The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Question on standard cost per cm of trichos

With cacti im one who will go for the poor looking cheap root bound plant for 10 bucks before ill buy a pristine fat specimen for 60 bucks

Not only because im a cheap bastard but i like the challenge of turning a sad neglected plant into a fat healthy plant :wub:

Most people who are serious about collecting cacti will eventually source seed & or hybrid seedlings of known clones.

Some like to collect or need grafting stock, we are not just druggies looking for a couple of feet of anything green & active :huh:

Edited by mac

Wispering, its lovely to see that nearly every sentence includes heart warming derogatory terms. well done :huh:

For the second time, I dont care that you sell your plants for $2/cm but I do care that you are calling fellow community member "druggies" based on their sale of plants for cheaper prices then your own.

I think ive pretty clearly explained what I think on the issue so dont have more to add but it would be nice if you could drop the name calling shit.

WL your starting to get on my nerves. we sell cactus for cheap (cause the joy of spreading the love is satisfying enough) you came out of no where and started telling people they are druggies cause they sell cuts cheap. you sound like the kind of guy that would whore out his own mother to make a buck. who the hell are you? typical greedy salesman. as ya can tell im in a bad mood :P

I sell pach and pach hybrids, pristine condition, well rooted and issue free from time to time for anything up to 3.00 a cm and they just walk.

wtf! you greedy sonova! thats disgusting! pach for $3 cm. this pach better be 30cm fat!!! ive sold logs of pristine pach upto 2 meters for $30 and get a real kick out of selling it cheap. you sound proud of getting rid of it for that much. you money fiend!!! it should be satisfying enough that your spreading the love

Edited by Bush_Turkey

lol. chiral you are on fire around here lately...you obviously take your job as moderator pretty seriously. cracking me up and kicking ass. keep it up.

daffy-duck-pic-2.jpg I dont believe i have read of anyone else on this forum ever gloat about how they overcharge for a cacti cutting... I have been sent scraggly shite cuttings but they were priced appropriately . I have also had absolute pristine joy cuts but never at an overinflated cost.I have also recieved much for free , and one day would like to give back...If you truley had such great cacti for sale and you loved cacti that much, to be able to grow them that well , then you would be happy to know that your babies went out into the wide ,wide world to experience life in other lands, spreading the love so to speak...money comes later . A commodity? WTF, People that get into something like cacti because they reckon theyll make a buck ripping off ethno heads, should take a long hard look in the mirror :BANGHEAD2:...

I see no justification for selling a Trich at $3/cm. Seed grown or not, it's a bloody rip, especially for something like a pachanoi. We're not talking about a manufactured item here, that once it's marred loses half its value. No, we're talking about living cacti. They may get scarred, but they will continue to put out beautiful new growth. Life isn't perfect. To pursue only plants which are flawless seems like a fool's paradise to me.

you came out of no where and started telling people they are druggies cause they sell cuts cheap.

he didn't exactly come out of nowhere but seems to have opted for anonymity, fair enough, with all this talk of electronic trails.

and fair enough if you are offering a premium service, maybe some people will like what they read and decide to take advantage of that. family to take care of and all that, people gotta make a living, good on ya.

i was glad to see you here but in this thread you have been quite disrespectful among other things. maybe a bad day with the back pain or the kids, shit man i can understand and readily forgive that. this place isn't all peace and love but we usually manage to keep it above the level displayed here.

:innocent_n:

so let's all be friends shall we?

why on earth would anyone be worried about cacti buying electronic trails? news flash: these plants are LEGAL!

:BANGHEAD2:

NEWSFLASH - in some circumstances, a kilo of cacti is equal to a kilo of meth. more or less. read up. listen to Torsten. His legal thread is excellent. Don't kid yourself.

Second - I think it was Mac. I LOVE recovering shitty, tired stock and rejuvenating it. But it will some day be sold at half the price of my seed stock as simply speaking, I cannot vouch for it. Simple stuff.

Third - Thunder - thanks. I'd appreciate if you could point out where I was disrespectful, so I could remedy it. Conversely, clicking thru on most "aussie ethno trader" links shows up a terrible pattern of scales this, and solvents that... so I gave it up. My business is mine, yours is yours, lets not any of us get too carried away. If stating a basic fact upsets some druggos, so be it. As the wise man said, we never take anything so personally as ourselves.

