The Corroboree
watertrade

Mid year camping trip

Hi everyone

does anyone want to go on a midyear camping trip?

I'm thinking somewhere in between Sydney and Melbourne to get a few people from both cities.

nothing fancy, just a get together over maybe 2/3 nights.

Maybe the Oberon mushroom hunt could be this mid year trip? see the mycology forum

would like to know what you guys think.

Ugh boots flannelet shirts, beanies and a mushroom hunt...fuck yeah count me in.

H.

excelent - that makes two :)

looking forward to meeting you hunab

:)

Edited by watertrade

im definatley keen, last week of the month and school hols are out for me though.

went for a cruise to oberon 2 weekends ago with my nephews, took a load of photos, found some boletus and a few slippery jacks,

i was unable to identify many of the others, im still a newb in the edibleshroom department. its a beautiful little town.

heaps keen for a camp. :lol:

Depending on dates and site Im keen for sure.

Hey Watertrade

You got any dates in mind man? I like the sound of this! Bit hard to say if i'll be going or not, but closer to the date i should be able to see where i stand. Hopefully i'll be able to grace you all with my god-like presence AHAHA. But seriously i'm not that arrogant!

Cheers

Count me in! (depending on uni and work commitments)

Count me in! (depending on uni and work commitments)

Yeah same as JD here definitely keen pending whats happening between work n uni

Yeh I'll actually come this time lol, but does depend on whats going on with uni :(

Any dates in mind? Maybe we could try to fit it in with the end of semester breaks...they should be all close together? Just and idea.

Peace

Hey Watertrade

You got any dates in mind man? I like the sound of this! Bit hard to say if i'll be going or not, but closer to the date i should be able to see where i stand. Hopefully i'll be able to grace you all with my god-like presence AHAHA. But seriously i'm not that arrogant!

Cheers

it seems like there are a lot of people who need to work around uni and school holidays. So how about early May?

anyone know a good campsite?

:)

Edited by watertrade

Perhaps the first weekend of May?

Early may is all good for me so count me in if thats going to be the date.

Peace

We gunna camp...as in tents...? or stay in the local boozer in town which would have cheap ass rooms..?

We gunna camp...as in tents...? or stay in the local boozer in town which would have cheap ass rooms..?

I would be happy either way although it would be nicer (I think) to be away from other people.

one of the stateparks has reasonably prices cabins and there is a bit of nature too.

http://www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au/accommodation

it could get a little clostrophobic inside after a couple of hours.

at least camping out somewhere there is lots of room to move around.

sounds like a sweet idea, i know im keen (commitments depending)

camping is always a good option as generally you dont have a curfew and all too often there are not many others around so noise isnt a concern.

I imagine this mid year camping trip idea will peter out - in part, due to not having any ideas of a venue. But that said - I'm still keen and suggest the first weekend in May - 2nd & 3rd. as for a location…… who knows… ?

I'm still in...come on ya pussies ......SUBS+ Amananitas.......the month and dates are cool by me..hands up who still wants ta go.

I'll say a maybe so far :P

If you are looking for somewhere between melbourne and sydney I know a few very nice spots to camp where we will see noone and not be bothered. I'd be keen even if it was just to show you guys a spot or two.

Oberon is definately not an option for me, too much fuel from here.

nehow, keep the discussion going friends

peace

If you are looking for somewhere between melbourne and sydney I know a few very nice spots to camp where we will see noone and not be bothered. I'd be keen even if it was just to show you guys a spot or two.

Oberon is definately not an option for me, too much fuel from here.

nehow, keep the discussion going friends

peace

where abouts are the camp sites meanies? roughly

cheers

I would love to spend some time with you all but I'm not sure the melbournites are willing to put in a 8 hour or so drive and the sydney folk a 6 hour drive? If you are I'm up for it though... I will have my 2 y/o son with me also.

If anyones keen will keep discussion going further hey.

meanies

I would love to spend some time with you all but I'm not sure the melbournites are willing to put in a 8 hour or so drive and the sydney folk a 6 hour drive? If you are I'm up for it though... I will have my 2 y/o son with me also.

meanies

Hmmm.... when you put it into hours.... thats a long drive - for both sydney and melbourne

meanies

Hmmm.... when you put it into hours.... thats a long drive - for both sydney and melbourne

Hi guys,

Just looking at the map, I would say Hollbrook/Tumbarumba area is approx halfway between both Melb and Syd. About 5-6 hours from each city.

The Bago State Forest, Bogong Peaks Wilderness and both Blowering and Talbingo resevoir are just to the east, and very nice areas which I have spent some time.

I'm up for it..I can take a couple of people if they wanna chip in the fuel..5-6 hrs is nothing really. I've got a beat old station wagon and it can fit heaps of bits n bobs and sleeping bags etc.

ME what do you reckon..you have a station wagon also..in better nick than mine and can fit a few in...mind you you're driving skills are not the best..LMAO.. :lol:

H.