The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

I had an encounter with what i think was a yowie!

Hey all,

I really wanna share this with you guys as i think your all pretty open minded and lots of ya have spent a lot of time out in the bush. I want your guys opinions on what happend, im sure it was no animal i have encountered before and i have spent lots and lots of time out camping and such.

I was traveling to a party in the watagan forest area of NSW on friday night round about 10-11pm i think. I had gotten hopelessly lost, due to me not following the directions and tring to follow a previous saved spot on my gps. I was somewhere near here i think http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=burma+road+watagan+creek&sll=-33.023238,151.296072&sspn=0.018747,0.038581&ie=UTF8&hq=creek&hnear=Watagan+State+Forest,+Burma+Rd,+New+South+Wales+2325&ll=-32.987932,151.357269&spn=0.571339,1.234589&t=h&z=10

I was driving down a small track in my troopcarrier with just me and the dog in the car. it really was a small rough track with trees touching both sides of the car and rough ass 4wd only kind of track. I was traveling slow in 1st or 2nd gear low range as i had a trailer on the back with the genny and stuff in it and i didnt want to bounce it round too much. As i got to the bottom of the track (an intersection) the dog started barking. I assumed she needed to pee as we had been traveling a while and i needed to pee too. I stopped at the intersection and turned off the car leaving the lights on. The dog had no intrest in peeing and was barking like a nut case into the bush ahead of me, i did'nt really take too much outa her behaviour as she is only 6 months old and still quite a puppy. i was stood in the middle of the track peein on the road when i heard a branch break in the scrub just in front of me. It was a big branch by the sound of it not a little twig. Sounded like at least 20mm round kinda noise. then after only maybe 10 second i heard a really large percussion type thud. i can only describe this like someone had dropped a large rock or log onto the ground. I then realised summat big was in the scrub just infront of me and put my cock away LOL. I then heard another two large thuds directly in succession. i was consentrating on the scrub really hard by this point, but it was very dark with the headlight of the troopy pointing off the the other side and the moon covered by cloud. I then saw something move, now it was really dark and i didnt see it really at all, but something big moved in the scrub only about 5-6 meters ahead of me. It was at least two feet taller than me. and i could kinda see it was an upright kind of shape. I then realised it had moved kinda diagnally towards me, not away, and i realised i was in danger whatever it was. i picked up the dog threw it in the troopy and took off.

Now some of you guys know me, and i can tell you all i have spent plenty of time out in the bush doing hillbilly kinda shiz, i have never encountered anything like this and im not easily spooked. When it moved there was no way it was a four legged animal. it was upright and big. The shape i saw move, i think i couldnt see the head it was just the shoulders maybe. I would estimate it to me maybe 3-4 feet wide and maybe 8 feet high. It was fkn big.

As i drove away i went over the whole thing in my head, Kinda in disbelief. But i have come to the conclusion it wasnt a kangaroo, it wasnt a feral bull, cow or horse no way was it a pig or goat and it was way too big to be human. I honestly cant come up with anything other thn a yowie.

The more i think of it the more i think i was very lucky in this encounter whatever this animal was. i had driven the troopy towards it for a few mins so it wasnt scared of that. then the dog and i had gotten out of the car with the dog going absoulutly ballictic at it (even though she is only 6 months she is pretty big, dane cross mastif hunting dog) and it still hadnt taken off, then it moved towards me! Seems as though the whole thud thing could have been a teritorial thing and i was really lucky it didnt charge out the scrub and attack me.

i was so excited driving away thinking about what i had just encountered, then i realised just how lucky i think i was too. the size of it i would have been no match for it at all it could have seriously hurt or even killed me i think..

Anyhoo, just letting you know i was straight as and have no real mental issues at all. this was a genuine encounter of somthing i think was a yowie. Let me know what your guys thoughts are. Honestly every on i have told thinks i was on a bender or have lost the plot LOL.

