The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

Ebay Loph

everything to this groover is RARE!!!!!

oh well, i got a couple of the lttle ones he was selling a a little whlie ago, they were a resonable price, and nice little babys.

350 is a bit steep for me tho, nice specimen

everything to this groover is RARE!!!!!

oh well, i got a couple of the lttle ones he was selling a a little whlie ago, they were a resonable price, and nice little babys.

350 is a bit steep for me tho, nice specimen

Can you say that you have seen plants like he is offering elsewhere, I would say some of the plants this person offers are indeed rare particularly the crest, i mean honestly how many people on these forums could say they own a crested lophophora??

I wish I had the money cos I would snap this one up in the blink of an eye lid if i did :)

Peace

Jack

I've been thinking about this one since i saw her a couple days ago. The main point which i didnt want it was because i didn't have the "perfect" spot for her, and am afraid if i buy her she'll die on me. But i've got a few lophs under fluros and they seem to be happy. Would this one go well under fluros too? Savings tin her i come if others think so...

Thanks

Nice plant, although for that amount of money I'd rather spend it on seeds. That way you'd end up with a few thousand plants and possibly some mutants. :)

Are the L.Caespitosa's non fertile but the L. Williamii Var Caespitosa are?

Are the L.Caespitosa's non fertile but the L. Williamii Var Caespitosa are?

Wouldn't one name just be a short hand version of the other.

I can definately state that the L.Williamsii Var Caespitosa is fertile as to date I have collected 4 seeds from mine

why has ebay banned loph williamsiis? I bid on one and received a warning from Ebay saying the auction ended and:

Please be aware that the following auction-style listing:

Item Number - 7732074358

Item Title - LOPHOPHORA WILLIAMSII

has been removed by eBay for violating of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this auction-style listing are now null and void. We advise you not to finalize this transaction with the seller. As stated in the eBay User Agreement, neither seller nor buyer should engage in transactions that violate the law or eBay policy.

If lophs are legal to buy and sell in Oz then how is this violating any Ebay conditions??

ebay is a private company. It can choose to ban whatever it likes. However, you also have the right to go and shop elsewhere.

Here is ebay's response to my request for clarification of their rules:

Lophophora Williamsii (peyote) cactus is not permitted for sale on eBay.

This is primarily due to the fact that the plant is known for producing

mescaline, a controlled substance. As a result, such an item would

violate our Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia policy, and cannot be listed.

I also realize that the mescaline substance itself may not necessarily

be readily "extractable" from the plant itself, and other processes must

be incorporated to produce the drug. However, this item is still

considered paraphernalia as it is essential to obtaining the ingredients

necessary to produce the substance. I understand this policy may be more

stringent than the actual applicable law; however, this is the route

that eBay has decided to take in this matter, and no exceptions can be

made.

Someone should send them an email with all species known to contain mescaline. Consistency, consistency.

Someone should send them an email with all species known to contain mescaline. Consistency, consistency.

Do you really think they'd say "oh ok, we now notice we were allowing Trichocereus sales but not Lophophora, we will allow both" ..rather they would disallow both.

Do you really think they'd say "oh ok, we now notice we were allowing Trichocereus sales but not Lophophora, we will allow both" ..rather they would disallow both.

I believe that listing was closed in error, as they are still allowing lophophora sales.

it's no error. Lots of people have been shut down for selling Lophs on ebay. I know two who have had their account closed after the third warning. But you are right that this gollum character has been getting away with it for months. Good on him. I know that others have been deleted even while he had some listed.

I would just like to let you all know that the gollum on the corroboree (ME) is not the guy selling on ebay.

Just like to clear up any confusion. :)

Exactly.

Also Opuntia, among others.

yes, I don't really understand the deal on ebay. I'm guessing the ones getting shut down are being done in (reported to ebay) by angry customers who think the seller is charging expensive prices for the lophs. That's my guess.