The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Deb-One-Amine

All This Rain

Why havent we started to pump this rain water into tanks to use over summer they are just going to let it all drain away or at least into the ground and by the time summer comes out them ways it will all be gone out of the ground and they will be bitchin about a drought again with so much wide spread rain across victoria Why Hasnt Anyone Steeped up And Said Pump It Into Some Tanks It Will Be useable as Garden Water Nad Plants And Crops But If they Leave It Any Longer It Will Be A Utter Waste Of This Much Needed Down Pour.. i do agree that there alot of water and alot more that they need to worry about but building pockets of water and pumping it to tankers will surely help the flooding reside...Letting it just go is really fucking go is really grinding my gears :P

it's more complex than that, and i don't claim to know all the in's and outs, but from one perspective it's very important for water to get out into the land, it's not lost really, rivers need their flow, wetlands need to fill, ground water needs recharging, the land needs to drink.

salt water gradient gets fucked as well as gerbil said its a complex system. Look up systems thinking, it goes well.

But yeah more people should get water tanks for sure and use grey water.

Water is only going to increase in price as it seems were a dumb bunch.

Well here we at least try, at very least think about and come up with ideas etc...but yeah too funny that one spacey... :)

Too true, as international investors have realised.  Water is the new, blue gold.  See below for the article.

SMH article

Seems to be happening with alot of things, water,residential property, agriculture.

like the tune by cranky says,

Australia Don't Become America!

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water...

http://www.naturalne...tion_water.html

Having water in and on the ground, is having it in the tank ;)

put a bit aside for yourself ( in the biggest tank possible) and let the rest do its thing. ( which includes flooding :) )

it's more complex than that, and i don't claim to know all the in's and outs, but from one perspective it's very important for water to get out into the land, it's not lost really, rivers need their flow, wetlands need to fill, ground water needs recharging, the land needs to drink.

Fucking amen brother. Flush out all the build up of shit and dirt. Clean water. The natural process...is the only process.

cheers

I remeber a while back it was raining everyday, and yet on the news everynight the cathchement stayed at the same levels and our water restrictions were never eased. Then one night they stopped reporting the catchment levels, I thought about it for a second.

it's not lost really, rivers need their flow, wetlands need to fill, ground water needs recharging, the land needs to drink.

I really like this, I never thought of that, cynic I am. Nice positive feel gerbil.

post-4908-128395723832.gif and we likes rain! post-4908-128395729835.gif

frog.lime.gif

frog.purple.gif

frog.lime.gif

frog.purple.gif

At least you will have mushrooms fruitings ;)

Guest svarg26

for all of those who bought tanks under the government rebate scheme/scam. get ready for your rainwater tank tax. it's coming. all thanks to our ever so caring government.

There is no way I am paying a tax on water that falls onto my roof.

As Banksy would put it, "...is just like asking to keep a rock that someone just threw at your head"

for all of those who bought tanks under the government rebate scheme/scam. get ready for your rainwater tank tax. it's coming. all thanks to our ever so caring government.

I knew that would come. That is why when we got our 5000 ltr tank we said nothing. There was even a survey that came around with questions about water quality and that. One of the Questions was ,"do you own a water tank?". I didn't fill it out. Bloody scheming council tactics. I am loving all the rain. Though, mind you, i am in an area that is not effected by flood. I feel sorry for those people and the animals (mostly the animals) that are badly effected by all this water.

keep raining baby! well over the central west anyways. Man its almost likerainforest out here!! if ever u want to see the central west in all its beauty come NOW. we havet had rain like this in 10 years! Mount Nangar is amazing right now, waterfalls everywhere, all the streams are running. Our dams are up toaround 50% now,after being from 3 to 5 percent for the last 5 years. The rivers are flowing, and all the rain now will go into our dams and rivers.

Makes a change to the red dirt and dead gras look. As soon as it starts drying out im betting on a mouse plague of biblical proportions with all the feed out there. AMazing out at Nangar how all thewildlife has come back so quickly, seriously the place was like agranite desert a year ago, and had been for 10yrs. The place is absolutely enchantingat the moment and if anyone does wanna make the 3 hr drive from sydney id be keen to take em for a bushwalk there. Its my fav place in the world right now!!! Keep the rain coming!!!

Incognito I felt the humidity radiating from your post. Sounds really nice, it's such a great thing to be able to enjoy and appreciate the rain - especailly when most esp. city people cannot, they are rather depressed by it.

Well you may love the rain Incognito but i'm over this weather, 27"+ in the past week & more to come.

Although its mostly been the wind that's gettin to me,

I've lost a big Trich ap. and my favorite Cereus and near on 200kg of bananas :(

hey this is not rain, it's a sea! sorry to hear you losses

we have the automn period starting here too, thankfully eariler than usual!

agaricus, macrolepiotas and couple more good edibles already picked

next weekend it's gonna be a thrill

send it all down thisaway!! amazing how quickly this plcae starts to dry out. from now until early jan we get scortching northerlys, so yeah more water on our catchment the better.

It wasn't so much the rain, it was the wind that did the real damage, I lost a branch off the mango tree straight through the shed roof, i found mushroom plates floating around in their tote boxes this morning :BANGHEAD2: I guess we will see how many got contaminated??

Took most of the day to cut the branch up & replace the roof sheets.

Be careful what you wish for Incognito, I recon there's a fair chance the upper murray catchment might get more water than they bargained for this wet season.

Actually we did put people in charge to collect public rainwater for the public. They invested the money in public dams. We did this because we realised we could not co-ordinate such a huge effort ourselves.

And the guy with the plastic raintank that catches drain from his roof sometimes just does not realise, does not see the bigger picture: if it weren't for corporate association and if it were just up to him, he would have no raintank!

And he would start to gather people together into an economic arrangement so that he could at last be able to produce profitably or purchase profitably said raintank.