The Corroboree
altenate

Death due to misadventure after ingesting a synthetic drug!

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/teen-plunges-to-his-death-after-taking-drug-20130606-2nrpe.html

Not the most trust worthy of news sources but at least they mention it may be synthetic LSD, as opposed to LSD.

Whatever synthetic means!? in regards to LSD?!

Poor kid.

Edited due to poorly thought out topic!

Edited by altenate

maybe bromo-dragonfly?

Why is this a synthetic death? Did he land on synthetic lawn or sumthing? This is the only way it could be. Otherwise, I'd consider it a falling death, tragic and unfortunate yes, but c'mon FFS people die like this all the time, seems it's not news unless u take an illegal drug before u do it.

• Like 3

In another case in South Australia last year, a man who had taken the drug died from injuries sustained when he repeatedly ran into trees, power poles and other fixed objects.

i know i shouldn't laugh but this just sounds hilarious.

• Like 2

but on a serious note it's clear that the only way to stop this is to ban the internet.

• Like 1

“Anyone who is considering experimenting with illicit or synthetic drugs should stop to consider the possible consequences and not do it. It’s a gamble with your life that’s just not worth taking.”

prohibition and the war on drugs kills another kid

• Like 6

really? but on that one they specifically say that it isn't LSD and probably one of the 25x series :scratchhead:

really? but on that one they specifically say that it isn't LSD and probably one of the 25x series :scratchhead:

I know, the article itself in some places has concessions. The SMH article is better written and more factual.

“Anyone who is considering experimenting with illicit or synthetic drugs should stop to consider the possible consequences and not do it. It’s a gamble with your life that’s just not worth taking.”

i cant think when i am sober :wacko:

• Like 2

So, he thought he could fly. Can't help thinking of Bill Hicks' routine.

• Like 2

Holy crap! $1.50 ???

I'm starting to worry myself about this stuff. It's time we legalized safe drugs and strongly regulated synthetics. Things are getting out of CONTROL

I mean seriously, the amount of stuff out there now is huge. I mean, less people die of accidental mushroom poisoning by a long way, and cannabis never fucked me up as bad as Bill from Townsville.

We should really push for legalization and regulation before too many kids get messed up.

Who knows what the long term effects will be?

• Like 1

Holy crap! $1.50 ???

let's all just remember that these are news limited articles.

not exactly the last bastion of honest journalism.

"Unfortunately it is rather cheap"

Well, should have regulated the old ones then, made a fortune out of them, now your stupid policies are killing kids.

"It's very difficult, we can't be in everyone's lounge rooms"

It's only a matter of time, for your children's protection, that we install cameras in everyone's lounge rooms.

Hey, what about we monitor the Interwebs without telling everyone? We can install cameras in everyone's computers too...

• Like 2

apparently caused a bit of a stir this one.

aren't nbome's illegal already under the analogue act?

synthetic LSD

the worst kind!

• Like 1

aren't nbome's illegal already under the analogue act?

Only under the federal act which is rarely applied and usually only to supply rather than possession. The state analogues clause in NSW does not cover this one. It is also not covered under vic and WA state laws it seems.

Sounds to me like they haven't a clue what he took.

Maybe he was just huffing petrol,... therefore we'll ban almost everything. :wacko:

Only under the federal act which is rarely applied and usually only to supply rather than possession. The state analogues clause in NSW does not cover this one. It is also not covered under vic and WA state laws it seems.

hey torsten, hows that work,

25i nbone is like saying 3ci

and i know 2ci is directly listed on the import rules, so how isnt 3ci an analogue of 2ci

hey torsten, hows that work,

25i nbone is like saying 3ci

and i know 2ci is directly listed on the import rules, so how isnt 3ci an analogue of 2ci

The NSW analogues clause is VERY specific aout what is in or out.

what import rules are you referring to? not that they are relevant in this state drug issue, but would still like to know.

The temporary bans they are applying seem to be only to brand names not chemicals and relate to spice as far as I can tell from the news stories. I really doubt anyone is selling nbome in shops, they'd get arrested.

Sounds to me like they haven't a clue what he took.

Maybe he was just huffing petrol,... therefore we'll ban almost everything. :wacko:

I don't think the media are reporting specific chemical names in order to stop unwanted attention and trying to stop users searching it out specifically.