The Corroboree
Amazonian

Positive / Negative Rating

Fuck do what the nook did and abolish the whole childish system once and for all...it serves no purpose other than to insight mixed emotions and gives lurking trolls something to wank over.

Couldn't agree more! Get rid of that bullshit!

• Like 1

^^^ haha I couldn't help it! somebody negatize me! Reputation is fun!

• Like 8

I agree that the ratings system is negative, even if you give someone a positive that can mean everything else is negative.I am guilty of using it, if I feel someone is attacking someone else negatively - and for the wrong reasons, like for their own personal reasons I will rate that post negatively and if I feel the post is a compassionate or informative etc or even in good humor I will stick a Positive to it. Before it had its own thread I didn't even know it existed, and I think too many people are giving it way to much attention I will trade with people regardless of their rating etc It doesn't mean anything....

I think i have made matters worse not better sad.gif . Cyber bullying.

i doubt the forum software can put a little list of green and red names in the corner of the post, although that would be cool! forum software should do everything, damnit!

Facebook can do it. List who "liked" a particular post. They also don't have a "dislike" option. Not that I want the Corroboree to become facebook. No thanks. Just putting it out there, you know?

when im getting into a thread and i lose my train of thought because members decide to turn the thread into a childish argument over some shit completley unrelated to the topic at hand i negatize both parties because they are watering down usfull information and it pisses me off unlike a lot of others i dont have a lot of time to read through 5 pages of bullshit to get 2pages of relevent topic i wish the peeps here that have issues with each other and want to fight it out like bitches took it over to MSN and do it privatley no fighting in school kiddies its FUCKING DISRUPTING THOSE OF US TRYING TO LEARN and i find myself having less time for this place which is really a shame the negative buttons there to let people know when there being dicks and i suppose to warn newer members of negative people ive personally only used the buttons when i have had the best interests of the community at heart

if you get negatized in a thread for being an arshole and you realize it post an apology i bet your rep points will shoot up again quickly

maybe, maybe not. the people who actually negged you in the first place can't undo it just because you apologised.

rumour has it that T is switching over to a forum engine offered by facebook.... changes will be effective as soon as all of our posts and personal info get funnelled into the databanks errrr did i say databanks i meant new server. name, birthdate and address please everyone.

^^^^^WHAT...!!!

• Like 2

name, email, sex and birth date please!!!!

Facebook requires all users to provide their real date of birth to encourage authenticity and provide only age-appropriate access to content. You will be able to hide this information from your profile if you wish, and its use is governed by the Facebook Privacy Policy.

• Like 1

Really? WTF?

I thought i already gave all that info anyway?! ,name, email, birthdate,sex etc.

Edited by Amazonian

since when did i become the spokesman for SAB management lol it was a joke.

amazonian i don't recommend using your real birthdate on the internet, that kind of information can be used to hijack your identity.

amazonian i don't recommend using your real birthdate on the internet, that kind of information can be used to hijack your identity.

blush.gif

I didnt at first, but then i changed it, decided that IF any one wished me a happy birthday, it would mean something.To me any-way. (cooky ). I dont give my address, can i still be hacked?

Edit: how do ya spell cooky as in crazy?

Edited by Amazonian

i don't know the actual methods of identity theft or whether it's as widespread as the media makes out, but if you've ever rang your bank or other institutions by phone you'd know that a few personal details such as birth date and address is enough to make them believe they are talking to the right person and then they will carry out any instructions they are given. your real name isn't here so there's no need to be paranoid just yet... just be aware that you are better off preventing all of your basic info from ending up public knowledge.

(says the guy who just encouraged people to post their details)

(hey i thought the joke was obvious)

i take comfort in the fact that noone in their right mind wants my identity.

Amazonian, kooky

• Like 1

AHH, now i feel kooky. Hey what if some one hijaked me here and negatized everyone. Bahh ha ha biggrin.gif

rumour has it that T is switching over to a forum engine offered by facebook.... changes will be effective as soon as all of our posts and personal info get funnelled into the databanks errrr did i say databanks i meant new server. name, birthdate and address please everyone.

oh woopie... do we get a farmville type application? we can call it ethnoville and send each other virtual cuts and seeds. :P

• Like 3

is my mother a crack whore?

3000 people have taken the test click here for the results

Repeated Negatizing can have the following effect....

The post was made by Chiral in the Cactus section,under Grow log V1..

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 PM

QUOTE:

You know what...you can all go get fucked, I spent a lot of time and effort into this grow log, managed to raise a family, deal with cancer, find a career and still find time to dedicate time and knowledge here, the couple of friends who have asked for a few plants will come and get em tomorrow but after that I'm finished...fuck this place and fuck this negatizing bullshit.

fuck off and good riddance.

END QUOTE

i don't know the actual methods of identity theft or whether it's as widespread as the media makes out, but if you've ever rang your bank or other institutions by phone you'd know that a few personal details such as birth date and address is enough to make them believe they are talking to the right person and then they will carry out any instructions they are given. your real name isn't here so there's no need to be paranoid just yet... just be aware that you are better off preventing all of your basic info from ending up public knowledge.

(says the guy who just encouraged people to post their details)

(hey i thought the joke was obvious)

It was and I laughed.....you left out credit card details for ease of trade :wink:

i take comfort in the fact that noone in their right mind wants my identity.

Amazonian, kooky

haha, know the feeling. if anyone wants to steal my identity you will be doing me a massive favor. cheers newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

I deserve to be negatized for being so gullible :blush:

PD:

IMO the rating system for threads is good idea as it saves time when searching but rating posts just makes for personal attacks and petty BS, yes it has been used ok by some but abused by others. Keep it, abolish it, meh, who cares, its crapola but only because it was never gon be used for the right reasons by alot of ppl anyways.

you saved me from writing the same.

voting for threads would be great if one could sort result according to popularity. But as said, I don't know if it's doable from the software point of view...

Also, communities like this, with quality level in the info spread, are pretty 'safe' systems. Even without the voting system in the profile, one could slowly learn who is who. In the end, crappy posts will not be left uncommented in a quality forum.

And a fraud cannot pass unoticed. What else do you want?

I vote for the 'voting for threads' idea

till then, some times I positize the unfair negatives I see. one time I positized some post of someone to negatize another, lol. Two had done this before me.

Edited by mutant

at the very least a few words at the bottom in a rep box would be handy giving a reason why you voted pos or neg would give the poster an idea where he went right or wrong, software permitting down the track if the rep thing continues of course.

maybe members under 100 posts cant vote, which would in some ways make it harder for a member superficial enough to think he is mr positive rep man creating a false identity which he uses to vote himself up.