The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

LSD no days simply ISNT LSD

these names aren't just made up. They are logically derived via various systems. However I have come across many such illogical names and in most cases they are simnply made up by people who do not know about these naming conventions.

A few years ago I came across some liquid that was offered to me as LSD26. The story that came along with the supplier was that this stuff was much better than LSD25 and hence it was called LSD26. This was a mullum/nimbin thing. I had a look at the 26th compound Hofmann made and it was not very active, so I dismissed the naming as just another mullum myth. I never bothered to get any because anyone using such crap for marketing should not be trusted.

Add a few years and now we have LSD27. I guess LSD26 just wasn't good enough

My guess is that it is probably just LSD25 and that the numbering has replaced the stupid myths like 'double dipped'. There will always be new marketing ploys....

I know that the person that offered it to me was in social contact with Sasha, so maybe he was the one who later asked him about LSD27?

Also, 10 years ago there wasn't much of an experimental drug culture. RC's were pretty much unheard of. If something did not sound like a familiar drug then it could not be sold well. People would sell methcathinone as MDA, 2CB as MDMA, etc and drugs had to be cut to street quality because no one would pay more for purity. After all 1g of meth was presumed to be 1g of meth rather than 100mg of meth and lots of glucose :rolleyes:

Anyone putting out a new ergot derivative and trying to sell it in large quantities would not have been able to call it by any of the 3-6 letter acronyms that make people drool these days. It would have had to be called something your average Joe was familiar with. But you also don't want to blend in with the rest too much. So calling it LSD with an incremented number would be a logical way of marketing.

Well ive been proven incredibly wrong with this argument and the point of this post.

Its out there alright! I was just going to the wrong street corners...

Ouch!

[ 11. July 2005, 02:47: Message edited by: bluemeanie ]

IMHO its just about always out there, its just about who ya know and who ya dont.

Im so glad you found what you were searching for Bluemeanie, "seek and ye shall find" eh.. :P

Ahhh THIS discussion.

I have consumed 5-MEO-AMT and feel I can say it does not really bear enough resemblence to LSD or recent street acid blotter.

My personal speculative theory is identical to that expressed by Torsten. Inactive/partially active side-products become active alongside LSD.

I am no chemist.

To tell you the truth a lot of what you are saying is going ver my head.

This is what i know from my personal experience.

I have seen people buying BLANK sheets of dilberts last summer off the net. Thus, pictures (thanks tort) mean shit.

This being said, anyone who took the homers that came through in sydney KNOWS they were acid...I know the batch i recieved was anyway.

One other thing, i don't understand why people would bother manufacturing 5-meo-amt blotters when it would be cheaper to by wholesale acid? I'm assuming it would be cheaper. Could well be wrong

A quote from TiHKAL:

quote:

The term LSD comes from the initials of the German for lysergic acid diethylamide, or Lysersäure Diethylamid. The number "25" following it has many myths attached to it, such as it was the 25th form of LSD that Hofmann tried, or it was his 25th attempt to make LSD. From my own experience with chemical companies that are allied with pharmaceutical houses, I had assumed that the chemical name (which might be a mouthful for the pharmacologist) was simply replaced with a pronounceable code number equivalent. But the answer here is yet simpler. Hofmann, in his LSD, My Problem Child wrote: "In 1938, I produced the twenty fifth substance in a series of lysergic acid derivatives: lysergic acid diethylamide, abbreviated LSD-25 ... for laboratory usage."

id just be happy if i could get any!!!!!

quote:

id just be happy if i could get any!!!!!

Acid, or *ahem* something else?

acid would be great, but if ur offering benzito!!!

Although it demonstrated that i was sorta right - the difference between the stuff i tried recently compared with the dodgy shit is unbelievable!