Hillbilly

Edited by Hillbilly farm boy
  • Like 4

could have been jono?

no seriously that is an awesome and very interesting story. i would have been shitting myself. you should do a google to see if there are many reports like that in Aus? anyone else out there seen yowies or big foots?

Sounds like a bear, but if there were bears in Aus I would be out in the bush a whole lot more. :(

Wish I could help

aba's belive that ley lines are places where one can enter the dreaming. not saying you didnt really see it but perhaps you were at one of those spots and you were seeing into that reality if youve spent lots of time out bush chances are your pretty tuned in to that energy. ive had encounters in the bush although i havnt had a sober day in 7yrs or so. go back to the spot and ask for alliance (simple as rubbing the earth into your third eye) he was probably pissed off that a migloo was marking his territory and warning you off. yowies are usually quite friendly beings.

aba's belive that ley lines are places where one can enter the dreaming. not saying you didnt really see it but perhaps you were at one of those spots and you were seeing into that reality if youve spent lots of time out bush chances are your pretty tuned in to that energy. ive had encounters in the bush although i havnt had a sober day in 7yrs or so. go back to the spot and ask for alliance (simple as rubbing the earth into your third eye) he was probably pissed off that a migloo was marking his territory and warning you off. yowies are usually quite friendly beings.

aba's - really you think this is a decent way to talk about aboriginal people? and no i am not being politically correct here, i just dont know any fulla who likes being called or the use of the the term abo or aba as you put it, or boong or coon for that matter, surely those days are behind us?

yowies - the word comes from Gamilaraay people in NSW, yuwi is the word for dead spirit or spirit of the dead, waiting to go to where they go, and when explorers and settlers to the region first heard the word they started using the word yowie, and associated it with creatures beings like the bunyip, hairy man etc. and is now entrenched into australian mythology, removed from its original meaning and spiritual significance.

what makes you think of them as friendly beings?

this has been told to me from a well respected member of the aboriginal community working with the Gamilaraay language, and in no way he referred to the yuwi as being something pleasant to encounter, but rather, stay the fuck away.

just offering my words here of what i have been told about the yowie

and then again there is the mythical creature who used to haunt these parts of the internet named yowie and he would scare the shit out of me too if i saw him in the bush :blink: but i think he is haunting parts of western australia bushland these days

• Like 1

Can you go back to the same spot in the day time and have a look for tracks? Try to replay it in your mind and you might even see some broken twigs, etc.

aba's - really you think this is a decent way to talk about aboriginal people? and no i am not being politically correct here, i just dont know any fulla who likes being called or the use of the the term abo or aba as you put it, or boong or coon for that matter, surely those days are behind us?

yowies - the word comes from Gamilaraay people in NSW, yuwi is the word for dead spirit or spirit of the dead, waiting to go to where they go, and when explorers and settlers to the region first heard the word they started using the word yowie, and associated it with creatures beings like the bunyip, hairy man etc. and is now entrenched into australian mythology, removed from its original meaning and spiritual significance.

what makes you think of them as friendly beings?

this has been told to me from a well respected member of the aboriginal community working with the Gamilaraay language, and in no way he referred to the yuwi as being something pleasant to encounter, but rather, stay the fuck away.

just offering my words here of what i have been told about the yowie

and then again there is the mythical creature who used to haunt these parts of the internet named yowie and he would scare the shit out of me too if i saw him in the bush :blink: but i think he is haunting parts of western australia bushland these days

Have you ever met one? or just been told! i know they dont like migloos (white fellas) or any1 else that wasnt invited to this land by traditional people LOL

and i wasnt being racist!!! up north aba is an indigenous word used from one black brother to another its wagul wagul dialect!

and lastly im part indigenous myself so stick that in your pipe and smoke it you twat!!!

