The Corroboree
FancyPants

New Year's Resolution

Mine are:

1. Learn to play bass. A good mate of mine is an amazing bass player so he's going to teach me and he's as excited as I am.

2. Learn to poi. I've started trying, but it's pretty damn hard when you're sitting in a bulky wheelchair so you can't twist your body to have the poi swinging right by your side. But I can do one thing alright lol.

3. Start Yoga. I know the place I want to go and have already contacted them.

4. Get my PTSD looked at, or at least look into it myself and see how much of some aspects of my personality (mood swings etc) are related to that.

5. Not spend as damn much :(

you are in a wheelchair? what happened?

1. Get out more and explore the natural environment, damn pets and plants keep taking all my free time.

2. Build another greenhouse before winter.

3. Get some sort of water craft to paddle up some of the awesome rivers in my area which i have never seen.

:blush:

I wanna give up smoking ciggys for good. im a binge smoker but for the next 12 months i dont wanna touch a 1, purely for health reasons.. wanna be around long enough to be a grandpa maybee someday :)

I want to get fuck-off fit. nephews have pooled together to get me a 12month gym membership, so thats definately a goal.

another goal is to get a website up and running to sell my cacti from.

THEN the other goal would to get established in my new job, make the most of the opportunity and get myself financial again.

thats about it :)

Massive epidural overdose from the consecutive fuckups by two nurses just before I turned 18. Basically my epidural drip was confused with my saline, and then it was doubled the rate I was supposed to have. Ergo respiratory arrest from the fentanyl and the effects of that combined with the sheer volume of fluid going into my spinal artery kind of crushed the cord. Had to be resuscitated and given two shots of narcan. Gee, good thing I was in a hospital eh? Hyuck!

Re #1. Yeah I need to get out to nature more too :( I'm too lazy to go bushwalking now like I used to love. Would love to look for some things in nature with adults' eyes now.

Massive epidural overdose from the consecutive fuckups by two nurses just before I turned 18. Basically my epidural drip was confused with my saline, and then it was doubled the rate I was supposed to have. Ergo respiratory arrest from the fentanyl and the effects of that combined with the sheer volume of fluid going into my spinal artery kind of crushed the cord. Had to be resuscitated and given two shots of narcan. Gee, good thing I was in a hospital eh? Hyuck!

sorry to hear ,man that sucks...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to not drink hard spirits in 2011, I've been pretty good lately, just a beer or 5...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is where i want to go canoeing , sooo... much bush , just got to make the effort.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rokhor/canoe/donnellyriv.html

Performing art with a ball tied onto long cords, twirling them etc. Looks amazing when done well.

Here's some fire poi:

Edit: Hey WOW! I posted a youtube link and it embedded the video! (Clearly I've never done this before) :)

Edited by Alice

1 - Always do what I say I will do, increase my integrity (have done this 3 years in a row and every year I feel better and better)

2 - Get a solid plan towards owning a 50 to 100 acre property and start putting it into action

1: Continue to develop into the person i want to be. Become more confident, less self concious, and happier with myself.

2: To go insane with the cacti. Tripple my collection!!! It's growing, but not fast enough.

3: To get healthy. Play soccer, do yoga, and meditate regularly.

4: Meet new people

5: Get myself a Mrs, Yawning Man :lol:

I hope everyone has a fun and peaceful Christmas and a good new year. But most of all i hope that 2011 is one of the greatest years for everyone at the corroboree. It's no secret i love this joint and everyone here :wub::wub::wub:

love from kyle

just found an unbelievable yoga teacher. she had no pity at all. could teach in ways that others could only attempt, AND it is very similar to ashtanga yoga which is what i did back when i was good at it, pre-injury.

1. get back into yoga

2. get some kind of animal-proof long table to grow more plants and especially to start growing seedlings

3. put tens of thousands of km on my roadbike, exploring the south east and maybe even NNSW, cuz it has no resale value and i want to move back to four wheels eventually

4. explore drugs more frequently

mostly easy stuff because i have achieved many things this year but i'm not ready to contemplate the long term goal of acquiring land.

I don't really make New Years resolutions because the cynic in me says they are destined to fail.... however, a few things I'd like to concentrate on in the immediate future (which happens to be the new year) are:

- To get off the nicotine gum (more addictive than cigarettes IMO)

- to be proactive about seeking more regular gigs

- to go to bed earlier, so I can spend more time with my family in the mornings instead of waking up late and rushing out the door with a 30 second goodbye

- to do some exercise to tone up my tummy (which has developed a little pot over the last 12 months).

