!

ANother dude i knew at work had such an elaborate combover that it had a fringe which was just a kink in the hair brushed forward - you couldnt tell until the gel started to shrink towards the end of the day and you could see that you could get a ruler and just lift the whole thing up!

Or you could just keep it short and normal... ;)

I've already got a nice recedo at the age of 21, but you can't really tell cause I'v got long dreads heh, I havent paid for a haircut in around 8 years.

I don't think that i will ever get a combover, actually i will NEVER get one. I'd rather have hair like the singer from 1200 techniques (bald - with dreads) heh and most probably a hat.

Im kinda lucky seeing as my father was pretty bald at my age now.

They do get to you though, way too hot in summer but a little extra warmth in winter, ah and the itchyness..

I've already got a nice recedo at the age of 21,

funny that. Anywone here noticed drastic changes in physiology in short windows?

i can think of 2.

at 14 i stopped growing. not a cm since

and around 23 i got recedo. clumps fallin out. freaked me,and then it stopped. and my jaw filled out.

pic within a year showed me as boyish and then as mature. since then SFA has changed. i wonder what the next installment brings

it must be genetically programmed

so when do i become a silverback?

Yep that's why i grew Dread's to keep it all clumped together so that when it falls out its at least still atatched :)

does anyone have one of these baldness cure plants cultivating in their house at the moment?

or you can realise you are all man, adjust image accordingly and strut

lmao, exactly, you don't have to spend money on the plants, just invest in a head buffer.

"uhh Homer did you shine your head in the shine-o-ball-o??"

a unresearched uniqe australian desert baldness cure im on my to the desert now ! o roo

ill order an ounce of it!!

i heard once that an aboriginal elder knew the cure for baldness, alas the secret died with him.

bummer!

cmon guys

its biochemistry in action not black magic

medicinal plants affect biochemical mechanisms which effect change

its all going to be subject to pharmacokinetic rules same as any other drug

and when we understand the mechanisms behind baldness we can start to fine tune the search for baldness 'curing' or blocking drugs

from what we know of balding already it seems finding a magic bullet is highly implausible

and both drastically acting and slowly acting drugs could have troublesome side affects as they affect sex hormone levels and conversions

and if you stop having the inhibitor in the system then the effects reverse and the hair starts to fall out again

think of it like the Pill except its not ovulation being delayed but follicle shrinkage and senescence

ok so dream on. i just see that there are such things as diseases that are solvable by magic chemotherapy and then there are those that arent realy diseases at all but the normal unfolding of the genetic code and its usually best not to get in the way and learn to change your mind instead of your body.

man, i started to get some recede when i was 16 (of all ages, right in the PEAK of teenage confusion and insecurity) but it wasn't too bad, my hair was fairly shaggy so it only really showed when it was windy or my hair was wet.

i asked my mum and althought she thought it was a bad idea to mess with the natural flow of things (wise ole mum :) ) i went to the doctor and got a prescription for 'propetia', which are these once a day tablets. it completely stopped the hairloss and i actually got a whole bunch of regrowth, but man! did it screw with my hormones.

my libido went up, down, sideways, i was actually SINCERELY asexual for a good 6 months or so. no desires what so ever. i would much rather do my painting or play morrowind than get busy with my lass of the time.

i lost that partner because of that, as you would imagine :P

and when the libido went the other way again, arg, man did it suck :P i'm normally a gentleman, and incredibly polite to all my female associates, but during that period i was putting in 400% to get as many shags as possible.

i've stopped taking them for a year or 2 now, and everything is back to normal on the hormonal front.

i don't really give a shite about my hair, i've got a lovely lass who loves my hair and actually dreadlocked it for me, and whilst i havn't seen any noticeable recurrance of hairloss, it could be because it's locked now.

either way, if i loose it all on top, ill just grow a big long crazy beard and say it decided to do the wise-man-shuffle down my face and take up camp on my chin :)

what looks wiser and more respectable than a big long head of hair with the top missing with a beard to match, anyhow? accept it and live with it, it's only as unattractive and bad as you feel/brill cream it over :)

getafixb.jpg

Edited by eddy

I don't think that i will ever get a combover, actually i will NEVER get one. I'd rather have hair like the singer from 1200 techniques (bald - with dreads) heh and most probably a hat.

Im kinda lucky seeing as my father was pretty bald at my age now.

They do get to you though, way too hot in summer but a little extra warmth in winter, ah and the itchyness..