Twat indeed! Try learning the full story before passing judgement next time hmm?

fair enough, call me twat whatever, i stick by what i say, when you say met one, do you mean yowie, cause no i havent met a yowie, if you mean aboriginal person, as met one, well yes i was born and raised in noongar country with many friends noongar, and have family members who are indigenous, so i dont mean to get into a debate about linguistics, a twat maybe i am to open that discussion in this thread, i did not know about aba being used inthe manner you explained, now i do and you have enlighted me. thank you for that, if you cant see how one could see aba as a "cute" way of saying abo without knowing hte linguistics you know behind the term then i am sorry for your ignorance.

i didnt say you were being racist, i was just thinking aba was to close to abo which i do think can be used in a racist manner. it seems i offended you, sorry bout that.

i will go back to my wadjella world of white privallage and shut the fuck up now

sorry OP for derailing your thread.

Sheather, so you knew about aba being a word from wagul wagul dialect? how stupid i am, thanks for your 2 cents.

Edited by VelvetSiren
  • Like 1

fair enough, call me twat whatever, i stick by what i say, when you say met one, do you mean yowie, cause no i havent met a yowie, if you mean aboriginal person, as met one, well yes i was born and raised in noongar country with many friends noongar, and have family members who are indigenous, so i dont mean to get into a debate about linguistics, a twat maybe i am to open that discussion in this thread, i did not know about aba being used inthe manner you explained, now i do and you have enlighted me. thank you for that, if you cant see how one could see aba as a "cute" way of saying abo without knowing hte linguistics you know behind the term then i am sorry for your ignorance.

i didnt say you were being racist, i was just thinking aba was to close to abo which i do think can be used in a racist manner. it seems i offended you, sorry bout that.

i will go back to my wadjella world of white privallage and shut the fuck up now

sorry OP for derailing your thread.

Sheather, so you knew about aba being a word from wagul wagul dialect? how stupid i am, thanks for your 2 cents.

I suppose we were both a little ignorant :blush: aba is a term which i hold very close to my heart its wagul wagul for brother (the belief being were all brothers) and when you misconstrued my meaning i fired up now ive calmed down i can quite rationaly see how you thought i was being politically incorrect the aba's up this way would probly take offence if you called them a noongah simple misunderstanding peace.

Edited by lofty86

yeah sweet, i dont mean to create enemies with you lofty, i got no gripes with you and i hope you dont with me, its hard when we are faced with written word, if we were having a yarn we wouldnt have had this issue we could of discussed it, i get riled up when i hear people use the word abo in reference to indigenous people, as where i grew up it was used and still is used in a racist derogatory manner, sorry i find it offensive, as do my close friends and family, who are aboriginal. once again sorry for derailing the thread.

lol, Emu I guess. Have u heard the thud thud they make with their throats? It's a defensive call, and about 2 ft taller than u, sounds like an emu. And as for yowie's, they r a odd thing. Poor eye sight, but can climb a tree like a koala. Seem to have an obsession with cacti too :P

a what!?!??! a yowie? man you ozzies are crazy! I thought it was a post about the Yowie, the cactus clone!

• Like 1

Cool story mate, cant say I know anything about this being, the fact that you weren't hurt, you are verry lucky to witness such a thing, thanks for sharing your story!

When I was younger I hung out in Fingal Heads a bit, surfed in the board riders club there, a couple of my mates from the club were Fingal locals and there were a couple of boys in the club that were indigenous to the area and all have talked of a similar being and a devil dog, and they weren't taking the piss, one of my mates a few years later (from the club) spotted a large creature coming out of the tweed river (tweed side of Fingal) when he was walking home one night (probably pissed), recons he shat him self and got out of there quick smart!

Peace

naja naja may have it! Ive been in thick scrub meters away from an emu .Couldn't see it, but that throat thumping was sure intimidating ,didnt know what it was at first and freaked me out but now i hear it and know its a male emu being macho on his turf.

