The Corroboree
santiago

Would, why & will USA invade Australia

Any possible reason's why they wouldn't. Eventually. Possibly based on mineral's etc...possibly starting over Antartica for example. Just a topic starter, that's all.

The free trade agreement means they'll never need to.

That, and they only use guns on poor brown people and political opponents; we're mostly white and submissive.

• Like 1

there's no way.

lol JD

I bet the Rockfellers and Rothschild have invested on ozzie continent.

But I would bet than in a population elimination you might go first among the white folks.

Nice film for sci-fi , apocalyptic , post-apocalyptic screenplays these discussions...

Well, according to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it's already happened. :P

Seriously speaking, I think that we're more likely to be invaded by China than the US.

The free trade agreement means they'll never need to.

That, and they only use guns on poor brown people and political opponents; we're mostly white and submissive.

Um, Aborigines ring any bells? Oh sorry, I forgot that the Australian government has already got that base covered. :blush:

Anyone heard of Pine Gap, an American Miltary Installation in Oz, http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_pinegap07.htm

Yeah. It's kind of like Australia's equivalent to Area 51. Strange shit indeed...

Edited by synchromesh

Um, Aborigines ring any bells? Oh sorry, I forgot that the Australian government has already got that base covered. :blush:

America is the new Britain. Same imperialist swine, just more efficient.

These days they only shoot the brown people when the natural resources outweigh the cost of bullets. It's all about the bottom line and all that.

Besides, if they invaded us, who'd help them invade Afghanistan? Australia and the US are family, and as with most rednecks, you can bet we share the same bed. The only way they'd get violent is if we stop letting them fuck us consensually.

Yeeee-haw!

• Like 1

No need, we own your government already- thats enough to let the corporations that own mine to do whatever they want in Oz.

Now if you aussies did something totally unrealistic like ousted your government, broke off ties with mine, barred criminal transnational corporations from your shores, and started selling uranium to iran for their legal and legitimate nuclear energy program... well then youd be fucked.

• Like 1

Well, at least one thing is for sure. Germany wont invade shit. :innocent_n: bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

No need, we own your government already- thats enough to let the corporations that own mine to do whatever they want in Oz.

Now if you aussies did something totally unrealistic like ousted your government, broke off ties with mine, barred criminal transnational corporations from your shores, and started selling uranium to iran for their legal and legitimate nuclear energy program... well then youd be fucked.

Good points - that's way I've always looked at our government as being owned. Both major parties have slushfunds funded from the US via the CIA

Remember when Whitlam was in and wanted to run Australia without foreign control, he also wanted access to Pine gap as per the original agreement with the US ( which the US reneged on) , we all know what happened to him.

The US seriously considered a nuclear strike on us and referred to us "Commie bastards" because we wanted nothing more than self determination.

The CIA in Australia

If the US wants to invade us we would be one of the easiest nations for them to invade as they have all the override codes to our defence systems, but why would they bother they already own us ?

• Like 1

^^ Holy shit, magicdirt! I should probably look into my own country's history a little more, huh?

The American Military Industrial Complex is the earthly incarnation of the Borg from star trek (no offence intended to American citizens I am not referring to you) they invade, assimilate, plunder and then leave everything in tatters.

Maybe WW3 won't be started over Taiwan it could be over Australia. We have everything the world needs right here and everyone is wanting a bigger and bigger slice all the time.

I seriously doubt China and the US will settle their differences over a cup of tea.

Many people have grown up knowing nothing but peace thinking we live in a peaceful world and have time and time again had the wool pulled over their eyes by TV playing it down or not reporting the true facts.

If it does come down to a shit fight between the US and China I really hope they don't start it in our back yard.

• Like 1

I agree with many of the comments there, we are unlikely to be 'invaded' by a hostile US military force because of the 'free' trade

agreement and the fact that we swallow US propaganda wholesale down here. K. Rudd and Clinton just hammered out an agreement

that has invited more of the US forces to be down here using our military installations more of the timeuzi.gif . You don't steal from your neighbour

that's given you a key. Also Auxin is right, as long as the transnational corporations have access and the law on their side to make

enormous profits they won't shit in their own nest. Cut off the flow of money in any number of ways and it might be differentdevil.gif .

The land of the free has it's citizens on a very tight leash and a similar process of tightening has been going on here since well before

Whitlam. While the C.I.A. has spent more money on movies and TV than ousting foreign leaders and assassinating their own in recent times

it seems to be effective so until we do something to disturb the status quo, the invasion will continue without guns.

