The Corroboree
watertrade

Mid year camping trip

sagely advice there hunab. location location location. I really don't want to be too cold this holiday.

re: the bake off, I can bring the large pot. I was also going to get a gas cooker stove thing so we don't need to stuff around with the fire. if someone could bring another big pot that that would be good.

mac: it would be quite a hike for you but if there is transport to around the area I can come pick you up. either on the way in or we can come out to get you. :)

Edited by watertrade

Yes, hunab and MindEx will run away at the first sign of wind and rain :P

LMAO..yes yes very funny Mr man...us girls and our brollys will run off like pansies...you'll get yours one day big boy when we have pedro drinking contest ... :lol:

hehe, i look forward to it :)

Yep good advice from Hunab. Garbage bags, toilet paper and we'll need at least one poo-shovel for the digging of EPLs*.

Regarding the site we have established that:

- No one knows the area well enough to provide good info on a good campsite

- State Forest is preferable yet the only decent campsite we know of is Mt Werong in the National Park (I have not been to Mt Werong).

- We must decide on a site beforehand. Mobile coverage is extremely patchy in that area anywhere but in Oberon itself.

That Jenolan area sounds like a potential goer. You can bet the mushrooming will be better in State Forest too just because of the distrubance and exotic pines.

Doesn't anyone have any contacts that might know the area and be able to provide advice?

*Ephemeral-personal-latrines.

mac: it would be quite a hike for you but if there is transport to around the area I can come pick you up. either on the way in or we can come out to get you

Cheers for the offer WT ill look into bus /train transport up that way but as you said its a long hike around 1000Ks, id love to make it & will look into transport costs etc ... i think i have left it a bit late to get organized by then

(haha would be a good use for Mr rudds tax stimulus $$) if it turns up !!

if someone could bring another big pot that that would be good.

I have a big stainless pot i can bring, its about 15 or 20 litres, if that will do the job?

I wish I could come, it sounds great.

Maybe next year!

ive got a large pressure cooker i can bring, might be better for the bake off, and will save on gas Ill bring a shovel and a nights worth of wood.

if people can make it to oberon im happy to pick up and bring to camp site.

looks like mt.werong is the go for now.

Ummm, Hillbilly just raised a good point, Mt werong will likely have a car park fenced off from the camping area...so for those of us sleeping in cars or the sleeper trailer, we will have to sleep in the car park away from the camp site...might not be such an issue, but if we are in a state forest apparently you can drive onto the camp site which doubles as us being able to park cars to block off any wind and offer a little extra privacy...and make it easier to put up tarps.

I know it seems like im being a little one sided but these are just points for consideration.

Peace

ok good point. BUT which NP and WHERE?

I'd still be happy with jenolan, if not maybe this mary's park one but it has no facilities whatsoever...

http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au/recreation/ce...est/default.aspLink

And is a little further out than oberon, in the 'sunny corner state forest'

Map

But yeh, we've still got a few days to sort this out :)

Peace

Be easier to organise a bed in a tent no..?

Im sure there will be plenty available.

Hillbilly : that pot would be good :) please bring it along - thanks

I was having a couple of beers with Morg after work today and we got to talking about the camping trip. We were discussing a number of things and food came up - long story short, we are going to cook dinner for everyone on Friday night. We won't be offended if you aren’t interested but there will be a vegetarian stew with a few simple side dishes - enough for everyone. Wholesome and hearty to stave off the cold.

Morg's idea. nice guy :)

cheers

Edited by watertrade

MORG, didn't even realise you were joining us lol my bad.

Stu sounds good guys very kind of you, had not even thought about food lol.

Any ideas about the site?

Peace

awesome thanks guys! love a good vego dish!!!!

for the omnivores, i plan to create some mad roasts in the camp oven which will feed quite a few.

depends on the funghi though,i can never eat meat with funghi, the hippy comes out in me!!!(nah id be vegan if i had cooking skills)

but damn camp-oven roasts are good!!!! roasted some wood ducks a few weeks ago-----delish!!!!!will bring plenty of watermelons and butternut pumpkins(just harvested oodles) got some jaffle irons as well.

gettin a bit of rain down this way now and the cold has set in today...things r lookin good.

how good is camping??

awesome thanks guys! love a good vego dish!!!!

for the omnivores, i plan to create some mad roasts in the camp oven which will feed quite a few.

depends on the funghi though,i can never eat meat with funghi, the hippy comes out in me!!!(nah id be vegan if i had cooking skills)

but damn camp-oven roasts are good!!!! roasted some wood ducks a few weeks ago-----delish!!!!!will bring plenty of watermelons and butternut pumpkins(just harvested oodles) got some jaffle irons as well.

gettin a bit of rain down this way now and the cold has set in today...things r lookin good.

how good is camping??

check these camp oven recipies out= will be definately be doing the red-wine lamb shanks!

i have 2 camp ovens so will bring em both, maybee keep one for just bread and vego dishes???

http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/campoven...es.htm#71499867

Edited by incognito

Edited by lsdreamz

Edited by lsdreamz

LSD you are one legend brother thanks heaps for those shots...and why are you not coming...we are all dying for you to come along..what lame ass excuse do you have this time...geeze guys those Amanitas look beautiful huh...gunna load up camera with a big memory card and be snapping some shots all day me...hows the conditions LSD has it been raining out there it looks dry...maybe this Sydney rain is purely coastal...that sucks..but anyways thanks man for those pics...I'm now VERY excited about this trip.

H.

Man what an effort, well done to you lsdreamz. You really gotta come out n camp wiht us.

I dont know what you guys think but that place looks pretty good to me

Dreamz you legend...wish those oldies werent having a bday this weekend...you know we all wanna see you up there.

+1 vote for janolen camp site for me (i know these pics are of million acre picnic area but if you check out eds map janolan campground is on the same road in the same forest)

Peace all

Edited by MindExpansion

lsdreamz... you have gone above and beyond the call of duty. you have done the one thing that all of us who are going camping have put off doing....you went and investigaged yourself!!! i think it's safe to say without your help we might have fallen into a big disorganised hole. thank you so much for putting in the effort even though you won't be able to make it. i owe you one....or two...

peace.

Edited by lsdreamz

Thanks again man ...scared of popping a tyre huh...so the tracks are pretty rough..ol betsy won't like that too much oh well...sickens me to hear of people having already had camping trips there and leaving rubbish...what the fuck is wrong with people really.

This week we must pick a site and go with it..as remote as we like it don't matter but sheltered at least and somewhere we can get the cars next to the camp as I'm sleeping in my car and have projectors and laptops that need locking up etc.

Morg and WT thanks so much for doing that Vego food on Friday that is such a nice gesture and will be really appreciated....will be a race to beat the dark to set up camp as I see it's now getting dark around 5.30pm now.

H.