I'm a pretty close minded, science type, so I don't think it was a Yowie. but there is also a lot I don't know...

either way, I believe you had one scary night! I usually keep a pretty cool head when faced with wierdness but would be crapping myself if I were there. :)

Like others have said I would head back there during the day and have a look around. take the dog back too. :) & I don't think your mad ;)

Sheather, please don't get involved in misunderstandings that don't involve you. VelvetSiren and Lofty worked it out. its best if everyone else stays out of it. thanks.

My few comments:

1. I met a bloke in the blackheath hotel, Blue Mountains, rough as guts, shaved head, tattoos, teeth missing, and he told me had seen a yowie twice around an area in the blue mountains (where they are most commonly sighted). This was teh kind of bloke that would have spent time in jail. I dont think he would make it up and I think he thinks he saw a tall hairy groaning ape man in the bush.

2. Books by John Keel often mention that bigfoot is commonly seen in areas of high UFO and haunting activities. Perhaps all these phenonema are connected and represent some kind of strange interdimensional thing; or occurs in areas of high electro magnetism where your temporal lobe plays tricks on you (temporal lobe electromagnetic activation has been proven to make people sense a presence or even hear a ghost).

3. In my life, usually alone Ive had some really strange experiences - UFO sightings up in NT and I lived in a haunted house. Before I experienced that stuff I would have laughed at someone else wh suggested it,but now if that shit can happen to me, straight as a die, then potentially anything is possible I guess - i cant doubt someone saying anything any les than what happened to me. people see or report the yowie quite often, so there is obviously something to it. Could be a neaderthal ghost?? WHo knows. But I am 100% certain this happened to you and that these kidns of things quite often happen to a minority of us and most people never tell anyone else for fear of being ridiculed or thought of as crazy,.

4. how north were you? My mate got shit scared by the arse of a camel once before he realised what it was!

5. Tonight walking through the forest on a short cut home up on mount dandenong my dog and i got shit scared by three large grey kangeroos who stood silently until i was basicall three metres from them in pitch black when they all piss bolted and scared the shit out of us. And they make a clumpsie racket in dense forest.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

my dad reckons he saw a yowie in western NSW when he was school age. It was across a paddock and they were kids so sizes may have been hard to judge but he swears by it.

great post zen peddler thanks for sharing that info. living in the blue mountains and can say that the 'veil' is a lot thinner here than other areas i've lived. haven't seen any yowies yet but definitley noticed areas that have odd feelings and strong vibes. i'm intrigued now and want to read some books on the subject...

i'm sure he was a nice bloke.

harry-of-the-hendersons_2.jpg

i grew up in the watagans.. large wallaroos make a very distinctive thudding sound with their feet on the earth & some of the males are absolutely huge. don't take this the wrong way but theres nothing in your report that makes me think it's anything but... as in it sounds exactly like what i would expect if it were a big wallaroo.. they have very bad eyesight & are very easily disoriented when they are spooked, which would explain why it went towards you in the beginning, they do it all the time (hence so much road kill, if you've ever driven a lot on country roads you'll know they very often just jump straight towards you in a ridiculous manner when they're disoriented, you can't help but think they must be retarded..) i like to think i'm an open minded person with a healthy respect for the unknown but i think you're letting your imagination get away on you bro.. no offense.

edit.. no emu's around the watagans these days either, but i've heard that huge thud a lot from big-ass wallaroos... very distinctive & it's freaked me a little in the past before i realized what it was..

Edited by paradox

Im sure it wasnt am emu or walleroo for two reasons, like i say i couldnt see it but i saw its shape move and it was wide like a wardrobe and bigger than a big red kangaroo. Also im pretty sure neither Emu or Walleroo would have hung around with me driving the car towards it, then the dog barking at it...

Im pretty sure any spirits could have been well pissed at me peein on their turf, but again maybe a yowie woulda been too

...of course none of all these are related with consumption of psychedelics

and the boldness of the 'veil' is dependent on where you are [sourroundings] and not how you feel about the place [brain worx]

isn't that right? :innocent_n:

• Like 1