The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Sep. 11th... A decade later.

It's been 10 years of war. Osama and Saddam are dead. It's time for this war to be over. I would like to see the U.S. and it's allies pull troops out of any and all countries their forces are occupying except their own. If the powers that be decide we must keep fighting I'd like to see an air/drone war with a "no troops on the group" policy, but really I'd like to see what happens to the world if the U.N. has no interference with other nations that don't want their help, advice or commands.Let's stop the violence by setting a good example and sticking to true American principals and act only upon our values, not upon greed, nor anger, nor pride. Let us think slowly when deciding to act with deadly force, let us feel sorrow and have mercy for our enemy as we hope they would have for us. Let us, us young Americas, us peaceful Americas set an example of amity for the entire world. What if we made each Sep. 11 a day for world peace each year? Just one day a year, one day where no man took the life of another. What if we saved lives with just our voice and our ideas on a day so many lives were lost? Each September 11th let us remember those who lost their lives, let us remember the horror of war and let us turn the other cheek, let us choice the path of peace!

God bless America. God bless the people of every nation. God bless all the people of this world.

• Like 1

well said i love the idea of sept 11 being a day of world peace

sticking to true American principals and act only upon our values

well, the USA has kind of always been at war

Our nation was plundered

our land is itself loot from various wars

all of the freedom in the USA comes from taking away the freedom of others

History says it all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

even when war was not declared or official, we were engaged in it

the slide action pistol was an American invention

so is the atomic bomb

war is an American past time

like baseball and apple pie

Edited by Archaea
  • Like 3

I was reluctantly in a mega-mall centre earlier and saw the front page of a Sunday paper, the headlines basically said something along the lines of terrorists flying into the US on September 11th 2011 (ie TODAY) and that there should be a heightened state of caution amongst everyone.

It took my Mrs five minutes to calm me down. Seriously, 10 years on, I don't know why they need to keep the fear alive in the hearts of many. FUCK ! The 'memorial journalism' in the past week is bad enough, and I'm sure the residents of Manhatten don't need to be told that there's some imminent threat on the anniversary, especially when its 99% likely to be fucking bullshit.

It was pointed out to me earlier in the week a few stories in the trashy mainstream print media.

1. The heroic canines of 9/11. Yes, that's right, one of Australia's popular newspapers is reporting, as news, with a 'where are they now' 3/4 page story on those brave, selfless doggies.

2. Another one was one man's sadness at being unable to grieve for his dead lover, because he's still with his wife ! Oh how terrorism has scarred the adulterous !

Great Chomsky Al Jazeera article: Chomsky: 9/11 - was there an alternative?

^^This is about the only 9/11 thing I have taken note of in the last week. Brilliant article.

As Psylo Dread said, the 'memorial journalism' has completely been on the nose in the last week or so. I just have to switch off and ignore it, or the hypocrisy eats me up inside.

Nice idea Teo regarding 9/11 being a world peace day...I'm sure cable networks in the US would sponsor it without a hint of irony. :wink:

Nice idea. Altough I doubt it will be anytime soon. History has a tendecy to repeat itself.......too much dumb extremist fucks on both sides. hehe,... too much tension in a narrow mind.

hahaha -

crusades, jihads,... sword hacking missile launching, ak-wielding, rpglaunching - it's too much of a rush not to do it,...

I started a thread about a world peace day that didn't get much traffic, there's a guy that's been organising one.

Yeah I've seen that TED talk, he does his on like Sep. 26th or something right?

I say we re-frame Sep. 11th as a day of peace instead of a day of sorrow. I think it'd be more effective.

It's been 10 years of war. Osama and Saddam are dead. It's time for this war to be over. I would like to see the U.S. and it's allies pull troops out of any and all countries their forces are occupying except their own. If the powers that be decide we must keep fighting I'd like to see an air/drone war with a "no troops on the group" policy, but really I'd like to see what happens to the world if the U.N. has no interference with other nations that don't want their help, advice or commands.Let's stop the violence by setting a good example and sticking to true American principals and act only upon our values, not upon greed, nor anger, nor pride. Let us think slowly when deciding to act with deadly force, let us feel sorrow and have mercy for our enemy as we hope they would have for us. Let us, us young Americas, us peaceful Americas set an example of amity for the entire world. What if we made each Sep. 11 a day for world peace each year? Just one day a year, one day where no man took the life of another. What if we saved lives with just our voice and our ideas on a day so many lives were lost? Each September 11th let us remember those who lost their lives, let us remember the horror of war and let us turn the other cheek, let us choice the path of peace!

