The Corroboree
PD.

Whats the go????

Im sure most of you have heard about the infamous gritweed from a few years ago which appeared in the UK with minor reports in Australia. Well of late i have seen and heard of a disturbing trend along the same lines here in Victoria and southern NSW. The adulterated weed has been many things but i have seen and heard of fibreglass weed, coke weed, sugarwater weed, lemonade weed, gravox weed and another mysterious substance that gave the weed incredible weight (an oz looked more like an 8th or Q!) A mate was told the coke weed was really coke sprayed on the buds prior to harvest, the sugarwater i have been told is sprayed on after harvest (i thought it was silicon at first glance) but who knows for sure it was secondhand info and you know how reliable that is in these circles and as for the others i have no idea other than that it is a fuckn pricks act doin that. I can understand why with the substances that increase the weight but the sugarwater and lemonade didnt seem to make a difference other than the occasional cone that candied up and caught fire lol. Luckily this seems like more of a common thing in Melbs rather than up these parts and there are plenty of options here but it is disappointing that it is happening at all. I know 2 other melbourne members here have told me of coppin the same shit, anyone else?????

Edited by PD.

Im sure most of you have heard about the infamous gritweed from a few years ago which appeared in the UK with minor reports in Australia. Well of late i have seen and heard of a disturbing trend along the same lines here in Victoria and southern NSW. The adulterated weed has been many things but i have seen and heard of fibreglass weed, coke weed, sugarwater weed, lemonade weed, gravox weed and another mysterious substance that gave the weed incredible weight (an oz looked more like an 8th or Q!) A mate was told the coke weed was really coke sprayed on the buds prior to harvest, the sugarwater i have been told is sprayed on after harvest (i thought it was silicon at first glance) but who knows for sure it was secondhand info and you know how reliable that is in these circles and as for the others i have no idea other than that it is a fuckn pricks act doin that. I can understand why with the substances that increase the weight but the sugarwater and lemonade didnt seem to make a difference other than the occasional cone that candied up and caught fire lol. Luckily this seems like more of a common thing in Melbs rather than up these parts and there are plenty of options here but it is disappointing that it is happening at all. I know 2 other melbourne members here have told me of coppin the same shit, anyone else?????

I read a little bit about this in 'Garden of Eden', apparently the sugar is intended to feed a species of fungus and improve the smoke!

I can have a re- read unless someone else has a copy close or other info?

sugar is intended to feed a species of fungus and improve the smoke!

Never heard of that. Only ever read of sugar water (and various other things) being sprayed onto buds prior to or after harvest to add weight. Never heard of some of the above though. 'Coke' as in coca cola, or verrry expensive coke? Either sounds pretty nasty.

Fibreglass - honestly, some people might as well be selling rat poison in pills. And gravox grass? Man there are some odd characters in that industry...

Sugar water is sprayed onto buds so they shape and then retain a "block" form when being compressed and transported from my understanding, has nothing to do with weight. I've definitely seen a few buds with one "front" sprayed and the other "front" looking normal.

Can confirm the gravox business, seen it down here as well and heard about it from others.

I reckon "the go" is mostly gangsters running weed like any other business, having their profit margins squeezed by police or competition so they try to make up the difference. Everyone's willing to pass the buck so long as it doesn't stop with them. Never let it stop with you, if you don't like the buck pass the buck back!

Some unscrupulous growers used to use "brick-in-a-bottle" here in SA, and i bet some still do. Fresh plants were cut and trimmed, then the flowers "soaked" in a bathtub of this crap for a few hours then dried. From what i have worked out, it was some form of sugars and liquid paraffin wax in emulsion and whatever else. Used to make heavier weight for sale to other states, mainly thru the two wheeled wholesalers/dealers who encouraged this behavior.

I could pick any weed that had undergone this process, and duly put a few people back in their place for even trying to palm it off to me. It used to be slightly sweet, unflavored and would hold a flame for the first few tokes. Utter shit it was.

I used to hear those fly spray stories all the time... Never thought there was much to it to be honest.

Come on PD - be honest, your just smoking more LOL...

Aspergillus sp. is the fungus i read about, 'pinch of sugar added to moist herb' pg. 95 Garden of Eden,

I used to hear those fly spray stories all the time... Never thought there was much to it to be honest.

Come on PD - be honest, your just smoking more LOL...

I wish i could blame it on my psychotic smokin habits but ive seen this shit with my own eyes and have no reason to doubt my friends when they have told me of this shit, one person is a story, but ive heard this from more than 3 good friends in recent weeks aswell as seeing it myself so is def more than the ol fly spray stories BM.

this is also the time of year when almost inactive buds are sold after having the hash removed.

t s t .

yeah i used to hear about the fly spray stuff and didnt actually believe till i met ppl who applied this wonderfull technique... very much your dodgey sorts lol. Not sure how common it is these days this was years ago in country qld

ah,fly spray,long time ago,going along in a car,great music,no radio or stereo.......assumed flyspray ,dealer was a dodgey shit who i felt didnt deserve his quite nice gf.it was about 20years later i remet her and she became my gf for 6 years.she told me she had caught him spraying the plant material!

t s t .

Hi friends, i took me some time to show some of the possible contaminants. Its possible that i have some spelling errors in there. Please overlook them. Making this post took me hours and i had to come to an end. I hope it helps to prevent some of you guys from smoking shit! :wub: bye Eg

Brix

Thats Weed sprayed with brix! Brix is a mixture of sugar, hormones and liquid plastic! They use that just to increase the amount of weed!

post-1140-1259622755_thumb.jpg

How to recognize it: A good way to recognize brix contaminated weed is to burn some of it! Brix burns very badly! Typical Sparks occur when brix burns! The Ashes are very hard and it leaves a black oily residue which is characteristic for brix!

post-1140-1259622924_thumb.jpg

Possible side Effects: Dont smoke that shit! Liquid plastic can cause all kind of lung damage. Maybe even cancer.

Sand

This is weed that has sand it it to increase weight!

post-1140-1259623052_thumb.jpg

post-1140-1259623079_thumb.jpg

How to recognize it:

You can spot it easily because it leaves small sand particles on the bottom of the bag. Also you can recognize it when you take it in the mouth....sandy weed leaves sand particles in your mouth! It smells normal but a little bit more fruity. Burns in the lungs. Very solid and hard buds.

Side Efefcts: Can cause Lung Infections!

Talcum

Thats the white stuff athlethes use to keep their hands dry!

How to recognize it: It looked and smelled very normal but the taste was totally weird! It tasted like Aluminium! The typical cannabis taste lacks! Grinding in an electronical grinder caused the weed to leave some white dust!

Side Effects: Very dangerous! Can cause silicosis and similar dangerous lung diseases!

Sugar

You recognize sugar because it also burns very badly and leaves a very solid ash! Some people test their weed with commercial glucose tests and i would definately suggest you to do so, pass! They are cheap and your lung will be thankful! Sugar is way more common than you´d expect guys! You get the strips in the Apothecary!

Side Effects: Coffing and shit!

Hairspray

How to recognize it: The bud appears very solid and hard! Very hard to grind. It smells sweet and chemically. Like hair spray! ;-) Hair Spray weed is very sticky. It smells perfumed. People often confuse it with brix because it also leaves a solid ash.

Possible side Effects: Lung Damages, Coughs and Cancer!

Glass

In England and Italy, people reported some kind of weed that had small rounded glass particles in it! Its easy to spot because it leaves small glass particles everywhere. Even in the pipe. A small pocket microscope does the trick too! Chewing isnt very reliable. This contamination is very rare.

post-1140-1259624234_thumb.jpg

Possible Side Effects: Silicosis and lung damage!

Food flours

How to recognize: Very easy! You can spot the weird stuff with the eye. Just take a look in the pic! The stuff thats highlighted in red is hard as a rock. The yellow stuff that is marked in black is all over the weed. It looks like a dried salad dressing or some instant soup! Fucking disgusting! It smells neutral. The yellow stuff is pea flour.

post-1140-1259624550_thumb.jpg

Possible Side Effects: Headache, Sleeping problems, feeling unwell.

Lead

One of the most dangerous contaminats. Lead Sulfite! Very hard to recognize! You can try to rub a small part of the bud over a blank sheet of paper! If it leaves thin stripes that look like the ones froma pencil, then chances are you have some lead there. But this is not reliable because it only works if the weed is contaminated with elementary lead. In case of lead sulfite, this doesnt work! Contamination with lead is rare but it there were reported cases in 2008!

Possible Side Effects: Total damage. Lead is very toxic and causes cancer.

post-1140-1259625094_thumb.jpg

post-1140-1259625127_thumb.jpg

Final Remarks:

Get yourself a small pocket microscope

This is how clean weed looks like:

post-1140-1259625247_thumb.jpg

post-1140-1259625304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

WTF? that is disturbing! $$$$$$$ all about the $$$$$$$$$ legalize it and this wouldnt be happening. :o ................................. But i once knew a character who would spray his buds with psilocyben tea daily, the plants responded lovingly ,leaves became erect and the plants had a mysterious aura about them... and to smoke it was to experience something truly unique /

Edited by blowng

Making this post took me hours and i had to come to an end. I hope it helps to prevent some of you guys from smoking shit! :wub: bye Eg

:worship:

Exactly Blowng! Thats what happens if people are forced to buy from the black market. Its the governments fault that people are always at risk of smoking cancerogen stuff! Its part of their Anti-Weed-Propaganda!

But guys, please be aware that this is not always the case! It wasnt my intention to scare you from smoking weed! I just want you guys to know what CAN be out there to prepare you for that! Save those pics to your hard drive and if you should ever be in doubt, better throw away the weed. Better save than sorry. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

ah,fly spray,long time ago,going along in a car,great music,no radio or stereo.......assumed flyspray ,dealer was a dodgey shit who i felt didnt deserve his quite nice gf.it was about 20years later i remet her and she became my gf for 6 years.she told me she had caught him spraying the plant material!

t s t .

since we are on the topic of adultrates does anyone else remeber the compressed brown bud that used to get round alledgedly soaked in some type of horse tanquilliser does anyone know what that was 3 cones and basically tripping off herb isn't reallly a usual type effect

WTF? that is disturbing! $$$$$$$ all about the $$$$$$$$$ legalize it and this wouldnt be happening. :o ................................. But i once knew a character who would spray his buds with psilocyben tea daily, the plants responded lovingly ,leaves became erect and the plants had a mysterious aura about them... and to smoke it was to experience something truly unique /

now thats the kind of adultatrion we like to hear about

Here in America our Cannabis is fairly clean and potent (thank God)!

I have never heard of anybody adulterating Cannabis in such a manner here in the states., have y'all?

WTF? that is disturbing! $$$$$$$ all about the $$$$$$$$$ legalize it and this wouldnt be happening. ohmy.gif ................................. But i once knew a character who would spray his buds with psilocyben tea daily, the plants responded lovingly ,leaves became erect and the plants had a mysterious aura about them... and to smoke it was to experience something truly unique /

WTF?

That wouldn't do anything!

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

post-4908-1259652978_thumb.jpgshes my cherry pie

960734443.img.jpg

960734443.img.jpg

Edited by blowng

About 8 years ago I used to live with some dealers who would always spray their bud with coca cola before selling it on to the masses. It was an interesting day when they finally scored some unadulterated pot and they realised THEY were being ripped off... Ahh good times... .... ...

I recently had some bud and when I was rolling it around between my fingers I felt a sharp prick - felt similar to the tip of a very thin cactus spine poking you. Could that have been some contaminant in the weed or what? The high was great and it smoked nicely. I dunno what to make of it though. As I was chopping I felt the spikiness a few times again though... I didn't think much of it until I read through this thread though.

Edited by Adrian Psy

dope makes you paranoid and paranoia makes ppl think of total crap contained in this thread, get a life smoke your pot and get stoned, nobody is forcing you and i bet if in your desperation for a cone you would smoke a meth laced mortien sprayed formaldehyde soaked leaf...............grow your own if you cant handle your own insecurity.

Here in America our Cannabis is fairly clean and potent (thank God)!

I have never heard of anybody adulterating Cannabis in such a manner here in the states., have y'all?

Look up 'wet' and 'fry' if you want to get the american perspective.

dope makes you paranoid and paranoia makes ppl think of total crap contained in this thread, get a life smoke your pot and get stoned, nobody is forcing you and i bet if in your desperation for a cone you would smoke a meth laced mortien sprayed formaldehyde soaked leaf...............grow your own if you cant handle your own insecurity.

not really crap its something people should be aware of unfortunately it falls in the hands of the community to implement harm minimisation as the laws result in harm maximisation to suggest things are soley based on paranoia is pretty ignorant IMO you have obviously had negative experience with cannabis or someone who uses it to make such a statement , however you shouldn't judge every user by the actions of a few you have encountered

Look up 'wet' and 'fry' if you want to get the american perspective.

I remember reading somewhere that PCP laced weed is fairly common in the US a lot of guys sell as such but i'm guessing that there would have to be the odd fuckwit that does it to crap buds and sells it wiothout telling people just basing my perspective on my understanding of human nature :)