The Corroboree
santiago

Buy a Island

A quick glance at this online topic is quite fun and dreamy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I had a bit of a look around a few sites and saw an island for 12500 US 600metres off the coast of Brasil. Realistically 2million aus might do a very nice island. I mean shit a city condo in perth cbd probably fetches the same.

Imagine your tropical ethno paradise, if you have had a hard day at work...or it took you 45 minutes to get home from the typical day to day traffic jam i hope the following link gets you started on your quest for your own island or perhaps just the dream to escape.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

Was talkin to a guy from the solomon islands a few years ago, he said ya could get an island over his way for next to nothing, less than a house in this area anyways.

lets all chuck in .

I'll chuck in a fiver. Do you want to set up a joint paypal account or something? 5 bucks each means... ummm... only 400,000 SAB members need to contribute to get one of he top notch islands.

Who's going to draw up the roster?

lets all chuck in .

seconded, how much does my $73.82 get me?

Coconuts fresh from the tree, fish fresh from the sea, growing whatever the fucks we wants :drool2: OHH this is tickling my fantasy button

Ooh wow an island in Tonga for around 1millAUD. Just over an acre in title deed size with the rest of the 3 acres essentially crown land/tidal reserve.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/tahifehifa.htm

A couple of my uncles lived in Tonga for a little while and they said it was just magic. Really friendly people too. Makes me dread how much of a dickhead one uncle was when over there...

I'm in $10,000 USD, I'm not kidding.

• Like 1

I've got a better idea, screw the island, let's go roll Teotz biggrin.gif

JK!

I'm in $10,000 USD, I'm not kidding.

Pffft ffs. the BS just gets deeper and deeper.

• Like 1

Pffft ffs. the BS just gets deeper and deeper.

with that attidude like that we have no chance, id love to hang on your island one day teotz my grandfathers mates with a guy who leased a small island off penang malaysia for $30 US for 10 years after he was discharged from a RAAF base over there and didnt want to go home, mind you it was no tropical paradise after the australian and american airforce cemented and fortified the whole fucking thing but there lots of cool rusty military shit in all the photos

• Like 1

Fuckn awesome, sounds like your mates granpapa had prefabbed grow rooms and labs everywhere! $30 for 10yrs, sign me up willy!

yeah... i so wanna do it.

as a child and teenager, my family had the opportunity to live on islands.

and all i can say is its freckin awesome. and given the opportunity i wouldnt hesitate to do it..

if the opportunity comes your way, dont hesitate and go for it. you dont have to buy an island to be able to live on one for a little while. but yes buying one is a worthwhile goal.

cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

South pacific islands aren't that great considering all the dangers like malaria, tsunamis, cyclones, Solomans is still a bit dangerous.

I'm told South America is the way to go for a nice ethno block, as long as you avoid the dangerous cocaine/kidnapping areas.

I hear USA has houses going cheap lately.

Islands off Queensland.were.going cheap during the apparent gfc, ill.chuck In for deposit for sure, wild kava :) also can have a SAB farm to sell fresh legals to pay the island off

could an island really be an entheo paradise much less an ethno paradise? i don't know anything about growing in coastal situations but i was under the impression only certain plants can handle the salt wind.

boo islands :innocent_n: i can think of other drawbacks too.

drawbacks such as armed pirates...

i was under the impression only certain plants can handle the salt wind.

I am sure we can get around that, We will grow a barrier of trees to protect the plants that don't cope well . Our Island is gunna be a big one.

I am sure we can get around that, We will grow a barrier of trees to protect the plants that don't cope well . Our Island is gunna be a big one.

How much for Tasmania?