Do not take drugs to the point where you are using them for a kind of "paint by numbers"..and disrespectful remarks re druggos will not bother you.

I would not sell my mother. She is actually kind of ageing, not very well, but did a lot of good in her short life. Thanks for making clear that some plant is equal to your Mum, though. Quality class! Not.

I sell plants. Some plant are more intersting to certain segements of the community than others. So be it. Get over it. Having some little website does not make you the final arbiter of human morality. Sorry. It just does't. But you are more than welcome to hate me for thinking you could be making 50 cents more on the dollar to improve YOUR quality of life, so you did not so much have to rant at me!

Fourth. I said 2-3cm per cm. And no, none of em are 30cm fat. Don't b e stupid. Some are 15 though. Can you match it? A dollar per cm for a trunk cut with no roots and no "history" vs 2.35 pcm for verified, healthy rooted stock 1m tall... go figure. Time to step out of "ethnoland", methinks.

Fifth - Whoever you are , you can get as pissed off as you want. Go for it. Seethe, spite and slap your wife around. Bothers me none. They are plants. Subject to the same measures of market forces as any other commodity. I just hope you offer the same level of "you better do what I say now!" to the likes of Coles, Bunnings or Flower Power ;)

Someone asked what people charge per cm. I told em. Chill out. Or has all your illegal use of these (very affordable, and never profited from at ALL) plants done you no good?

Don't want to pay that. Cool. Don't. But if someone is getting those prices, no matter to what extent people happen to be stuck in a strange period of 5, or 10 years ago... don't bitch them out. Just charge what you want, or pay what you want. If scumbags like me are overcharging (to the "it was on special" mob, at least), don't pony up. Keep your dollars.

Why so complicated? Or hateful? I'll offer shit generic stock to mates at 1pcm as well. But. I don't value it much. It's a plant. I do not think that having prop stock of it makes me a better person. Or that having eaten it , makes me a better person. It contains a drug, like any other.

Get over yourself.

Carry on as if an experience, or a mindset, is a commodity...and you may just find it being the case.

Any more relevant comments apart from personality bashing, or circle jerking?

How much was Sally D going for shortly before her final dance? Oh yeah. But that's different.

Time to move on... the 90s where a while back. The 30 cent cone is no more.

Once again, lot of hateful little remarks for such englightened, mescaline dosing types? Weird.

Maybe time to take a look at yourself, and why you have not moved in 5 years ;) headbangs on wall face.

I did not, btw, come out of "nowhere" but rather ended up in this business without having to pussy my way through half a dozen forums, and three dozen vendors. If you think the membership logs of SAB equal some kinda of moral weight, so be it. I cannot help you with that. But it may be a sign that its time YOU took a long, hard look at yourself ;)

Edited by Whispering Leaves

In hindsight, what? What the hell? Are you so boring and lonely that will will attach such personal worth and weighting to something as crass as what person X, charges for plant Y?

Perhaps, grow a brain, and find a mid point between your own understanding of what Things Are Worth, and what they have actually been going for in the last few years?

Lets say 1.95 per cm :P in Keeping with the cost of living, interest rates and the price of gold.

Bitch all you like, I charge what I do, people pay, they are happy because some people don't want "a dose" they want a plant they can be proud of, even if it it is mostly someone else's doing.

Strange how some memebers of this forum are sick enough to equate the worth of some drug or plant with that of their mothers, who gave them every chance. What has this "magic, special, trade for free" plant" taught you, hm? Nothing, by the looks if it.

I don't get it. It's a plant. It has certain properties. Regarded by some as fantastical. So what... the better it is , the lest is must cost? Get a job...

for the record i collect a paycheck each week and that's my total income.

"lets not any of us get too carried away."

amen.

