The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

Schapelle Corby guilty or innocent ?

So now it's your say , do you think she is guilty or innocent ?

i voted innocent purely because i would hope that she wasnt stupid enough to smuggle that much weed into that country.

really? i voted guilty because i think she does look that stupid enough.

no, no, that sweet doe-eyed demeanour doesn't fool me...

looks stupid like a fox?

I like Darren Hinchs observation that she didnt seem to notice her boogie board was now pregnant. I dont think she'd be happy knowing that the police here are joking on tv about the coke that went missing from the drug dog skool.

im not voting cause im not sure.

one thing i am sure of is that australia's media has been really fucked up in the whole affair.

channel nine has been acting in a ridiculous manner.

hate to be cruel but i would like to see someone come up with some hard evidence that absolutely convicts schapelle so the media really cop it.

[ 27. May 2005, 08:55: Message edited by: Hagakure ]

-

[ 27. May 2005, 08:54: Message edited by: Hagakure ]

Yes Hag the media especially channel Nine have exploited the fuck outta this case in a war for ratings FUCK channel Nine the fucking ratings whores!!!!!!!

I think she's innocent especially with is uproar of bag handlers and coke and dogs and talcum powder :D

i think she is gulty from the given stories i have heard that seem to be coherrent actually and the same story. if sumtin isnt true generally u wont find 1 story that is the same as the others but i this case i have this story repeated almost 2 an exactness in every instance. the reason y the govenment werent very invovled was because in fact aus customs let the pot go through in her bag and then tipped off the bali customs to pick ti up which they did and hence the govenments small proceedings in thw hole thing. they knew she qwas guilty so y should they help her

if she was guilty what sentence would you give her?

i think 4 years max in an australian jail.. 4 years is a long time in jail.

And cut off one of her fingers

[ 27. May 2005, 10:28: Message edited by: Endrogen ]

I think it would be more like a maxium of 15 ( atleast in qld might be 20 even ).

I think she guilty really only because of the way she reacted at when the security guy tried to opening her bag.

Though I don't think she has gotten a fair trial.

[ 27. May 2005, 10:36: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

quote:

And cut off one of her fingers

but then she won't be able to sew as many counterfeit wallets in the sweat shop.

as far as i'm concerned if she's guilty she should be executed, cos if you buy marijuana you're funding terrorism. think about that the next time you light a joint

viv la resistance!

surely there does exist many small marijuana networks unrelated to terrorism?

twix elbert:

as far as i'm concerned if she's guilty she should be executed, cos if you buy marijuana you're funding terrorism. think about that the next time you light a joint
Well legalise it!...as I type, my Pentium processor is humming away. This processor was manufactured by a US company. They pay tax on profits resulting from these sales. This tax goes to the US Government....Shit!, I've funded the US "War on terror", the building of a detention camp in Cuba etc,etc.

Regarding Miss Corby, my uninformed,irrelevant opinion is that the marijuana in the boogie board case was her property.

[ 27. May 2005, 16:59: Message edited by: noun ]

ok, maybe i have a bug up my arse tonight just being back from hell and all. but i can not believe that the few here are cold heartless bastards!

No offense, but i would fuckin love to see you in her situation! and fucking think of what you said here!

quote:

Instant Karma's gonna get you,

gonna hit ya right in the face,

better get yourself together,

join the human race...

- John Lennon

I mean For Fucks Sake!

b people

EDIT - Now this isnt based sorely on this thread, but a few i have read about here recently. but is anyone here spiritual or shamanic at all? or do most just like to fucking hide behind it and give the few bad name????

[ 28. May 2005, 02:33: Message edited by: Amulte ]

obviously a life sentance for having some grass is "cruel & unusual" punishment,--like the death sentance there is no thought for 'rehabilitation', only for 'deterance'.

unfortunately i think she knew there was 4 kgs extra with her boogie board when she claimed it from the baggage carousel

just coz i think she's guilty don't mean i think she should be punished except, perhaps forced to sit down and smoke the whole packet or sternly warned not to bring any smoko unless u bring enuf for everyone; but anyone punished for mj has, imho, been treated unfairly. Legalise it and free corby.

if anyones interested

Corby LIVE Court Blog

Corby is almost like, i think it was, john sinclare . back in the 70's the US gov gave him 10 years inprisionment for possession of 2 joints.

quote:

Dont ya care for John SinClare,

in the scare for breathing air.

Give a prayer for John SinClare,

hes in the scare for breathin air.

Let him be, set him free,

let him be like you and me.

they gave him ten for two.

What else can george columbo do?

ya got to got to got to got to

got to got to got to got to

got to got to got to set him.....

FREEEEEE!

- John Lennon & Yoko

it's over!

she got 25 years!

If that was me I would hope someone would be kind enough to supply me with a lethal dose of cyanide.

The only thing that could be much worse would be to be in Guantanamo imprisoned without charge indefinately by the bastions of democracy.

yeah sorry my mistake i mustve misheard

still pretty tough though

i would also hate to be in her position. but that is why personally i wouldnt travell to those countries. becoz im aware that many people have pot stuffed in there bags by coruppt handlers and simply wouldnt risk it. i feel for her and wen i think about it i think it was just some pot 20yrs for pot i think is a bit much even if it was 4 kgs. it is natural and not as harmful as many other drugs can be in short term. but i guess there is no point wonderin if she's guilty anymore coz shes been convicted

Amulte:

whether shes guilty or not is a different question to whether the penalty is fair.

on the former - maybe, probably not.

on the later def not

if it were 20kg heroin id still say no simply cos the person caught is always the mule not the big boss

if they caught the big boss they should eat their own product

First I thought she was guilty, then I thought the baggae handler story was a bit far fetched. Then they arrested a baggage handler the other week for drug trafficking. For fucks sake, just imagine being in her position if she is indeed innocent!!!??!!!!

I have been wrongly accused before and had my life temporarily ruined by the judicial system on what is in comparison a totally trivial matter. If you are innocent you simply don't believe that the judges wil find you guilty because you have this sense that they will know what the truth is. It's stupid - they don't. So while there is reasonable doubt in Shapelle's case I think it is disgusting to even suggest she got what she deserved.

And that is apart from the fucked up absurdity of losing your life or 20 years of it as penalty for carrying some plant material in your luggage. :mad: :mad:

What pisses me off most though is that the judicial system managed to put Abu Bakar Bashir in jail for a tenth of the time Shapelle got. I guess she would have been better off carrying 4 kilos of explosives with her and blowing up the airport.

I can sense that this case will make many folks think twice about where their next holiday is going to be. At least for a few weeks....