The Corroboree
narayan

Adelaide Ethno Meet 2nd Sunday of each month

Major gatherings?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mmm I came at 3:30, looked aroud for a hour ad left, the got called up ad came back :/

You guys have meet that starts pretty late in the day. Has it gradually, over time, gotten later? Melbourne Botanical Gardens , the place of the Melbourne plant meet, closes its gates at dusk. 'Spose you can continue elsewhere, but I like meeting in the middle of the day, when the sun is hopefully shining.

Meet starts around 1pm and wraps up around 5pm. I think the rain confused things a little so the beginning of the meet was located undercover with the second half relocated to the usual spot out in the open.

I didn't arrive until 3pm as I had some things to sort out before then.

Hope to see everyone there at the next meet. Even if the rain again seeks to confuse things.

Has the location changed? I was there between 12:30 and 2:00 but didn't see anyone I recognised.

Or has the time changed?

This weekend. So who's coming?

Ahh plant meets... always a fine excuse for abandoning mum on mother's day. I'll try and make an appearance, all going well (if it looks like there will be others in attendance).

I'll be there. Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

If anyone is not sure of the time or place of the meet, shoot one of us a pm for details.

Anyone coming to the day doof tomoz?

Shenanigans… 7th of May 12 noon til 11pm

Astral Lotus are bringing you another fun and groovy DAY PARTY!

Day-times to get your groove onto, BBQ and more.

7th of May is when it all goes down. Beats start Midday, and be early as we will be stopping the beats at 11pm sharp.

...This is due to neighbours and will be adhered to!

Chill space/cinema afterwards for those who want to stick around… please do :)

Directions:

From the city, head up the freeway, take the stirling exit. Go Straight at the first roundabout and keep going straight through Stirling, continue on through Aldgate and then Mylor (same road). Go through Mylor and Goyders is on your RHS (about 1km past Mylor).

Its looking very lush and green up there so do come and join us for fun in the (fingers crossed) sun!

Please note that if it is hailing or similar, we will probably cancel, so if the weather is looking dodgy, check back here the day before. Otherwise we are all systems go!!

Lineup:

12:00 NE1 (Dub/Dubstep/Beats)

2:00 Laik (Tribal/Prog)

3.30 Gwylo DJ Set (Wobbly beats)

5:00 Scuplt (Live)

6:30 Gnome (Tech)

8:00 Imperfect Circle (Prog/Psy)

9:30 Longrain (Close @ 11:00)

Plus Cinema/Chill afterwards so stick around :)

I'll be at the meet around 1pm.

Anyone else turning up?

Should have posted a reminder earlier but anyway... plant sale on this weekend:

Australian Native Plant Sale

The next sale is on the weekend of Sat 14th May and Sun 15th May 2011. It is at the Adelaide Showgrounds, Wayville - follow the signs from the Rose Terrace entrance.

Click here for a list of the plants expected to be available at the next sale (pdf, 64kb). This list may change over time, and should become more accurate as we approach the dates of the sale.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great company over the last few months guys. I'm finally heading home. Be sure to catch up if your ever heading in my direction.

• Like 2

All the best Rahli :)

• Like 1

Twas a good meet, although a little smaller than the last couple, but still some good yarns, good laughs to be had. On a sad note though, Rahli is going home, (which is actually good news for him and family) and we wont see Rog for a bit.

To Rahli; I'ts been great hearing your stories or getting your input in conversations, you are a character and this community is lucky to have you. I wish you and your family all the best.

• Like 1

Thanks Meeka and Quill. I was very lucky to be able to meet up with such a supportive crew to help bring some sanity to all the madness of late. Thanks again for all the cool yarns and great info. I'll miss you guys. Hope we can meet again. I 'll keep in touch one way or another.

anyone going this sunday ?

Im keen to come along with a few offerings to meet some of you guys :D

A few peeps rocked up yesterday. Meet is on every second sunday of every month though, so there should be people there again next week. Otherwise I'll just claim the goodies :P

What? Secret gatherings without my notice? What's the deal? I'll be comin this sundy

see ya there quill :)

by the cacti at around 1pm ?

Last time I turned up on time everyeon got there like 3 hours later, bout 2hrs after i'd gone home :ana:

I will eventually rock up sometime but not this weekend, have fun guys and well yeah, do ur thing :P

i'll be there today, just dragging my ass to the bus stop now.

Had this nagging feeling I'd forgotten something today... hopefully cya all next time!!

good to meet some of the crew today ! some true gurus there ;)

thanks for making me feel welcome !

cheers - tipz

Pitty I didn't make it... Hope you all had a good one. Have been wondering if I need to do a midnight venture with rockwool cubes some rooting gel (and trimming stems that might endanger eyesight only) to check out this Garden of Health? ....Actually scrap that idea, that is extremely un-correct and non-moral.

Last time I turned up on time everyeon got there like 3 hours later, bout 2hrs after i'd gone home :ana:

I will eventually rock up sometime but not this weekend, have fun guys and well yeah, do ur thing :P

Thanks for the reminder. I've been in a state of despair since that incident, pulling my hair and fighting off the blues with cocktails of psychiatric meds and alcohol. It was all my fault, no excuses. I thought I might hear a phone call, even though I never get them. Never mind. I've decided that I'll never try and be nice, despite my poor people skills, nor try and offer to meet someone in the future. Now on, it's no more attempted nice guy :P

How about Roger?!? Whats this about not going to meets anymore? I've been avoiding anything in human, so don't think it's anything personal if I haven't caught up.

Edited by Alchemica

ok,this coming sunday then,hope for a good turn out!

a good time for swapping seeds!

t s t .