Yeh BM a report would be awesome :)

the problem i find with it being 5meoAMT is,

although alot of similarities in feeling etc occur

5meo has ALWAYS lasted a good 12-20hrs for me!

and the paper def does not!

yeah come on benzito :D bring some this way

apparently theres some liquid going around, cant wait to get me hands on some

let you all know how it goes soon

acid that is, but jeez love to find some good K

Report? Well i took two because i didnt expect much. Not long after, time stopped, I couldnt work out which one of a number of realities and personalities was real... Quite an interesting experience. And then, after what seemed like a huge period of bliss i realised that i had just encountered the longest two seconds of my life...

And in that two seconds i had been in bliss because everything was put in perspective- the infinite demonstrated the insignifance of things...

DIdnt expect

mesq: 'My main irritation was people like you who continue to whinge and complain on forums how there is no REAL LSD going around. This immediately implies that you are out of touch.'

My main irritation is with people like you who assume that they are in touch with 'the LSD situation in Australia', that they are in a situation that warrants their opinion being relevant to me - and yet describe their idea of an LSD experience which suggests otherwise...

Homer Simpson report...

Met up with my mate who shoved one of those mini sattie bags in my face.

It had tiny little eight balls on it.

"What the fuck is this?" I say

"Homers, dude." She says

"What?"

"Dude. Homer Simpson blotters" She says, exasperated

"Ohhhhhhh."

I look at my phone. it was only 10:40am. Didn't have to be home till 1:00am the next day. I look at the paper - a faded corner of Homer's head.

I drop at 10:30, sucking the bag after the tab was gone. Immediatly I realised how damn bitter it was (in my experience more bitter = better acid). This paper was hella bitter.

11:30 I meet with two of my mates no effects felt. We walk to "the bat cave" to smoke a bong. By the time we get to the Bat Cave its just after midday. I smoke three cones. and listen to some Yes. just before 1:00 pm I think I've been sold a dud.

Pissed off I walk to the park with my mates chatting and what not. then suddenly:

"Holy shit!" I yell to my mate "I forgot I had feet"

The Acid was starting to take hold. We had some more smoke and returned to the park. By this time I was buzzing. Full of energy. by about 3:30pm (I think) I remeber losing my sense of size. I remember sitting at the waterfall near my house trying to put my shoes on, and having a very hard time...

"Whats wrong?" one of my mates said

"I have lost the ability to percieve size!" I said promptly after chuckling like a madman.

then at about 4:00 the peak started. I was looking into the clouds and seeing huge skulls dive within metres of my panicked face. Then the best part of the trip. While listening to "Eclispe" by Floyd I see Abraham Lincoln on a chair telling me to "chillax" These calmed me somewhat and the peak slowly began to subside.

By about 8:00pm I was at a party, the trip was still there but quite diminshed. By misnight the trip was gone but I was buzzed as hell. I ended up staying up most of the night with my delightful redheaded friend drinking tequila and playing Super Mario World on Super Nintendo.

This was an outrageous day. I am fairly confident what I consumed was Acid.

Of course this story is fictional. I don't use drugs. :D

Super Mario - always fun...

i remember in a land far far away, i had only had half a T (in the mid 90's) i spent almost 10 hours on my pc playing fucking sim city 2000,

it was preatty hard from memory, but most enjoyable being consumed by your own city, i knew i was the mayor!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

then came the game mesiah wooooouuuuuh

I never expected the psychedelic colours of mario sunshine

quote:

- INTELLIGENCE ALERT -

MULTI-INGREDIENT COLD MEDICINES USED

TO PRODUCE METHAMPHETAMINE

[From the NDIC Narcotics Digest Weekly 2005;4(17):1

Unclassified, Reprinted with Permission.]

Forensic chemists at the Washington State Patrol (WSP) Crime Laboratory in Marysville, supported by a grant awarded by the National Institute of Justice, recently proved that various over-the-counter, multi-ingredient cold medicines can be used to produce methamphetamine.

WOW , they just work this out ? American intelligence is just so cutting edge...