The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

LSD no days simply ISNT LSD

After another night of dissappointment, I thought I'd post to see if im noit alone - although Tort and others have expressed similar views.

I dont know what it is, but after 2000 every time I've partaken in syd, its like a completely different experience. And its one that i liken to wanting genuine lobster and being served a yabby caught from a dirty drain...

If there is one thing ive done in my life i guess, its taken a fair bit of quality acid when i was younger. This wasnt hard when i lived two doors down from a dude that nearly always had 4 or 5 sheets of 100 sitting around in his college room. During those days i would say that we did easily 80+ trips.

Whether they were hoffmans or getafixes, these guys literally blew your mind - sure there were visuals, but there was also profound changes in perception, perceptions of self and ego, of the environment, there was i strong stimulant affect that wasnt just a restless mind, it was like suddenly understanding everything and seeing the wonder and spirituality of everything - even everyday objects like stopsigns seemed infinitely profound.

Your whole bpdy felt warm and energised - everything seems strange and otherworldly and everything is extremely funny and whacky - colours were more profound and watching the sun rise was always a highlight.

Wandering through a park at 5am completely alive, awake and energised was the norm. Then when the comedown started, you still had that strong, warm body feel that had made you chuckle and giggle all evening.Nearly always I would get extremely horny and so would most people i was with. I remember complete strangers once practically rooting each other in a room we were all in one night on getafixes.

AND - most profoundly of all, you were never bored or in a 'cant be fucked attitude.'

The acid of today however is very different. It certainly makes you get visuals to some degree and does give you a restless mind at stronger doses, but its missing so much of the LSD experience that I cant explain what it is.

But other than visuals and a restless mind, i feel lazy and cant be fucked going for a walk or doing much. I dont feel at all like my mind is intune with anything profound. It reminds me very much of a LSA experience. My partner was again in bed two hours later, and I was just sitting there thinking.

This is about the tenth time since 2002 that ive taken paper and had this experience - subtle visuals, coldness, sleepiness and then a restless mind in the comedown. Missing are the warm body buzz, the energy, the strong spiritual perception of things, the changes in perception, the horniness, whackiness and extreme humour of all things.

Its like a cheap immitation - feeling fake and unreal.

The fact that i cant take a paper at 2am last night and be here now at 1pm the next day writing this clearly and without any discomfort of the mind speaks volumes about its potency or lack thereof.

In all my experiences i can say without any shadow of a doubt - pure LSD as it is meant to be made and taken is never sleepy, or dreamy, or relaxed. It is always energised. WHether it was the quality stuff in australia or the stuff my partner got when she was on holidays in california, it was energised and warm. The mental and perception changes were the most profound aspect of normal acid.

So what could be causing this huge change in quality or experience? One that many people have agreed with me about. Some worry that if a person had only ever taken acid from recent batches they would actually have a fairly disappointing understanding of LSD when hte truth is so much more profound and brilliant!!!!

I think it is still definately ergot based - i say this because i got strong vasoconstricting affects - or seemed to - as i had very cold hands and feet like you would from an ergot-based substance that is used to treat migraines.

LSA is not active at these doses. So is it just poorly isolated LSD? In terms of purity is it like a 1 out of 5 or something? I would think that poor purity would just be like a very low dose of whacky acid, rather than an alien and definately different experience.

its so confusing!!!!

It just inst acid! Anyone keep a sheet of 100 Getafixes or hoffmans from 2000 for a rainy day?? Hope so! Cause, Its raining mate!!!!!!!!!

From research i reckon it may have been 5-meo-AMT

acid that's been on paper for more than a year or two will be inactive

well the getafix's i saw going around early 2005 were certainly the real deal

as were plenty of other types paper or liquid or sugar

maybe u r just meeting the wrong crowd?

Torsten:

acid that's been on paper for more than a year or two will be inactive   :(

I disagree. It really depends on how it's been stored. Less potent, almost definitely, but not inactive!

Nah this was that same sleepy, lazy vibe - and i got a headache and my partner got nasty stomach shit =- nausea and the like.

