The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Forum is being upgraded in the next few hours/days

There may be some downtime, some format changes, and probably other dramas, but hopefully nothing too drastic.

New forum definitely looks to be an improvement, especially when viewing from an iPhone. Nice.

Is there a way to customize colours though? The blue on my computer is a little harder on the eyes than the old beige.

WOW. i thought i was lost. Looks like the Nook ( sorry), (green is my color).I'll cruise around here and see what else is different. I do appreciate all the effort that you put into this Forum Torsten. Thank you.:)

Was worried for a little while, I'm pleased you posted that the changes were going to take place. Thanks mate, I also appreciate the effort people put into making this a great forum.

I'm guessing that the colours will revert same as last time... although I like the blue better :P

Just a little question and it might not be the right place for it so snap me if so T... When I log onto this site and my ip address says hello etc is that data kept? If so how long is it kept and for what reasons? I'm not paranoid about anything I'm just wondering as I'm becoming quite interested in internet privacy issues... I like to think that I'm kinda annonymous out here but recently have been thinking that that may just be wishful thinking.

cheers

Colours will revert when I get time to fix the css. Even if we were to change colours, it would be to the standar blue theme as most forums use that.

Being truely private is very difficult. Your ISP stores your IP and where you go, so there is always a trail. This forum stores IPs because we get trolls that need to be dealt with. You can avoid your IP being recorded by using somethng like TOR, but if you do, and there is ever a reason to question your intent here [ie if there is any suggestion you are trolling or using shell accounts] then you will not be given any benefit of doubt and deleted immediately.

ie, if you intentions are pure then you can use TOR and not be concerned, but if you are likely to run into conflicts, then having an IP can save your bacon.

dear torsten,

please change the forum back to the old colour scheme. the terracotta red is meant to symbolise the australian outback. the blue is fucking with my eyes and some cunts don't want this forum to be like other forums.

warm regards,

faustus

Thanks for all of your hard work Torsten :)

please change the forum back to the old colour scheme. the terracotta red is meant to symbolise the australian outback. warm regards,

Terracotta red ? Shit, i thought it was green. I remember the word 'Corroboree' terracotta i suppose. What was the color scheme? cream ?

Some of us old-timers are sentimental about the brown themed colour scheme...

I noticed the blog dates appear to be working properly again - thanks T!

dear torsten,

please change the forum back to the old colour scheme. the terracotta red is meant to symbolise the australian outback. the blue is fucking with my eyes and some cunts don't want this forum to be like other forums.

warm regards,

faustus

Hahahaha, chat cunts

I much prefer the other colour scheme. This one makes me feel like I'm at a hospital or something. :P

ie, if you intentions are pure then you can use TOR and not be concerned, but if you are likely to run into conflicts, then having an IP can save your bacon.

thanks for the info man.

The site is looking great too.. some noice new features.

Faustus how does changing the colour scheme of the forum make it different from other forums? I figure it would be more about the content on these little line bits with word things on them? But that might just be me and perhaps one reason that I won't be using TOR, I just can't guarantee I won't run into conflicts. hmmm

Terracotta red ? Shit, i thought it was green. I remember the word 'Corroboree' terracotta i suppose. What was the color scheme? cream ?

LOL... what are my glasses doing in the fridge?

Faustus how does changing the colour scheme of the forum make it different from other forums? I figure it would be more about the content on these little line bits with word things on them? But that might just be me

yup, it's just you.

colours are made from light. light is a vibration. vibrations are energy.

so blue is more more than just a fucking colour. i've attached a link which shows that too much ice blue will make you depressed.

so let's get this straight, the more time people spend on the forums, the more depressed they'll become?... why the fuck would cunts want the vibrations of their chakras and DNA aligned with this depressing vibrational frequency when we enter 2012?

Ice Blue Ice blue is used for the through chakra and is used for communication, will power, and great for curing insomnia. This is also a very calming color and is good for healing. Because of its "Cool" feel, it helps cool off warmth. If used in the body Ice Blue helps lower blood pressure. If used on a person for too long it may make that person depressed, so discernment on the amount of time used is key. Ice blue reduces pain, swelling, and helps stop or reduce bleeding.

When communicating with some one either physically or energetically (thought wise) use Ice blue at your thought and connect to them with an ice blue line. This aids in clarity of communication.

i like the light blue!! much more calming!!!

This is degenerating into hilarity. I like the way threads often degenerate here.

That said, yes, bring back the old colour scheme, this one is awful. Or alternatively, can we have a choiceof scheme?

i actually believe that kind of shit but anyway

HEY TORSTEN

since i hang around on oztrance i have always found the smilies here too few in number. that's my suggestion and rather than make you do all the work, we could all contribute in a smilie thread and all you'd have to do is pick the ones you like and utilise them (dunno about copyright etc)

news flash corroborree forum upgrade may save lives............i myself tend to be on the higher side of blood pressure readings, unfortunately a history of heart attacks and related tends to run in the male side of my genome makeup.

Because of its "Cool" feel, it helps cool off warmth. If used in the body Ice Blue helps lower blood pressure

so the more time i spend on a blue forum the better my life span may potentially become but as a downside i will be depressed. or maybe i shoulod just lay off the beer eat some brown rice regulary and take some paroxetine.............problem solved, colour changes and potential change backs and those who complain = too much time.....go tend your plants.

• Like 1

i've been on IPBoard for a while now, it's a great little ethno community. it has always been blue.

:lol:

why the fuck are you smiling for? you think all of this is funny?

this is a black da... i mean, a fucking BLUE day for the forums. a fucking ice blue, rigor mortis-hued cunt of a day.