The Corroboree
watertrade

Mid year camping trip

Following up on Lsdreamz effort i had the missus call up the department of land and find out about 2 wheel drive access to Jenolan campsite and rules about mushrooming and campfires. I think LSDreamz may have gone on the six mile track, that is classified as a four wheel drive track and may be unsuitable for two wheel drive cars. if we turn off the highway ten minutes past little hartley onto jenolans road (Tar road) we basically just follow that until we get to the camp site on the right hand side. i dont know if this will work but here is the link

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sou...mp;t=h&z=17

The camp has water and toilets. The dude said were allowed open fires in any designated spot, there are supposed to be plenty there, and we "will bloody need a fire at night for at least the next four months". As this is state forest we are allowed to wander round were ever we like on or off the track and are allowed to take mushrooms, where as a national park do not permit this and have ranger patroling this time of year to catch people taking mushrooms.

The camp site is huge so in the unlikely even of any other nutters camping in the cold we can find a secluded private spot (i like to get naked somtimes).....

I think we should have a vote........but my vote is for jenolans camp ground

Yep sounds good gets my vote..I don't want any nutters or ranger patrols any where near us or I'll have to laugh at them too much and they will think I've completely lost it.

Hey, thanks so much for that Dreamz. A massive help to us all.

Given its the only candidate campsite we know much about, it's State Forest, its surrounded by pine-needles and quiet on a long weekend I'm happy to give it a run.

Big ups again to our recon man.

jenolan has my vote!!! thanx dreamz!

Edited by incognito

Only noticed this today - sounds excellent! I would love to come along, but it will all depend on getting time off from work. How many days are you guys planning to camp for? Sounds like most of you are heading up on Thursday? I thought if my getting time off is an issue I could probably come up Friday evening.

Edited by lsdreamz

Well done dreamz shame you made the effort to get up there this weekend but can't make it next. Oh well guess you'll have to read all about it when we get back.

Jenolan sounds good....the more freedom the better.

Can't wait this is gonna be a mad weekend!!

Also cheers to WT & MORG a vego stew will be fookin sweeeeet!!!

so whos definatley coming? numbers?? i rekon everyone attending should research one yummy campoven recipe, and bring enough ingredients to feed the people coming (once we know the numbers) that way we have a never-ending suplly of yummy campfood to enjoy!!!!

i hope the vegetarians coming dont mind meat being cooked, i always feel bad eating meat infront of vegos!!!

check this out www.aussiecampovenforum.com

i am literally drooling :drool2::drool2: i cant wait, even if theres no funghi ima smoke heaps of erb and chow down on campoven tucker!!!! :bong::bong:

Mushroom Burgers

1 kilo sliced white mushrooms

1 onion chopped

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon cummin and coriander powders

2 teaspoons cornflour

Stew onions and mushrooms in pan with a bit of oil.

Put stewed mushies into a bowl and add bread crumbs, egg, cummin and coriander powders, cornflour and mix together.

Place burger sized mix onto gladwrap to form burger shape.

Fry on low heat in non-stick (or CI) pan.

Burger Sauce

1 bunch garlic cloves (called a knob isn't it?)

Salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup mayo

Chopped parsley and spring onion (either or both)

Roast garlic wrapped in alfoil on low heat for 30-35 minutes.

Cut in half (crossways) and squash out the cooked garlic with side of a knife or a fork.

Add pinch salt and mash with fork.

Add garlic, parsley and/or spring onion, salt and pepper to taste to Mayo and mix.

Serve on mushroom burger with toasted bun and your choice of salad.

Edited by incognito

^^^ Man sounds epic. Makes me even more keen even if I'm too exhausted to get proper loose after this coming busy week.

Lol incog, am i reading your suggestion right that every person (i think there is around 13 including your mates) should bring enough food to feed all the people coming, meaning that over the 2 nights and 3 days we are there we will have 13 meals...i thought we'd be tucking into some appetite suppressents...not sure how 13 feeds will go down lol but does sound like an intersting plan.

I'll bring kit for some pizza's if keen:

1 cup Flour plain

1 cup self raising

2 tbsp oil

Pinch of salt

1 tsp yeast

Water to firmness

Mozarella

Tomato paste (chunky)

Garlic - roasted and crushed

Fungus (should we find any)

Put together, put on foil in upside lid of camp oven and sit the pot over the top of it with coals underneath and coals on top - cook for 20 minutes.

And thats it, simple as pizza, is the cheese ok for the vego's?

Peace

Cheese is ok for this vego -

Chocolate bananas in fire (dessert)

Cut open banana

Add little bit of milk chocolate (or brown sugar and rum)

Wrap in shit load of foil

Chuck in fire

Wait

Eat

Edited by watertrade

^^^don't forget the lentils for the vegos :P . Its amazing how you can make good simple food whilst camping armed only with brown rice, lentils, garlic and appropriate spices.

If I still end up making it (its at 85% certainty) I'll personally bring mad breakfast supplies.

2 minute noodles.

Jenolan sounds good.

I'll keep my recipe simple:

Potatoes

Foil

Sour cream

Chives

Garlic

Butter

Salt

Pepper

Grated cheese

Wrap potatoes in foil and bury in coals until cooked. Slice open and add garlic, butter, sour cream, chives, cheese, and season to taste.

Vego friendly and everything.

[edit] It might be getting a bit cold now, but from memory there may be a solid supply of blackberries to be found, if anyone wants to make a blackberry camp-fire pie.

Edited by JDanger

dont tell me im the only omnivore!

I'm an enthusiastic omnivore, and will delight in your shanks.

10 years vegie converted back to eating meat about 7 years ago so yeah I'll eat whatever..I'll get my missus to knock up Indonesian food to bring with me...anyone like hot spicy food..?

Oh and I have to confess I have nothing to add to the tricho stew...unfortunately I have nothing worth cutting and the ones I have are at the size where they will likely flower next year if I don't cut em so ...mmm sorry.

H.

I got ya covered if you want man...bridgie ok?

And I'm a happy omnivore...just picked a recipe that would suit all...but I do like my meat :)

Peace

10 years vegie converted back to eating meat about 7 years ago so yeah I'll eat whatever..I'll get my missus to knock up Indonesian food to bring with me...anyone like hot spicy food..?

Oh and I have to confess I have nothing to add to the tricho stew...unfortunately I have nothing worth cutting and the ones I have are at the size where they will likely flower next year if I don't cut em so ...mmm sorry.

H.

don't worry hunab. i'll look after you. the least i can do for giving me a lift.

I love spicey food! Khususnya masakan Indonesia!

I'm also an omnivore.

Numbers?

Definitely in: 8

Hunab

Incog

Morg

WT

Birdwing

HolyMountain

MindExpansion

JDanger

Perhaps in:

Indigo

And Faustus? Still keen?

Anyone I overlooked?

Faustus is definitely in, and incog mentioned that he was bringing friends too yes?

Peace

Damn it, I really wanna go! Nobody else on the other forums does cool stuff like this! You guys are awesome!

I'll bring snacks like chips, fruit cake, crackers, noodles, fruit, plenty of water and nice big pot of some spicy indo food and some steamed rice.

Indigo said he is coming with me so I'll get on to him for a definate answer asap.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

only 1 friend.