The Corroboree
spiders

Any finds in aussie yet?

Melbourne season is here

Have a couple of other pics but resolution is too high and can't be bothered editing it., sorry for the largish size of this pic.

Northern slope, on southern side of a fence, heavy vegetation cover.

med_gallery_239_4_157552.jpg

IMGA0170.jpg

thought i'd share this, photo was sent to me from a friend in adelaide who was camping on the weekend. looks like the season is getting underway! is it possible this is anything other than a. muscaria?

the season is here!!!

Yes that is amanita muscara - there isnt much else that looks similar.

My local gardens have heaps of difference species already - trichoderma, hypholoma, marasmius and some other weird chucky guys that had a red interior that looked like a pommygranite.

no subs yet but ill keep my eyes peeled.

the season is here!!!

Yes that is amanita muscara - there isnt much else that looks similar.

My local gardens have heaps of difference species already - trichoderma, hypholoma, marasmius and some other weird chucky guys that had a red interior that looked like a pommygranite.

no subs yet but ill keep my eyes peeled.

For those in Canberra, there are no signs of any actives as of yet. Will keep you posted :)

I'm going to go and have a stomp through the forrest today and see if I can find some subs yet. I'll take the camera so hopefully I'll have some shots later tonight.

i went to the local gardens over the weekend and found a few russulas, trichoderma and hypholoma species - no subs but it look slike a promising location.

Found the first lot of Stopharia aurantiaca in my area today, lots of them about, but the subs seemed to show first, a few days before, in this particular spot.

Found another patch of fresher subs, about 10 small ones poking their heads out of a heavily veg. littered and shaded area.

:worship: I think ive said this on EBA before but Gerbil is the man! it always seems you find the 1st and last subs of the season :D I have a feeling this winter is goin to be a cranker

yeah this winter does feel promising :)

It's prob. more to do with documenting it, heaps of people would find them and not take pics or dates, I'm usually terrible with hunting, but I know my area alot better these days than a few years back so it's really just luck and spending the time with eyes to the ground :)

Put up a few more sub pics in the gallery, and have a few more to take later today.

Anyhoo I'm going to the river, hopefully will have some fly pics by tonight...maybe...gyms should be cranking though.

I've been looking close to town with no luck yet, I'm going to go out a bit further and have a proper look over the weekend.

No flys or gyms. A few Russulas and some other little fellas. but...

LOTS of subs, they were everywhere, large and mature.

Took heaps of pics but most came out blurry, they look good on the camera until you load to the computer :ana:

anyhoo still managed to get some good snaps

gallery_239_4_92256.jpg

gallery_239_4_126144.jpg

gallery_239_4_3390.jpg

NICE ONE!

Hopefully I'll find a few nice patches this weekend too.

nice finds everyone. The south australian season has started too, today I found my first sub of the season, my brother found a couple pins and three matures. heres a photo

gallery_513_47_45311.jpg

also checked out a nearby forest and found some kind of Panaeolus growing from cow dung

gallery_513_47_175225.jpg

anyone care to take a stab at it's identity?

Edited by Trich-Aura

NIce finds and pics - keep them coming. I'll be back in australia in May, can't wait :D

Wow subs in SA in April, that's a record as far as I know.

It's not surprising though, we've totally skipped Autumn and gone straight into Winter. If the rain keeps up it should be a tip-top year and about time too.

gallery_1298_4_65073.jpg Edited by ballzac

some typical run of the mill subs there ballzac. yeah i was surprised to seem them this early too. and they are not just fruiting from the place that retains the most moisture. we found these today south-east at a high elevation where water isnt retained very well and there is a lot of exposure to the sun and elements. gallery_513_47_40697.jpg

gallery_513_47_40322.jpg

Edited by Trich-Aura

Found these yesterday in the eastern suburbs. They were in a park down by a creek, there was alot of woodchip and plenty of shade as you can see. :)

med_gallery_1056_4_66150.jpg

I don't know how you guys do it. My girlfriend and I searched for about five hours yesterday through several suburbs and we found heaps of fungii, but those three I posted before are the only subs we found in that time. :(

post-1277-1145854146_thumb.jpgpost-1277-1145854785_thumb.jpggallery_513_47_175225.jpg

anyone care to take a stab at it's identity?

we found similar shrooms in the paddock across the road

there was both the solid brown colour and the lighter banded variety together, after picking the brown ones for spore prints they dried into the light banded ones.

going on that (and the black as hell spore print) stamets book describes panaeolus acuminatus as

chestnut or deep reddish brown when moist becoming more tawny in fading from apex and remaing darker along the margin

so im guessing thats what they are

maybe?

post-1277-1145854146_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1145854785_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1145854146_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1145854785_thumb.jpg

I did pretty well today (didn't take a camera though). I found big patches of pins among a few mature ones. How long does it take for the pins and small mushrooms to mature?

I did pretty well today (didn't take a camera though). I found big patches of pins among a few mature ones. How long does it take for the pins and small mushrooms to mature?

IME a couple fo days to a week

hey MOSES, that is a pretty good guess actually. They looked kinda like foes to me but the spore print was black. so im gonna agree with that. i probably should of posted it in a new thread though it looks like i hijacked part of bluemeanie's thread off topic, sorry.

Edited by Trich-Aura

gallery_1298_4_63062.jpg

yeah the season is here alright - and a good one it seems - ive found some subs in the gardens around from where i live now (still trying to learn my way around) - up on teh great divide over the weekend i found a shit load of what looked like Gym. spectabilis - no blue staining though...