God bless America. God bless the people of every nation. God bless all the people of this world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead people can't speak.

How many safe guard failures were turned off by the 8 year Bush CEO oil presedential rule before 9/11, many environmental and political.

All the terrorists were Saudi Arabian so a free pass [not investigated by the FBI] as the Bush oil guys were playing kiss ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia

Not the worse part of a failure of leadership, more 6,000 casualitys all that dust from the buildings which was never tested, could have had better filters, so 6,000 more casualitys from rescue workers and the New York mayor should have prevented that but to busy standing on a hill of dead for a photo TV just like Bush.

So I blame the entire thing on the terrorist [who are not moslems but geological military politicals just like capitalists and communists]] and the U.S, politicals [bush] who have the lying capacity to speak for the dead on a mountain of dead[iraq and Afghanistan] He will have to talk to the dead and saying i didn't know anything is not going to work for the puppet.

Edited by devance
  • Like 1

journalism is dead

• Like 1

[journalism is dead]Not with a cell phone camera.

If caught you are a spy.

Just making every everybody in the U.S. as now you prove you are not.

I think the ruler just wants how bad the slave population accept

Journalism, protected from so far,

http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/homeland-security

http://www.homelandsecurity.alabama.gov/

http://www.governor.state.tx.us/homeland

This thread isn't about 9/11 conspiracy theory. In the sense of having a day of peace I don't care who did it if we can just all stop killing each other for one day!

• Like 2

I don't care who did it if we can just all stop killing each other for one day!

Killing is business - they dont take days off. Wars dont stop, they change markets and locations.

911 should be a day of demanding investigation because there are too many unanswered questions and lack of fair independant trials and commissions. It should be called out for what it is - a money making sham that led to subsequent illegal wars throughout the middle east and radical changes to western civilisations legal and financial infrastructure.

bankers3.jpg

So, that's the Bank Of England, the European Central Bank and the US Federal Reserve all spoken for. It goes almost without saying that those who control a nation's finances control the nation itself. Bonus points if you know what these people have in common.

"There are two ways to enslave a nation. One is with the Sword. The other is with Debt."

Adam Smith (1723 - 1790), "inventor" of Capitalism

Edited by botanika
  • Like 4

This thread isn't about 9/11 conspiracy theory. In the sense of having a day of peace I don't care who did it if we can just all stop killing each other for one day!

Lets have good hug and will all go away for a day?

And the

9/11 conspiracy theory

was a analysis.

So have a good hug and get rid of nuclear political military.

• Like 2

devance: watch the video in post #7. A cease fire day is potentially more than a symbolic gesture. It can be a little crack in the wall that can get a fair bit of practical shit done in war-torn areas. A day like this, that is planned for in advance (crucially), allows healthcare workers to get vast amounts of stuff done, allows refugees and would-be refugees to get a safer head start on moving to a new location and at very least, gives those in these areas a good ol' break to catch their breath. It's not about stopping all wars for ever, it's just a public holiday for the bullet-dodging populations of the world. It may not be much, but it's something.

Edited by Marcel

devance: watch the video in post #7. A cease fire day is potentially more than a symbolic gesture. It can be a little crack in the wall that can get a fair bit of practical shit done in war-torn areas. A day like this, that is planned for in advance (crucially), allows healthcare workers to get vast amounts of stuff done, allows refugees and would-be refugees to get a safer head start on moving to a new location and at very least, gives those in these areas a good ol' break to catch their breath. It's not about stopping all wars for ever, it's just a public holiday for the bullet-dodging populations of the world. It may not be much, but it's something.

Thanks Marcel.

Would you have liked too be the president or just the vice president around him.

Would you have liked too be the president or just the vice president around him.

Wha? I don't get it.

posterremakebyedv2.jpg Edited by Mr_PinK

posterremakebyedv2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth is stranger than fiction -The puppet handler.

The vice president VICE PRES. CHENEY,

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/bush/cheneymeetthepress.htm

On Guantanamo

The important thing here to understand is that the people that are at Guantanamo are bad people. I mean, these are terrorists for the most part.

[1]

It's a tougher program for tougher customers.

Talking about the administration's treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo \\

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/bush/cheneymeetthepress.htm

Well, I think we are still in the final stages of diplomacy, obviously. That’s one of the main reasons for the president’s meeting today with the British and Spanish prime ministers in the Azores. But there’s no question but what we’re close to the end, if you will, of the diplomatic efforts. We have done virtually everything we can with respect to trying to organize a second resolution in the U.N. Security Council. And, clearly, the president is going to have to make a very, very difficult and important decision here in the next few days.

9/11 is a ritualistic day of HUMAN SACRAFICE!!! Ancient history has documented this.

In my opinion it will never be a day of peace as this is a Holy creusade (my spelling is shit)

Obama reading from the bible on that day and JW pretending he cares. When he and Chaney had to confront the 9/11 commission held by all there buddies to ask the questions and it will never be relase to the public.

It is document that the Taliban leaders meet in America and were sent back to Afganistan which was a ohh's we fucked up again in a homer simpson voice.

People believe TV more and more these days it is said. Go get your daily programming as that is what it is doing, programing our minds.

The people of Iraq and Afganistan have sufferd more than any 9/11 victom as there countries are war zones. And who profits off war! Military companies all America, this seems a bit fishy.

How could this be a day of peace when american doesnt have enough money to support it own people but it supports weapons companies and War

Politics is bull shit and I don't get involved, I only listen to Hack on Triple J that about it for me.

They need to please Molic the god of the deamons that requires human sacrifics to satisfy the power they need to control the world.

I know this sounds far fethced but I have done my research and I will say this will never be a day for world peace, instead they would do another attack on the same day to start a world war.

Go USA, thanks for fucking up the economy and slowing making the world a shitter place, rape, pillage and kill innocents thats the way of the USA! Has been since Veitnam. No one won the war expect the comapnies that profitrf from it.

The paper trail leads you to the companies that love war as it is there business.

Most people I have meet from Iraq and Arab countries are more friendly that those neo nazi god loving americans.

Sorry Teotz but most americans are dumbasses and war moungers

Good luck in fixing your economy, everything happend for a reason and 9/11 took alot of our rights away as we are all potential terrorists and it made the every Muslims/Islamic people like they were labeled terrorist. With comments that were made after 9/11 by so called leaders that label people something they are not. Look at old statements from JW and friends. In one interview JW said the work Terrorist 60 times- bit of brain washing it sounds like to me.

Sad but true, you be the judge and investigate for yourself please

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1

9/11 is a ritualistic day of HUMAN SACRAFICE!!! Ancient history has documented this.

In my opinion it will never be a day of peace as this is a Holy creusade (my spelling is shit)

Obama reading from the bible on that day and JW pretending he cares. When he and Chaney had to confront the 9/11 commission held by all there buddies to ask the questions and it will never be relase to the public.

It is document that the Taliban leaders meet in America and were sent back to Afganistan which was a ohh's we fucked up again in a homer simpson voice.

People believe TV more and more these days it is said. Go get your daily programming as that is what it is doing, programing our minds.

The people of Iraq and Afganistan have sufferd more than any 9/11 victom as there countries are war zones. And who profits off war! Military companies all America, this seems a bit fishy.

How could this be a day of peace when american doesnt have enough money to support it own people but it supports weapons companies and War

Politics is bull shit and I don't get involved, I only listen to Hack on Triple J that about it for me.

They need to please Molic the god of the deamons that requires human sacrifics to satisfy the power they need to control the world.

I know this sounds far fethced but I have done my research and I will say this will never be a day for world peace, instead they would do another attack on the same day to start a world war.

Go USA, thanks for fucking up the economy and slowing making the world a shitter place, rape, pillage and kill innocents thats the way of the USA! Has been since Veitnam. No one won the war expect the comapnies that profitrf from it.

The paper trail leads you to the companies that love war as it is there business.

Most people I have meet from Iraq and Arab countries are more friendly that those neo nazi god loving americans.

Sorry Teotz but most americans are dumbasses and war moungers

Good luck in fixing your economy, everything happend for a reason and 9/11 took alot of our rights away as we are all potential terrorists and it made the every Muslims/Islamic people like they were labeled terrorist. With comments that were made after 9/11 by so called leaders that label people something they are not. Look at old statements from JW and friends. In one interview JW said the work Terrorist 60 times- bit of brain washing it sounds like to me.

