The Corroboree
myco

Lophophora williamsii illegal in W.A.

unfortunately you'll probly see this somewhere in the news atleast the W.A. people

as the officer said it wouldn't surprise him if there was some media coverage as its such an uncommon thing

I really hope not but they made a pretty big deal out of the guy from around here who got caught with a tiny bit of DMT because they had supposedly never found it before

I asked the officer is this anything to do with the new laws that were sposed to be coming he said no that this law has been in place for a long time

its strange because from what they said it comes under the whole any plant that contains a prohibited drug is automatically prohibited

isn't this exactly what the new laws are ?

I asked if he was going to start digging up all the native wattles aswell to wich he replied as far as I know theres nothing illegal in wattles

If the news crew turn up, tell them to do a story on how the police are turning a blind eye to superstores like Bunnings & Masters selling illegal cacti & how the government are going to put 100's if not 1000's of native nursery growers out of business or a least turn them into criminals!!

• Like 2

Myco, this is terrible.

were these uniformed constables, plain clothes drug squad, other?

I can't find anything on this scheduling for plants, but I do remember watching a news item about the current WA govt. When they came into power at the last election they made a point of changing the possesion for cannabas laws...they insisted on toughening up the previous labour governments "relaxed, soft drug laws".

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/tough-new-cannabis-laws-for-wa-20110717-1hjq2.html

extract quote: Under the new laws, someone caught with more than 10 grams of cannabis, rather than the 30g under the previous law, will face a penalty of $2000 or two years in jail, or both.

So that was to come into affect on 1 August 2011...my guess would be that this was also when they decided to schedule mescaline bearing cacti .. :angry:

Edited by space cadet swami

Did they obtain any details of those you have been trading plants with with ??

SAB PM's, emails, FB ?

This is huge. The first case of it's kind i am led to believe ?

• Like 1

i dont know anything about Wa law, but talk to a lawyer mate. Pm torsten and ask for his advice. There is a chance the police have fucked up and apart from a smoking implement and a bit of weed your all good. Im not sure but pm torsten he will prolly know how you stand

• Like 8

Your Loph's are weeds in WA. So they are illeagle (ish).

I wasnt aware of any other cacti mentioned here as being illeagle with the exception of you intending to consume.

^ yeah but that would have the Dept.of Agriculture visiting, not the cops.

• Like 1

damn sorry to hear man. fwiw i jsut checked vic laws as best i could and they appear to remain unchanged, so don't go shredding your garden just yet amz

• Like 1

Did they go after ur computer at all myco..?

I would think if it was linked to to any possile trading via the internet, they would seize ur computer as well .. :scratchhead: .

damn sorry to hear man. fwiw i jsut checked vic laws as best i could and they appear to remain unchanged, so don't go shredding your garden just yet amz

I said flog (as in sell), not shred,lol. Sounds like this is a law that could do a ninja on any state ?! .

Edited by Amazonian

oh theres been some tears mate don't worry about that

they took my variegated lophs and my crested lophs

Edited by myco

u pissed any one off!!! coz thats the only way pigs would know?? or ya selling on ebay?? or telling friends that have friends u have drug plants???

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

they wanted to take my computers but I insisted that its very unlikely that theres anything on there I got my main laptop on for them and opened my email wich has nothing in there

one of them had a look through there for a little while but they didn't take any of my computers in the end and theres 4 laptops here

what I was told and showed was a printout of the "misuse of drugs act" listing mescaline

wich says any plant containing mescaline is deemed illegal

• Like 1

I'm really sad to hear of your plight myco. :(

u pissed any one off!!! coz thats the only way pigs would know?? or ya selling on ebay?? or telling friends that have friends u

have drug plants???

sorry quoted my own hahah sorry carry fucken on

Edited by bullit

its becoming pretty obvious that its due to some packages confiscated by customs

although the officer denied this

Edited by myco

Ill help you rebuild your collection Myco. Just find a safe haven !

you had one of the best collections in Australia. Plants that prized are not consumed

• Like 1

Good chance of that, each agency is required to inform any other reliant agency or authority if they have intelligence that relates to them. So it doesnt matter if it were Customs, WAQIS or the AFP if any of them notice a state issue they are supposed to inform the reliant authority.

Not that it always happens, but its supposed to.

• Like 2

International customs, or WA quarantine?

Edited by gilligan

qoute from the poisons act...that relates to the drug misuse act.

"prohibited plant means any plant from which a drug of addiction may be obtained, derived or manufactured, or such other plant as the Governor declares and is hereby authorised to declare from time to time to be a prohibited plant for the purposes of this Act; and includes any part of such a plant, except in the case of the plant Papaver somniferum, the non-viable seed of that plant; "

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/pco/prod/FileStore.nsf/Documents/MRDocument:24808P/$FILE/PoisonsAct1964-09-d0-00.pdf?OpenElement

sorry I need to make it clear I always say the wrong thing

it was aquis not customs that had the packages

Edited by myco

qoute from the poisons act...that relates to the drug misuse act.

"prohibited plant means any plant from which a drug of addiction may be obtained, derived or manufactured, or such other plant as the Governor declares and is hereby authorised to declare from time to time to be a prohibited plant for the purposes of this Act; and includes any part of such a plant, except in the case of the plant Papaver somniferum, the non-viable seed of that plant; "

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/pco/prod/FileStore.nsf/Documents/MRDocument:24808P/$FILE/PoisonsAct1964-09-d0-00.pdf?OpenElement

that's it that's exactly what I was showed

• Like 1

bunch of chair sniffing shit heads.

fuck australia.

• Like 5