One of my mates has done 5-meo-AMT in the states and he reckons it sounds the same - restless mind, boredem and frustration with some visuals.

The vibe was so different i dont think it could have been acid in my opinion.

REV! Dont make me bloodyt jealous!!

BM, it's called getting old... it's OK, really, there are compensations :)

recently tried a geometrix-they seem old-skool!! :D

My guess would be it's 5-meo-AMT. It's been sold around here as "acid".

Guest d0tb0y

according to the reports about people who actually purposely ingested 5-meo-amt, there was a bit of a consensus that it makes your bowel empty often, sometimes uncomfortably. of everything that's gone around, i don't think it's caused me to have even the slightest sensation of uncontrollable poop-ness.

Because of the size of blotters it's hard to adulterate them, even LSA would be fairly inactive, and you'd probably notice the muscle cramping if it was a dodgy extraction anyhow, and I haven't noticed these comparative to a true LSA experience.

My two cents is, there *is* a reason why LSD isn't the same as the LSD that was around back then - because the person who was taking LSD back then is *not* the person who is taking lsd now. Perhaps you're getting used to it. Perhaps you're subconciously getting -over- it. Perhaps your neural network is just changing. The more you have a negative attitude the more the neurons will arrange themselves in this way.

Remember the subconcious and your attitude largely have an influence on the experience no matter the dosage. Perhaps acid these days suck because everyone is complaining that it sucks, therefore it's being absorbed in negative energy and the attitude affects the overall trip. Ask a friend to give you a tab blindfolded. Not telling you the dosage, brand, or saying a single word about it. See how you feel from that. Guaranteed you'll have enjoyed it more than if you saw what 'brand' it was and attributed stereotypes and influences upon it.

I think perhaps one should look objectively at a trip and not the dosage or method of administration first, otherwise people will always run into the situation of 'this looks like crap' and then it turns out crap.

All in the mindset imho. Never had any problems with anything that's gone around, and thats the way it will stay because i refuse to think otherwise. *shrug*

[ 05. July 2005, 08:25: Message edited by: d0tb0y/n00dle ]

Ive heard those kinds of possibilities before and I dont buy them at all.

I am 100% sure this isnt the case. The reason i knw this is that in 2003 i got some old acid from a mate and it had the same - BRILLIANT - affecst - and this was BETWEEN the time that i had got the dodgy acid that is everywhere nowdays.

So Ive had the same crap affects, then a dosage of the better stuff and then more of the crap stuff.

In varying ways my observations are the same as 5 seperate people i have spoken to who agree. Each of these people are also experienced and are of varying ages.

People who sell me the acid - such as at a club nowdays often tell me about the fact that they feel relaxed and feel like lying around - if anyone has done real acid they would know that this is never the case!

Ive heard the old set and setting argument used for issues with mushrooms and other things to argue against what ever i was trying to say and to be honest i am sharp enough to acknowledge the difference. To suggest that my expectations coloured the experience so profoundly would suggest that I am so naive that i wouldnt be aware of this - give me some credit.

If you look at it this way, i think it makes it pretty obvious to me that it isnt some bodily reaction that is some how making me and my friends immune to acid's true affects:

1. between 1992-1999 I bought paper from one guy and always had the same experience. He gets married and stops and the guy he got it off dies.

2. I cant get any paper between 2000 and 2002 other than a couple a mate stashed for a rainy day.

3. I get acid from new people from the batches that start to over run the market - always very weak, makes me feel tired and feel like doing nothing - few visuals. Always has a sour taste.

4. Mate rings me and says he has some old trips - i take half one night and get the great - normal reaction - yippee!

5. acid from various sources, difference potencies but always that non acid vibe.

Im 100% sure something is wrong - I 100% do not agree that it is my body and all my friends bodies telling us subconsciously to expect all acid not bought from my original contact will be crap and then suppress the reaction...

My friend Sean got 2-meo-AMT in blotter form in california.