Sad but true, you be the judge and investigate for yourself please

9/11 is a ritualistic day of HUMAN SACRAFICE!!! Ancient history has documented this]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Talk-Bot

The Chatterbox Challenge (CBC) which began in 2001 is an annual contest for chatbots. It is unique in the fact that minimal restrictions are placed on the type of technology used in the creation of the bot. The competition begins in mid-March and finishes by the end of April. Botmasters from across the globe submit their chatbots for evaluation and competition. Every entered chat bot is asked a series of questions and scored on its responses by a set of independent judges. The top ten bots move to a final round where an additional series of questions is posed to the finalists. The winner is selected by the judges as the chatbot who has scored the highest from among the finalists. A number of the chatbots who have entered the competition in the past have become the foundation for commercial technologies.

• Like 1

I would prefer not to believe that anyone entrusted with the welfare of millions of humans, would orchestrate a mass-murder of them, and then use the resulting furore for waging war and privateering.

But when everything my engineering background tells me is "officially wrong", and the "respectable" rebuttals are objectively worse than the "fallacies" they are supposed to be rebutting - I'm left with little choice.

"Any plausible conspiracy would have to involve so many people that someone would have spoken up by now."

This is totally true - if you count 50 guys working out of a cave as many people. :P

Lastly, I find it extremely distressing that so much attention is lavished on those who have died an unfortunate and horrible death. But those who are slowly dying now (the rescuers whose lungs are destroyed for example) seem to be brushed aside. It seems that despite wanting to bring the memory with us into the future, it's not quite as important as fixing the damage.

...I'd like to see an air/drone war with a "no troops on the group" policy...
So the only people to die are innocent farmers and children in a distant nation? Bush Sr.'s war against iraq never ended, you know, that was a myth americans could believe in only because no troops were on the ground- we bombed that nation non-stop from the 'end' of the war all the way through the clinton administration, and into the shrub administration until the 'new' war started. Most americans didnt care enough to even know about that because 'our' troops werent at risk. Whats a few thousand rag heads ay?

We've been bombing pakistan for a decade, with the permission of pakistan since we're helping to kill off a race they perceive as 'inconvenient', americans are barely aware of it- it exists on the edge of our consciousness only because the paki government feels they must grumble now and then so their own people dont depose them. But whats a few thousand rag heads ay?

No, we should not be bombing other nations with impunity, gleefully blind to the carnage because 'our boys' arent in danger. We're killing untold tens of thousands of innocent people and making 3/4 of the planet our enemy, and for what? To keep nations destabilized so corporations can engourge themselves on the riches of the land by buying the pathetic remnants of those countries governments?

...Let's stop the violence by setting a good example and sticking to true American principals and act only upon our values, not upon greed, nor anger, nor pride.
I propose that as a frantic young culture blinded by our own ego and rampant hedonism- greed, anger, and pride are our values.

Look at our economic ideals. Not fair and equal trade but 'profit'. A system that invariably tries to exploit others to gain an unfair trade balance in all business dealings. Thats greed.

Look at the response america had to 9/11, americans were crying for blood before they even knew IF they were attacked, much less given a flimsy story about who might have done it. As soon as the second plane hit I heard people demanding we go to war with 'someone' and the usual assortment of AM radio bigots were saying we should attack iran because 'even if they werent involved they probably enjoyed it'. Closer to daily experience just watch people on the street, the slightest offence and americans are likely to respond with instant hostility, you cant go from contented to hostile in 1 second flat, you can only overtly express hostility that fast if you ave a running interior monologue of hostility. Thats anger.

Look at the voluminous writings on the 'myth of american exceptionalism' if your curious about pride.

No, people get angry at us because we as a nation do wrong. The cure for that is not simply paying kids from the ghetto, peruvians that want american citizenship, and other 'invisible' people to do the wrong where we ourselves cant see it. That just perpetuates the unbalanced and destructive habit.

...What if we made each Sep. 11 a day for world peace each year? Just one day a year, one day where no man took the life of another...
That would be a horror.

We would once again wrap ourselves in the delusion of our own moral superiority and rightness while casually continuing the system that murders more innocent people starting at the stroke of midnight and continuing for another 364 days while saying to ourselves 'why do people hate us? we're so enlightened we had a peace day! They must hate peace.'

Peace wont be brought about by a march or a speech or a day when we all hug fellow cocooned citizens and sing kum by ya on a grassy hill we 'liberated' by infecting its previous owners with smallpox. It'll only come one of two ways: either by fundamentally changing our cultures relationship to the world or by being so fully and completely defeated that we loose all memory of our cheeseburgers, SUV's, blind nationalism, and the myth we've been raised with saying we are the good guys and whoever attacked us was bad. Neither will happen any time soon.

• Like 3

Hahaha... this thread... LOL...