The Corroboree
trucha

No joke, Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden is now available

Edit:

as of 3rd March there are still copies available, best get in there people, there are only 500 of these printed.

Woohoo! just got my copy! Love the botanical illustrations, very in depth.

As others have said, definitely worth the cost.

:lol:

Edited by centipede

Yikes! I recall reading this thread when it was first posted, then got busy with other things and forgot about it for a year and a half :wacko:

I really hope there are still copies available, I've just emailed Snu to inquire. Sounds like this book is more than worth the price tag. I just hope I haven't waited too long!

Edit: As of 26 June, there are some copies left :)

Edited by entropymancer

I bought this book and it's brilliant. I'm glad I was able to get a copy.

Might of just got my copy in time, amazing piece of literature :drool2:

Thanks Snu!

Simply, a must have book

I almost want 2!

Mine came today!! Brilliant!! It's jam packed with info. What a masterpiece. If you can't read, get one anyway.. excellent for self-defense!

It's a really sexy book. One of my prize possessions. Jam packed with info too, so much so that I dropped it on the ground within minutes of owning it... the weight of it must have overcome me. tongue.gif

Yeah, when I first started getting into ethnobotany I was a noob who wasn't able to get all of the information that I wanted/needed. This made it a lot easier and it is a good reference book, especially if I see people posting about a plant I do not know about.

Its the type of book that heightens your appreciation for ethnobotany.

And Snu's intentions were to write it as the book he wished he had when he started out.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Somehow, I was unaware of this book. My alterego ordered me to order it :)

I got nervous when I saw the date from the first post in this thread... Now I'm happy that I'll be happy. Thanks for the thread.

Poor/lucky Snu must be standing in the post office queue full-time at the moment. This thread's started something of a bum rush on that book! I ordered mine yesterday and I'm very curious and excited.

Poor/lucky Snu must be standing in the post office queue full-time at the moment. This thread's started something of a bum rush on that book! I ordered mine yesterday and I'm very curious and excited.

As above ;)

lol good for him, he deserves every cent for this one i reckon. Get 'em before they're gone.

anyone have snu's email ?

is this it ? [email protected]

does he have a username in here ?

i think i best order one before i miss out and never forgive myself lol

Edited by 7baz

Yeah, that's the email. I contacted him via email and transferred the money via Paypal. The book came shortly after. I hope he prints more as it is a great book.

Just got it. Incredible and so fucken cheap it should be considered a Christmas present from the author to the reader.

The more I read, the more impressed I am. You're right Marcel, it's a gift - a very generous gift from Snu.

My copy just arrived today! I'm floored by the amount of work that went into creating this tome. What a resource! I can't wait until I have the time to properly devour it :)

i think i best order one before i miss out and never forgive myself lol

This was my thinking exactly. If I waited any longer and missed the opportunity, I know I would be kicking myself for years. No libraries seem to have picked it up, and with the quality of the book, I very much doubt any used copies will crop up after the 500 copies sell out. Truly a book to be treasured.

Edited by entropymancer

Also, an aesthetic and ecological beauty...

Deserves taxonomy etchings from some dedicated old school artist :)

This book wont end up in any library i dont think. No one would get rid of theirs, i sure as hell will never let it go.

The book is still in stock. Iordered a copy yesterday - 4 AUGUST 2011.