Bald with dreads hehe, My old man is bald also Very lol looking back at photos of him 20+ years ago its hard to imagine him with crazy long hair, i think thats why i got dreads haha try n thicken up my head of hair, and Dods the itchyness.... :rolleyes:

maybe when it starts to happen my dreads will be long enough for a comb over.... :P

I can't say I really give a shit, I've been receding now for 2 years and although its not bad it is going, oh well these things happen, besides I'm a drummer and most of those I know are completely bald, not that that has anything to do with it just an odd coincidence

Hey Guys (non-gender-specific),

Just thought I'd chime in with my 0.02. I went MPB in high-school, hair looking tragic by uni (although I still had it long... kinda Michael Bolton-y, only cooler). The solution is simple, free, painless, and requires no chemicals - shave yer head! If you're going to be bald anyway, then it may as well be on your terms, eh? I get compliments from people even now, years after first shaving my head. True it doesn't suit everyone - but I'm not exactly text-book shaven-head material - definately don't have a strong chin (mighty goatee though).

Anyway, just a 'solution' I noticed hadn't been mentioned yet.

Also, watch Fear and Loathing and see Johnny Depp's Hunter S. Thomson... not sure what my point is though - he does look kinda goofy :-P

Best,

NP.

Forgive me bringing up an oldish thread but i was wondering what people thought about the merrits of using things such as magnets around the skull to improve the flow of blood. Good old television brought this to the fore front of my mind this evening with a new "miracle" cure for facial lines, aparently these small magnets which are gold plated are placed around the face on pressure points. They had some cool thermal imaging pictures of the face after it had had the magnets on it for one night, the difference was quite noticable, weather you beleive television or not its up to you.

i lub u tv dont worry what the bad people say

Mostly bollocks, pseudo-science, shamsters, con-artists and overall horse-shit.

But if you believe then the placebo effect can do you marvels.

if i were to address baldness as a problem id have to look at obesity, wrinkles, skin tone and so on. way too much work for little reward. im more interested in presenting myself well to the likes of Sacha Runa and i dont think a combover and a corset is going to do squat in that regard.

:lol:

aaaahahahahahah aaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

You're morals are good big B! :lol:

Mostly bollocks, pseudo-science, shamsters, con-artists and overall horse-shit.

But if you believe then the placebo effect can do you marvels.

Strong electro magnets have been used by vets in the racing industry for decades to mentarily improve condition on injured joints of race horses, so I have the feeling there is at least some truth to the concept. However, most magnets are simply not strong enough to reach these capacities and hence the products themselves are bogus.

but then again...... in about 1990 I chipped a piece of my funny bone by impating it on the pavement. I was in a sling for 3 months and could not use the arm for another 6 months. After this time I went to physio to straighten my arm again and to regain soem muscles, but whenever I did any excercise my arm would swell up like a football in various tones of red, purple and blue. It was at this point (my 5th set of x-rays) that they found a small fragment of the bone had chipped off and was lodged where it shouldn't be. The prognosis was an operation to get the chip out. I procrastinated, but was constantly reminded that as soon as I did any work for one day I would be out of action for another 4 or 5.

That's when someone recommended the magnets. I got an elbow piece for about $200 (it was a brand new concept then) and put it on every day. While work would still cause swelling, the swelling would subside within a few hours and no bruising would result as long as I put the magnets on straight after work. If I forgot then I would pay the price by being out of action for 3 days or more.

It wasn't just a marginal improvement, but rather dramatic and I retested the results every few weeks. Sure, it could have been placebo, but that's a bit unlikely with such obvious symptoms as extensive visible bruising. So yeah, for this particular condition (which is the same one it is used for on horses) I am sold on the effects of magnets.

ventigo vermilias ( sulpel jack vine tree) CENTRAL DESERT , the root and bark boiled in water is reputed to cure baldness !!!!!!!!!!!! now i know its growing in alice springs but i think it grows in inland queensland , can any one ether get me a sampel ,get some seed ,or is any one close to one of these babys , i read it grows inland from the whit sundays QLD i wish to grow this baby , at worst(AT WORST HA) i have to go for a trip to the the desert , if so would any one be intersted in informing with a list of species for me to collect seed from and the times thay are ready for seed collection for the community and myself anyway, i would have great pleaser in doing so im so excited , will need provisions of pituri for walkabout!

Lol my dad will be happy. HAHA dad I'm going to beat your gene's with my shamanic ways HAHAHAHA

eclipta alba is simple to grow...taken internally & cooked into sesame oil for external massage..best to keep the hair short for easiest application. brahmi/amla oil is also used (avoid cheap indian store brands).

i assume these natural remedies (along with quite a few others) owe part of their action to 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor compounds. the sesame oil (especially black sesame), or sometimes coconut oil is nourishing and has antibacterial properties to help prevent dandruff & folliculitis, which also contribute. plus linoleic acid has been shown to prevent testosterone->DHT also. the application increases circulation, reduces stress & aids sleep.

diet / stress reduction is really important too of course & avoiding products that dry out the scalp and leave residue (most of them)

arent there reports of sliced peyote buttons rubbed on to bald patches? :)

Edited by coin