"If stating a basic fact upsets some druggos, so be it"

i find that to be pretty rude and judgemental, now you may not be the only one who has been rude here, i just expected you to be a bit friendlier and it seems like you really exploded at ginga after relatively minor provocation if it can even be called provocation. i've got no interest in dragging offensive bits and pieces out of your earlier posts, and i dont care if someone's plants are $100 a cm or one cent.

what i care about is good people here at each others' throats, being unnecessarily judgmental and putting others down. its usually not too late to improve relations. thunder out.

hey i just get pissed off when people call other people "druggies" for selling cuts cheap!!! hey i can have an opinion! i think its farked up that you feel happy selling em at this price. but thats my problem. Ha ha i just giggle while reading your long posts about how i slap my wife and should get a job hahaha are you calling me a bogan? dont have a wife. i make one comment and suddenly you paint this picture of me like i am a bad human being and tell me i need "work" ha ha! are you god? well you think you are!!!

Edited by Bush_Turkey

whispering, whats the deal? you made 6 posts tonight, 5 of which are quite condescending IMO.

why are you so angry at this community or particular people in this community?

fair enough this thread his a sore spot with you but why go into other threads and continue to accuse people of stupidity and insanity?

Back in the day, folk sold their houses for a single tulip bulb. 'The market' said it was 'worth it', but in reality that worth was a transient and a hysterical thing.

I've bought expensive plants in the past, when I was not a poverty-stricken student, and I've been given generous gifts of plants and seeds by folk whom I respect beyond measure :worship: . Guess which ones I value most? For me the worth of a plant is much more than what it looks like, and in fact in my humble opinion it is my own responsibility to nurture a plant so that it grows into something of ever greater worth. This is why I really have no interest in the idea of things such as an $800 Evilbay 'button cactus', no matter how spectaclar they might be...

These days I seek only health, and provenance, when I purchase. 'Quality', beyond simple health, is something that I imbue after a period of growing. If it's there when I buy, lucky me, but it's really not the point as long as the plant is basically healthy. In fact, some of my favourite plants are the dodgy ones that struggled in the beginning when I received then, and that have blossomed (literally and figuratively) under my care.

I will pay a slightly higher premium for rarity, but beyond that... well, I have better ways to spend my money so I'll simply grow my own, thank you very much.

Got any pics whispering leaves ? How much do you charge for a 5 second peek at one of you astoundingly well grown cacti huh? post-4908-127215714314.gif

118.gif

118.gif

• Like 1

here in nz on our version of ebay theres a t.peruvianus sold that resembles your rosie plants, and it fetches at auction between $3 and $5 nzdollors per cm consistently($2.30-$3.80 aus dollors).

i couldnt be bothered selling any of my own trichs for any less than $1 per cm ,it just doesnt seem worth it.

standard pachanoi seems to go for $1 per cm here and any thing else is more like $2 per cm.

WL, looking at your join date, you are a noob here, take a chill pill, you have obviously come here to learn, so settle back - no need to make enemies, there is a lot of knowledge on this board, don't just write every one off over a difference of opinion. Get more intimate with your cacti than just water, feed, repot,lol. None of it really matters, you have your way, I have mine, he has his, that's it!!

Hmm... Being a complete noob to the cacti biz I had a squiz at the cuttings on the 'bay, wondering if I should start from seed or cutting (probably a trich. of some sort to start off with) - they tend to go from ~80c/cm to just over $1/cm.

From what I've seen in the trade-pit, they tend to be a bit cheaper here :lol:

All this bickering is doing you no good btw... one of the things that attracted me to the community (besides the wealth of info) was the generally friendly vibe you guys have going... even when you disagree it generally doesn't degrade into childish insults as quickly as most of the internet... eh, my $0.02

Got any pics whispering leaves ? How much do you charge for a 5 second peek at one of you astoundingly well grown cacti huh? post-4908-127215714314.gif

yeah i want to see the miraculous specimens.. see how they look comapared to all the other cacti i've grown or seen in people's gardens. please, show us! put us out of our druggie misery and show us what a real plant looks like!

• Like 1

Sorry can't charge for looking at mine as they are all sick and diseased... :(

post-4860-127233884478_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233885865_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233887228_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233888771_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233892056_thumb.jpg

post-4860-12723389392_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233892957_thumb.jpgpost-4860-12723389515_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233897146_thumb.jpgpost-4860-127233906272_thumb.jpg

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG