The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

chillout music

Some rap (Cypress, some newer snoop dogg, some bliss n eso, some of the herd, and some ugly duckling), lately a little bit of afrobeat.

Some slower psy.

Peace

last night

alio die - incantomento, alio die & opium - mother sunrise

delightful

ollabelle - riverside battle songs

twang

Powderfinger's Odyssey Number Five

Oasis' (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Matchbox 20's Yourself or Someone Like You

Anything by The Church and any of The Offspring's heavier songs (Gone Away, Can't Repeat, The Kids Aren't Alright, etc).

For chilling with the sounds of summer I always go with the first two (PF and O) - they are almost like lullablies for a hot summer afternoon with the cicadas chirping in the background.

+1 for boards of canada

if you enjoy BoC-- you may also like Saycet

electronic:

Anoraak

The Orb specifically: Adventures Byeond the Ultraworld

Vibrasphere

I probably dont even need to mention these, but just incase:

Air

Massive Attack

other:

Amerian Analog Set

Six Organs of Admittance

The Knives of Neptune

^^My friends cousin played in this band, I really enjoy it. If you digg the myspace and want the album, let me know and ill upload it somewhere.

+ another one for Boards of Canada!

And + one for Massive Attack.

Sigur Ros, Hermitude, DJ Krush.

i love chilling out to some indian music,

anything by ravi shankar, nusrat fateh ali khan, or ali akhbar khan.

really drift away,on the unusual beats and rhythms, really takes ur head out of ur western mindset.

APC - 13 Steps

Thievery Corporation - Versions

Anything Marley

Tom Waits - Used Songs and also Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards

Led Zep - Only a few songs like No Quarter and Stairway

Thievery Corp are really, really amazing. I suggest you Myspace them and check out a song called "Original"

Gen-00-sis

Thankyou for sharing everyone.

you have opened my eyes to some new music - it has been fun listen to some new stuff and lots more to come :)

thanks

Deftones have some really nice chilled stuff.

Morg mentioned in another thread but NIN also has some good chill

Aphex Twin

Queens of the Stone age

Those arent specifically all chilled but all have some percentage of chilled. and their other stuff is just as good so cant hurt.

If you like deftones you'd most likely appreciate chino in team sleep

A silver mt Zion have some nice stuff

oh yeah theres a wicked movie soundtrack out there(wicked movie to) called- Dead Man Walking.

not the jonny depp one, rather the sean penn (hes a guy on death row) one.

Has beautiful indian music and what i dig most are the duets Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Pearl Jams's Eddie Vedder sing together. The two songs they duet together are called - 'Face of Love' and (i LOVE this song)- The Long Road. puts chills up me spine. Their voices really compliment each other, and eddie even ahs a go at the indian 'wailing' for lack of a better word, in unison with Nusrats 'wailing' sounds fuken ripper.

another indian artist worth checking out is Talvin Singh.

If u have access to limewire put in Osho breathing music. Its really calm music with the sound of relaxed soothing breathing sounds (i know i know ) that u can lay back and 'breathe along with' lol.

fantastic when coming down!!

edit-shit how could i have forgotten - PORTISHEAD!! new album is fantastic. i do hope they tour australia.

Edited by incognito

T-Bone Walker. Charles Brown. Billy Holiday. B)

i am gonna bogan-out and say credence clearwater revival.

rediscovered how great they sound at a friends party last sunday.

i really really like that music, mum always used to play it when i was a child, so earthy and organic, and full of soul. Fogerty (thats his name right?) has an astonishing voice.

had some cid, and ended up listening to that song (dunno the title) 'someday never comes' on repeat with my head stuck inside their big subby until party goers protested and removed me from the stereo system,

still have it on repeat in my noggin. such a great song with some really cool lyrics that in my acidified brain i really identified with. i was just about in tears. actually i think i did have a bit of a tear haha im a big sook.

Edited by incognito

Porcupine Tree, Air, Tool, Pink Floyd, QOTSA, Kyuss, Alice In Chains, The Doors, Miles Davis, The Beatles, Ween (Quebec is a great tripchillout cd), Radiohead (particularly Kid A and The Bends), Portishead, Oceansize, Jeff Buckley, Gomez, Dub Side Of The Moon...

Obviously some of them aren't exactly ambient, but if the volume is put low, there's something definitely comforting about old favourite albums that you can just slip into a very calm and relaxed state of mind. If I feel myself getting road rage, or I've just got the mega-shits and I'm driving, I'll put Tool on to sing along to and I suddenly don't feel like driving up the kerb and mowing crunts down. Especially useful when driving through Sydney CBD.

i am gonna bogan-out and say credence clearwater revival.

*BOWS DOWN TO YOU*

Nothing wrong with some CCR man, nothing at all... In fact I am going to put some on now :P

Gen

haha CCR fans UNITE!!!

theres definately a magic when they play.

especially when u havent heard since childhood then run into it at high volume with a head full of cid.

I was thinking about this the other night, when I flick through albums to find something relaxing but not too depressing, I can never find much, but here are some groups getting airtime in my house that aren't all strictly "chillout", but help me chill out:

Apparat, Beach House, Beck, Beirut, Boards of Canada, Efterklang, Gorillaz, Sufjan Stevens, Vampire Weekend.

Grits (just put them on for the first time in a while and realise that they are pretty good)

Is that the Christian hip-hop group?

Heh, I had no idea they were Christian, but yeh I think thats probably then.

Guess I've not been paying such close attention to the lyrics of their songs.

Peace

In terms of traditional chill out music...

Capsula

Hallucinogen in Dub

Fennesz

Carbon Based Life Forms

Solar Fields