Interesting in my dreams i only started getting doing "sid recently and a few times i have had some bad poopiness hahaha but that could have been from the food ingested prior, but besides that i have not felt dreamy or like sleeping during the experience which was always full of hullcinations or altered perception aslo i did not at all feel restless :) but now it seems the source is dry.....Anyway i think it's best to take in more experienced persons knowledge they know in the matter in all seriousness

Afterall most ppl do want to know what they are taking is in fact what they are sold :D

just my 2cents

plenty of good strong acid around. as with everything, its who you know.

Tasmanian Devils & Pharoes have the thumbs up from what i've heard.

cid.png

homer simspons

i haven't got the years experience to comment on how these compare to the old days, but probably the best tabs i've got in the last two years.

If one desired a true acid experience, one would only need to go to nimbin to be satisfied. For me this is too distant *ahem* does anyone know what the paper is like in albury?

Pharoes certainly dont have th thumbs up form me. They rnt good cid they make u hallucinate and giggle like a bitch so im told but its just not very strong as in u dont feel liek ur really gone u no u r but it just doesnt seem that way no changed perception eitha.

SPOT ON! THEY ARE THE ONES I WAS TALKING ABOUT!! PHAROAHS! They aint acid!

Really dont want to patronise you there Mark, but if you think that those Pharaohs compare to any acid around before 1999 I'd have to STRONGLY disagree with you - and Im not alone there.

They are almost certainly 5-meo-AMT and the experience is nothing like true acid.

My point here is - if one suggests that the majority of acid in australia is actually something other than acid - or synthesised in a much poorer way - and people may have only tried acid since 2001 - perhaps they would only have ever tried the dodgy acid and would know the difference??

i agree in disagreeing with simon on the pharohs they are pritty crappy though the dilberts are back form a bit of absonce and they are quite good but then agine i only started thinking about cid in the last 2 years so i have no idea on what aicd was like back in the day but there is the good ts and the crap ts much like im sure its always been with every drug

Id love to hear Torsten's opinion on this topic, since he also suggested once that SOME of the papers that were floating around his neck of the woods weren't acid - similar but not the same...

One time a piece of acid ate me, it was a dilbert.

Before it ate me, I came on here and searched for dilbert, a few people mentioned they were clean in the infamous "Lsd - Mushrooms" thread and that was pretty much enough for me.

I climbed into the acids mouth and off I went. It wasn't an amazing trip, but I did get caught trying to coax a brick wall into melting (it looked so rigid).

Definitely got my mind rolling in a good direction though :)

well i remember there was a flood of good to strong paper in melbourne around 92-95 and actually some of the strongest was discovered by a now unknown source in brisbane.

i agree with the years gone by the quality has gone to the pixies, during the course of this year AFOAF from uzbekistan recently visited the same city mentioned above was able to locate just one square called barbie dolls, during his visit.

and he posted over the net somewhere i forget where i saw it, that there was almost 1 tenth the strength of squares in the early to mid 90's

interesting read none the less, the paper these days are definatly not as interesting, just to much advertising i guess on regulations and drug busts.

love thy red dragons,micro dots and daffy ducks!!!!!!!!!!

[ 06. July 2005, 14:18: Message edited by: jasemateau ]

about 5 days ago i was thoroughly CONVINCED that my best friend was a ghost for about 5 hrs,,and was fearful of being locked up as a complete loon speaking to someone who isnt really there!!,,his body disappeared and was just a head hovering above a chair,,i then completely believed he was my dead grandfather,,and was (seeming to me) conversing with him accordingly.....

was a totally freaky trip,,if we held each others gaze we both experienced each others features changing gradually into the other persons,,weird thing is this was only HALF a trip,,and ive eaten more than id like to own up to and never had such effects from say dumping 3.

weird how these experiences on acid seem so real..im still trying to figure out if hes my friend or a ghost!!!!!!!!

im just so glad there were mates there that helped me come back after about 5 hrs of hardcore ball-tripping!!!

thanks geometrix!!!!

was crazy shit and could go on and on about it in more detail,,but id say id bore the shit outta ye :D

When you first raised this issue last year, or was it the beginning of this year, I suggested a number of reasons as to why the substitute could be 5meoAMT, for which I was scorned at the time. Now it seems my theory holds water, you should go back and look at my posts and try to determine using some of the quite practicable tests i suggested.