I wanna give up smoking ciggys for good. im a binge smoker but for the next 12 months i dont wanna touch a 1, purely for health reasons.. wanna be around long enough to be a grandpa maybee someday :)

I want to get fuck-off fit. nephews have pooled together to get me a 12month gym membership, so thats definately a goal.

another goal is to get a website up and running to sell my cacti from.

THEN the other goal would to get established in my new job, make the most of the opportunity and get myself financial again.

thats about it :)

I'l be the the first cacti customer you have

:blink:

order #1. do u sell any HornamenTAls?

To get off the nicotine gum (more addictive than cigarettes IMO)

lol Rabaelthazar, i totally feel you. I was chewing nicotine gum for more than 2 years and i still feel like chewing some for once in a while. Definately a bad habit though as it made my mouth go apeshit and my kidneys were hurting all the time. Definately a good thing to quit.

Not sure about my New Years Resolution. Maybe to find a job that pays better and if i shouldnt be able to do that, finally sell the house so i can have a more comfortable winter. German winter sucks so much ass you wouldnt believe it. I constantly feel like the guys from the RUN DMC videos who make fire in burning trash cans. :devil:

Plus finally being able to build me my own website too. My sheer idjidcity concerning websites makes me wanna bite my tounge so hart it hurts. :lol: bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Do my best at raising my newborn son and 2 year old daughter while my wife is getting a stem cell transplant. We are all moving to Adelaide for six months and I'm sure there will be challenges abound. And don't 2 year old test your patience at the best of times.

But that is not really a new years resolution. That is just the reality of our lives at present. And anyway my last new years resolution was to never make another new years resolution every again!!

But that is not really a new years resolution. That is just the reality of our lives at present.

I know what you mean, Rahli. Sometimes, the only new years resolution is being able to go on and struggle through another year again. But im optimistic. We have a good year ahead of us. :wub:

Edited by Evil Genius

Aye yes, here's hoping that it is!!

And best of luck to all who have set goals. And may they all be met!! Every last one!!

2011 will be the beginning of a new life for us. One way or another!!

I got a few.. some of them are pretty common resolutions whilst a couple of em are a bit more obscure.

1. Quit smoking (again) by my birthday in early Feb.

2. Have a good cleansing dose of cactus before birthday.

3. Start exercising again.

4. Learn and become accustomed to BASH shell commands now that my house is Windows free.

5. Budget properly and pay off credit card by March.

6. Improve dental hygiene.

7. Learn how to put together a speaker kit and build the cabinet from scratch.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

1) Double my exercise regimen (last year I said the same.. and actually did it, so I'm damn well gonna do it again! :lol: )

2) Vastly curtail my animal bits intake (last year I said red meat.. and actually did it :wink: I cant eat eggs so that essentially made me a lacto-chicken vegetarian. I'm getting rid of the dairy and almost all of the chicken now.)

I never much believed in new years resolutions til '07 when, for the first time in my life, I decided to try and quit smoking. I figured out my daily intake and each sunday I significantly reduced the allowed daily intake for that week. After 6 weeks I was clean, I went a bit slower than I could have.

So all you that are thinking about quitting, you dont really need those addictive gums or patches, just taper off in a few steps and maybe have a puff of Heimia when you get headachey or jittery. Unless, of course, you think you have the will power to go cold turkey- if that fails you can still taper off after.

Last time I quit smoking for a few months I switched over to snus for a month as I found that it's the psychological part of smoking I found hardest to give up and it was easier to still get an adequate source of nicotine whilst I got over the psychological addiction. I had no problems really coming off the snus and didn't begin smoking again until a couple months later. The good thing about snus is it delivers a much higher nicotine dose than gum etc for a fraction of the cost and that makes things a lot easier when you have a heavy cigarette habit and you smoke strong cigarettes as well.

Part of the reason why I began smoking again is I had developed a pretty bad alcohol dependence due to a lot of fucked up things happening in my life at once, but I eventually sorted everything out and am able to moderate my drinking a lot better. However the hardest part about staying off the cigarettes involved social drinking with people - it's extremely difficult not to smoke... especially when the people you're around are all smoking and avoidance behaviours don't really solve anything long term.

I'm interested in trying naltrexone after a study I read that showed good results for quitting smoking for people with heavy social binge drinking behaviours. Part of the contributing factor for such would be naltrexone lowering alcohol consumption I'd imagine.

NY resolution: This year I learned how to fly. Next year I'm gunna learn how to land

4. Learn and become accustomed to BASH shell commands now that my house is Windows free.

I have one Windoze machine left. I'm saving it's demise for 2012 :)

• Like 2

stop using the word "cunt" ... no, seriously!

• Like 3

Faustus - I seriously don't know what a convo with you would sound like without the frequent use of the words 'chat cunt'.

My resolution is to start using the words "chat cunt" more. All the cool kids are doing it!