The Corroboree
basalamant

Psychadelic music recs?

Younger Brother just released a new album called Vaccine.

Giving it a listen now.. very chill.

Maybe it will grow on me.. not so thrilled.

Edited by niggles

dude, synchro, fucking good call man

liked your track too rab

If you're willing to spread your wings, so to speak, and move to psychedelic music outside of the goa/trance/psy/electronic beats idiom, I highly recommend the following:

- Stars of the Lid (Just recently discovered them; they're a contemporary ambient-drone sort of band. Incredible!)

- Balmorhea (Contemporary ambient-ish band similar to the above, but less droning.)

- Olafur Arnalds (Contemporary Icelandic composer with minimalist-classical sound, but with an electronic edge.)

- Klaus Schulze (German Krautrock from the 70's and 80's: minimalist electro psychedelia old skool style!)

- Popol Vuh (German Krautrock from the 70's-80's. The soundtrack to Herzog's "Heart of Glass" was made for (at times intense) tripping.)

- Morton Feldman (American 20th century composer. If you haven't tripped to his "Rothko Chapel", you've never really tripped at all. As close to God as you'll get.)

- Oregon and Paul Winter Consort (70's world-jazz bands. A million cultures and influences all in one song 30 years before Sphongle's "Divine Moments of Truth".)

- Ghazal ("The Rain" is the best album. Minimalist classical Indian music with a distinct Persian influence. Beautiful and heart-stirring stuff.)

Good thread, by the way!

stars of the lid are so fucking good, as is shulze, have either not heard of or not really listened to any of the others but you've got me interested now.

i think you should check out if you haven't already, tangerine dream - rubycon, 2 part album/track what ever you wanna call it, it's my favourite work of theirs by far.

and um.. check out autechre if you want though i'm not sure what direction to point you in.

also vladislav delay are excellent as is tim hecker

check out this if you like:

• Like 2

people say i'm a healer.

glad to help

but um, you owe me 50 bucks for the service.

If you dig psychedelic rock, Mars Volta will grind your crank no sweat.

Edited by FancyPants

FP speaks the truth. Omar Rodriguez's sideprojects are pretty nice too, if you don't mind a bit of a bit of hard frenetic latin freakout jazz

Heres a few of the better artists I can remember off the top of my head, all thrown in some loosely outlined genres for ya (I know I've missed a stack good ones, but I could keep on going for ever if I tried to include them all)

Enjoy! :D

Progressive psy

Neelix

Twilight

Liquid soul

Krama

Dark psy

Psychedelic rock & other

Psychedelic

The riddler

Tetrameth

Mental Extensions

Psytrance

Cosmic Tone

Psy / dub

Phutureprimitive

GOA

PharaOm

Space Tribe

Full On Psy

SynSun

Oldschool

Chill out

Asura

• Like 2

I'll keep adding to the list as I remember other good psychedelic artists :)

Edited by NGX285

stars of the lid are so fucking good,

x3. Music for insomnia :)

Anyone who also likes SOTL should also look at Brian McBride. He is one of the founding members of SOTL and releases solo projects every now and then.

Yup, Tim Hecker is good...I have to be in the right mood for him though.

Lots of good stuff on Kranky label.

Another good band is Belong. Released an album just recently, though it is a bit more drone it is still great.

x3. Music for insomnia :)

Anyone who also likes SOTL should also look at Brian McBride. He is one of the founding members of SOTL and releases solo projects every now and then.

Yup, Tim Hecker is good...I have to be in the right mood for him though.

Lots of good stuff on Kranky label.

Another good band is Belong. Released an album just recently, though it is a bit more drone it is still great.

belong are good but i cant seem to find any material to download, maybe i'll get some luck with their new album, and thanks i will check out mcbride and kranky.

have you heard ben frost? he has some good stuff, but i got sick of it after not too long, eluvium is also good.

Just get on it and hit soundcloud.... hours of fun.

My last trip I got right into Noisia!

Great so now I have to go find all this new music and appreciate it.

Thanks everyone :)

have you heard ben frost? he has some good stuff, but i got sick of it after not too long, eluvium is also good.

I have only heard 'By the Throat' - the one with the howling wolf samples...that are not actually howling wolves. Anyway, I do like very much.

Eluvium are great. Just discovered them the other day. Thanks for the other recommendations too, Mr/Ms chnt.

Heres a few of the better artists I can remember off the top of my head, all thrown in some loosely outlined genres for ya (I know I've missed a stack good ones, but I could keep on going for ever if I tried to include them all)

A nice selection you got there! thanx for putting the time in to put all those links up :) sun control species is also good, progressive psy/house?

I think everyone reading this thread should stop what they are doing and play their favourite psy track, whateva genre, as loud as possible! I call it neighbourhood music appreciation :lol:

Edited by kalika

basic channel (almost)

if you like stuff from kranky, check out the type label too,

also stuff from u-cover well worth checking out, similar electronic/ambient stylee

Eluvium are great. Just discovered them the other day. Thanks for the other recommendations too, Mr/Ms chnt.

Eluvium is just one guy, hard to believe sometimes. I seen him live at the Corner Hotel a few years ago where he opened for Explosions in the Sky. The guy was completely mesmerising...shit all over EITS.