The Corroboree
spiders

Any finds in aussie yet?

I found some small coprinus but thats it thus far - i live in a new area so i dont know my way around so well yet. Good luck everyone

just got a sms from ferret so he got some shaggy manes

there is a thread on bluelight with some subs found in tasmania recently

snow is on the mountain and subs on the ground. confirmed sighting.

I had a dream last night, so i went out today and was pleasently suprised

oh yeah the fly agarics are around to :)

any one actually consume those here?

yes. but will they post about it? who knows?

Checked out riparian habitat today, not alot of action.

Found some Gymnopilus, possibly G. junonius.

And a single soft Polypore (??) one of those large brackets hanging off dead/drying logs.

No amanita, but am expecting them in that area pretty soon. They never seem to be in large numbers at this particular site, but occasionally they'll pop up in little groups.

Argh! sorry about the size everyone.

gallery_239_4_81552.jpg

gallery_239_4_469.jpg

gallery_239_4_32132.jpg

Edited by gerbil

Nice - keep them coming...

Hi all,

Almost that time again!

I've been checking around Canberra, but nothing yet.

For those that don't know, the Botanical Gardens is a great place to look :)

Good luck everyone,

Crix.

We have certainly had the weather for it down in melbourne! A bit of rain druing the week, im just wondering if has been cold enough at night yet.... Ill have a look around the place on the weekend perhaps, see if there is anything poking up yet :)

Big time cold snap but we need some balsy rain...

Does the relative humidity at night have to be high as well? So that there is dew/moisture on the ground?

Does the relative humidity at night have to be high as well? So that there is dew/moisture on the ground?

Definately need some humidity and retained moisture in the soils - if it doesn't rain try looking for mulched garden beds that have mister sprays or gullies that naturally retain moisture.

Crix: yeah the botanic gardens usually has some, dont let everyone know! I'll be back in OZ in May and that's an easy place I will be looking. There used to be some graffiti on a road barrier in the Brindabella's, past Uriarra that had 'mushies' written with an arrow pointing to a dirt track layoff where they grew. One of the more considerate bits of graffiti around :P

so far I found a lactarius delciosus in a pine tree area, and some kind of Stropharia species in my usual sub patch. btw nice gyms gerbil

Edited by Trich-Aura

I went out looking today, but all I found were these. Anyone know what they are?

post-1298-1144576067_thumb.jpg

post-1298-1144575965_thumb.jpg

post-1298-1144576097_thumb.jpg

PICT0264.JPG

PICT0274.JPG

PICT0276.JPG

PICT0264.JPG

PICT0274.JPG

PICT0276.JPG

I know them by site - im not sure what they are - Psatherella possibly, but more like hypholoma or something along those lines.

yeah, i agree, they look like some sort of psathyrella

Found a heap more of the same Gymnopilus species. All seeming to occur pretty much within a few meters of the rivers edge on fallen logs.

Lots of wombats too, but not much else.

Lol, Botanika, thats funny shit :) Nice to see people are being generous with their knowledge on a roadway! Ill have to go for a cruise up there some time to check it out.

Are you from Canberra?

To all, when are you expecting sub growth in your local areas?

Lol, Botanika, thats funny shit :) Nice to see people are being generous with their knowledge on a roadway! Ill have to go for a cruise up there some time to check it out.

Are you from Canberra?

To all, when are you expecting sub growth in your local areas?

Originally from overseas but I grew up in Canberra. I think Canberra explains why I have such a desire to travel to other places in the world :P but deep down its a good place.

Early May onwards is a good time to check around Canberra. I dont know what the influence of the big bushfires has been on mycelium though, so Id probably give places like the cotter and stromolo a miss and aim at forests that weren't affected. There's heaps around Braidwood too if your on the way down the coast.

Keep your eyes out for good edibles too - ACT has quite a diversity of endemic and exotic fungi.

Edited by botanika

Originally from overseas but I grew up in Canberra. I think Canberra explains why I have such a desire to travel to other places in the world :P but deep down its a good place.

Early May onwards is a good time to check around Canberra. I dont know what the influence of the big bushfires has been on mycelium though, so Id probably give places like the cotter and stromolo a miss and aim at forests that weren't affected. There's heaps around Braidwood too if your on the way down the coast.

Keep your eyes out for good edibles too - ACT has quite a diversity of endemic and exotic fungi.

Haha yea i get that!, Im from Melbourne initally, but when i was there had no idea about these fungi we all love so much :) What a shame, as i was in the dandenongs! perfect area for them. Have lived in Canberra now for 5 years, and am certainly getting the bug to move :P

Braidwoods a good idea, never really considered it before. Might have to go on a road trip in a few weeks methinks. Cant wait for may!

thought you might like these. they were taken early this week

post-850-1144927422_thumb.jpg

post-850-1144927451_thumb.jpg

Edited by DuG

yay!!!! :):):):)

nice to see the pics

Found amanitas in north-east vic, good rain, good humidity & temp levels here today. In all a good friday. Will go looking for subs now, not that I would pick or consume either of these species.