The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
occidentalis

Most psychedelic-looking plants

those plants are awesome :)

i picked up Aloe polyphylla from bunnings

itll take years to look like those though..

normal_aloe_polyphylla.jpg

My 2 favourite geometric cacti are Azureocereus hertlingianus and Matucana madisoniorum

the latter.

normal_matucana.jpg

I dont know if its psychoactive. but it sure looks like a contender hey ;)

Anything that spineless probably keeps its defence mechanism just beneath the skin

Edited by Rev

if we are just talking tripped out some orchids are insane.

greg023.jpg

july095.jpg

both from http://www.orchidworks.com

good post topic by the way.

would be awesome to make a tripping garden. i know most gardens are good for it anyway but to design one specifically would be great.

plants that are bright and crazy. spongy and weird feeling plants. really nice smelling plants.

i think i would want a pond aswell - to watch for fish that pop up to say hello to the happy trippers.

Man, those "Vanda Paki 'Alice Motes'" are too much! :D

I swear those things have faces from that angle.

Edited by strangebrew

Argyroxiphium sandwicense subsp. macrocephalum

post-1300-1131711807_thumb.jpg

and..Rafflesia Arnoldi

post-1300-1131711857_thumb.jpgpost-1300-1131711934_thumb.jpg

post-1300-1131711857_thumb.jpg

post-1300-1131711934_thumb.jpg

post-1300-1131711857_thumb.jpg

post-1300-1131711934_thumb.jpg

Jade vine, those flowers on it look like little elf heads laughing when im straight, cant imagine what they would look like tripping.

wow, some really cool pics there! i dont think i'll be able to top those, but i'll contribute non the less!

here is a top down photo of my Azureocereus hertlingianus, mentioned previously by rev...this ones for you mate... (btw, that matucana looks familiar)

gallery_529_3_19194.jpg

personally, I've always liked the look of these guys...

gallery_529_3_31211.jpg

Astrophytum asterias, this is a pic of one of my babies. Not as psychedelic looking as some of the above mentioned plants, but very striking in its own way...

Anyway, enough cacti...

I've also find the way some types of ferns develope quite trippy, reminds me a bit of those swirling fractal images

gallery_529_7_26867.jpg

Lavendula angustifolia

Colored scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of a cross section of a

lavender leaf (Lavandula augustifolia). Numerous dense branched

hairs (trichomes) cover the leaf's surface. These have both a protective

function against pests and serve to reduce evaporation from the leaf.

The pale-brown, rounded structure in the lower centre is an oil gland

which produces the plant's aromatic oil. Lavender is a herb which grows

wild in the Mediterranean region, but is farmed all over the world.

Magnification: 590 X.

lavendel.jpg

im down with u rimbaud....

the scent of a mr lincoln rose as it is just opening up puts me in states of ecstacy that mdma could never!!!!

alas i am leaving my roses now, i presently look after two hooge rose gardens here each with around 400 specimens in each garden, they will be about the only thing i will miss here though.

Yes rimbaud, i love roses to..i love the vinyards here in orange that have a rose bush planted at the end of each row of grapes.They use them as an indicator when pests are around , as the pests will usually congregate on the roses before the grapes, so the vignons know what pests they are dealing with on their block...so romantic to look at.. :wub:

im down with u rimbaud....

the scent of a mr lincoln rose as it is just opening up puts me in states of ecstacy that mdma could never!!!!

i totally agree

a good friend of mine makes a tincture of this same rose and i have both felt and observed the effects on others

( i dosed somebody unknowingly with afew drops of tincture - they were in a panic state so i gave them a glass of water with some in it - in 10 minutes they were a different person)

ive often wondered what MDMA and the tincture would be like

aroma and MDMA can be powerful catalysts. I recall inhaling the captured perfume of N caerulea while on MDMA

the effect was beyond words

It was a heap of fresh flowers soaked in vodka, and what i was sniffing was in fact the empty glass which had traces of the volatiles.

That's how I feel about lemon myrtle...I was starting to think I was going crazy.

ive always had a huge thing for the daturas - its probably a little bit passe to say so, but i can simply admire them for quite a long time - they are so creepy/magestic yet sinister

i give lithops a vote, and other Sth african mesembrynanthemums like faucaria sp...so chunky and funky.

I once lived on a cattle farm, and there was this weird solanaceaous plant whose fruits I thought were most odd. the leaves were hairy and prostrate, and the cherry-tomato sized fruits grew beneath, yellowy-orange, riddled with green veins like an eyeball. nothing ate them...they just looked evil. A mate reakoned he stuck a pin in one, licked it and tripped out for days. He called it 'devil apple'. I wasn't game enough to try. Anyone know what this plant is?

fruits look similar rev (nice photos too), but lack 'veins.' Also, leaves were always prostrate...lying flat on the ground, 'furrier'... and don't remember such pronounced spines. I've also heard them referred to as 'kangaroo apples'...but that's a common name for a number of plants afaik. You live in the same area...might be some in a paddock thereabouts

i grew the one you mean one time back in austria, from a fruit i picked at the uni botanical gardens vienna, it was the most scary looking plant i ever grew, all parts of it said stay off, unless you know my secrets...

it had veins of a deeper green on the fruits and even the rosetta hoding the fruit had enormos spikes.

however i think to remeber once the fruit turned yellow the veins dissapeared, it was an apple of sodom.

i guess it could make you horny and be used for abortions as the name sodom suggests.

i don't think the name has to do with it's apperance, as regardless of your sexdrive and preferences, no one even the people of sodom and gomora would eat a spikey apple, lol.

Ever since the first spice journey, Acacias and Eucalypts have never looked the same, especially when it's just sitting on dusk and viewing from a distance. Without fail a beautiful shadowy, erratic yet somehow ordered geometric pattern in the canopy. A pleasure to admire in more of a dull black and white shadow state rather than all the colours of the rainbow.

Beautiful A. hertlingianus Vfx, absolutely stunning.

Hey Rev, did you edit something about M. madisoniorum and direct sunlight? I swear i remember some mention of it. Anyhoo mine takes full summer sun on bricks without a worry, have neglected it to the extreme and it didn't look phased at all, just slowed it's growth, but no sunburn at all. It looks similar size to yours, bit bigger than a large orange.

How about passiflora flowers? Quite unique with a cheeky insectile character.

Pandorea jasminoides, the bower of beauty, extremely energetic with a insectile nature. Quite a different character when it's in flower as opposed to the twining stems and lush foliage, yet equally satisfying.

Thick glaucous coat further brought out by the morning dew on Columnar trichs is another one not to pass up! The cool stillness of the mornings definately help get you into a good mind set.

i havent edited tho i may have written it eslewhere

yes i notice mine do not cope well with the full direct sun up here

they apprecaiate full sun till noonish then part shade and not aft sun

same goes for many plants

maybe the sun is just a little more ferocious up here

certainly feels it sometimes

heres another...

a new bud on an opuntia

geometry reminds me of the chrysanthemum/lotus like protopattern oft seen while tripping heavily

normal_november05%20060.jpg

fruits look similar rev (nice photos too), but lack 'veins.' Also, leaves were always prostrate...lying flat on the ground, 'furrier'... and don't remember such pronounced spines. I've also heard them referred to as 'kangaroo apples'...but that's a common name for a number of plants afaik. You live in the same area...might be some in a paddock thereabouts

Solanum Marginatum??

Sounds like a paddy melon to me.