China is a different story, Clinton spoke clearly that if China wanted to play a more dominant role in international / world affairs the US would

expect them to abide by certain rules that all other countries at that level have become accustomed to. She left it open enough that it could

mean their record of human rights or not being aggressive to other nation states or being submissive if they want to play America's game.

So China is still a bit of a mystery, they do already have an enormous share of Australia's natural resources slap.gif so unless we legislate to slow or

stop that they'll probably play nice as well.

For those who might be interested there is a book called: "YOU ARE BEING LIED TO" with multiple authors and similar conent.

Edited by Sola
  • Like 1

WW3 is history, it ended when I was in highschool (the dirty conflict between the 'first world' and the 'second world', played out in the 'third world' to prevent nuclear holocaust, 'unofficially' constituted WW3 and killed more people than WW1 and 2 combined)

I dont really see another world war in the works. Major wars of this era would be fought for resources rather than land and if any large group of nations ganged up to plunder another large group of nations enough other people would intervene to make the war consume way more resources than it would yield to the victor.

I think there are three major scenarios that will lead to this centuries wars:

* Raping undeveloped countries for resources, like conquering afghanistan for its five to ten trillion dollars worth of minerals

* Brutalizing nations to boulster sales of war machinery, bombs, 'reconstruction' contracts, employment for mercenary firms, and all other war paraphernalia made and sold by corporations

* Disrupting a country to effect their influence on global commodity prices

In each case lies and false flag operations will abound to justify the wars and people will be indoctrinated with ridiculous and bigoted nationalism foolishness like is happening in the USA.

All three above scenarios would be brought about by and for huge corporations for their profit. Hugo Chaves, in his unique way of seeing things, counts all corporation mediated wars and exploitations as 'world war 4' and theres a fair bit of sense grouping it all together but rather than a unified and coherent war with defined sides its just the latest in human greed gone to absolutely insane and ridiculous extremes, so the mega-rich can have genuine gold floral patterns embossed on their toilet paper so it matches the gold and diamond toilet in their solid marble bathroom. Its a sickness of mankind never being content with what we have no matter how many hundreds of lifetimes we could live off the wealth we have already amassed.

So Oz may be involved in a significant war. Maybe you'll help us plunder iran, or rape somalia, perhaps china will fuck with you to mess up your exports, or vice versa, perhaps there will be a conflict over uranium sale price with the US... but you can be sure of one thing: when war comes it will be to feed the greed of people already far too rich to maintain any rationally defined measure of sanity.

To aspire to wealth is to aspire to enter a hell of never being satisfied, teach your children to aspire to live a happy, frugal, friendly, modest life instead.

• Like 1

USA is on its way out.... They cant even keep their troops stocked. Families been buying their own shit to send to the active soldiers.....

The queen already invaded australia. USA "thinks" they got rid of the Queen but really we are still both her bitch!!!!

• Like 1

...had to go through here and positise half the points made!

Auxin "To aspire to wealth is to aspire to enter a hell of never being satisfied, teach your children to aspire to live a happy, frugal, friendly, modest life instead."

:worship:

In my time in america i met more interesting, intelligent people in a few months than id met in years in Australia... People in Montana had more progressive views and were more open to other opinions than the average new south welshman. I didnt realise how conservative Australia was until I travelled.

I have to agree some of the way Zen, Auxin and other like-minded American's are all too often overshadowed/ spoken over by

people who would rather buy something they don't need than think. But the situation here is very similar, there are lots of

intelligent people who would like to effect change but like those with progressive views in the USA, they often lack the vast

capital to do it. American's like the French will stand together to achieve something because it's in their shared history,

albeit somewhat skewed by time and lasting a short period of time before neuveau rich took their place. So maybe we could learn from that.

Unfortunately the destruction of the planet that is so profitable for an elite few is also leading us toward the resource scarcity that

is likely to end up in the 'inevitable' war because some people will 'have' to invade other areas to obtain clean water to survive.

Luckily/ Unluckily the people in areas too degraded to be worth fighting over might actually surviveblink.gif .

Forget China and the US - it's Japan we should be scared of.

You know under the guise of their passive stance during the last 50 years they have been developing S.A.J.T. (Secret Amazing Japanese Technology)...I don't know what the hell they have got in store for us, but we're all fucked, we just don't know it yet.

The kick-ass japanese cyborg women soldiers are comming!

1242710907_470x353_ghost-in-the-shell-major-motoko-kusanagi.jpg

HAAHAHA @ Dale Cooper.

Bring on the Post Apocalyptic world. Scavenging in ruins, trading tools and clothing for water, rouge groups of vandals, safe communities. Ahhh thats the life. :wink:

Edited by Yawning Man

hey this has already happened once in oz, so you should know better. Don't you remember madmax?

Edited by mutant