The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

Execution styles ?

With all this talk of execution lately i was wondering what would be the most popular way to go if you had the choice?

Dude, you should have made 'death by poor spelling in a poll questionnaire' one of the options! :P

I think half of those were mis-spelt. slow.... down.... :D

[ 23. April 2005, 02:42: Message edited by: Benzito ]

sorry I've benn drinking instant coffe this morning :P

Urrrrgh. That stuff is vile.

I bet you've got some nice breath right now. :P

I'm for the firing squad personaly ("shoot straight you bastards." - Breaker Morant) But i didn't think anyone else would feel this way ? So to see that others have voted for this style has suprised me. Maybe the Indonesians are the most humane executioners (oxymoron?) you would think the Yanks with their leathal injections and "ride the lightning" deaths would have worked out the best way to go , maybe they want more than a humane killing , maybe they want revenge ?

theres really interesting stats on all this stuff... studied it for psych

varies ALOT depending on gender... most people know that women are much more likely to attempt whereas blokes are much more likely to be successful

blokes usually go the gun or the jump of building... sure fire method

chicks more likely to do "passive" methods like od and cut themselves

heres a tip... dont try to o/d on meds to coimmit suicide... you almost always survive... and just end up in hospital on dialisis!

wouldnt b fun

2b a firing squad is just so impersonal, many of us demand the intimacy that only comes with a lethal injection or stoning!

in terms of the difference between the indonesians and US, i think given that the US only executes murderers (and military deserters???) there'd be a lot more malice involved. and everyone is more likely to convinced themselves "justice was done" if they're executed in an overtly painful way. it's funny everytime you read an article about an upcoming technology like thought-controlled robots you always have some US general getting excited about how this'll revolutionise the art of killing people.

anyone seen the running man with arnie? they had the right idea -- turn someone's life into a prime time game show and make instant celebrities of the condemned!

smogs:

chicks more likely to do "passive" methods like od and cut themselves

reminds me of the little saying, "Remember kids, its up the street...not across the road"

-bumpy

I remember reading something, somewhere, about how the lethal injection was actually in reality a terrible way to die.

The first part causes total paralysis so people can't tell how much pain the second part causes.

Wouldn't put it past them devious Yanks to come up with that!

Isn't hanging the most unreliable? That's the one for me.

[ 23. April 2005, 12:09: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

my old ancient history teacher used to tell me that if the gilotine stopped without cutting you then you were set free as it was looked apon as an act of god rather than mechanical failure.

i could be wrong though, she was too old.

I pick other, I think Id rather OD on mass amounts of alcohol and pills, at least u wouldnt know what was going on.

No you're right Amulte, that's the reason I chose hanging.

It was probably only a Western christian thing but they could only try to kill you once.

I think it still applies, not sure though.

Over dose of either prolly an benzopoid ( prolly in combo with other things ) or say generally ansethetic say Nitrous :P go out laughing. Something similar to the later would be how I'd commit suicide.

[ 23. April 2005, 13:40: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

Gee firing squad would suck.

In america they used to get a doctor to find someone heart and put a red target there. So the bullet would rupture the heart and cause almost instant death.

If they don't do this though, chances are good your actually gonna die from slowly bleeding to death from countless bullet wounds.

Drowning like they did to witches seems like the best way to me. Death from drowning is dreamlike and it would be great to go out like a sorceror.

Hmmm, the most obvious are missing. If I was severely incapacitated at the time then KCl injection would be the best. Instant heart attack with no chance of recovery unless you are already in a hospital. It's not painless, but at least they can't bring you back from it.

If I had more mobility and options then I'd take an anaesthetic like nitrous and then slowly drift off in an atmosphere of carbon monoxide. I don't think I'd go for the car exhaust version, but the latest japanese suicide craze of portable charcoal burners sounds like a smart way to do it. I think such an inhalant combo would be preferable to the various narcotic injections.

quote:

If they don't do this though, chances are good your actually gonna die from slowly bleeding to death from countless bullet wounds.

Ive seen the full irac execuition video where the put like 5 women and children in front of a firing squad. at the end the captain lookin bloke shoots em all in the head so they dont bleed out.

Nasty!

EDIT - also ive seen a few of those beheadings unfortunatly. thats no way to die :( i wouldn't call it execution though

[ 23. April 2005, 14:18: Message edited by: Amulte ]

quote:

i always thought that out of a firing squad, only one had live ammo, the rest were blanks? that way you could sleep easier cos you weren't entirely sure if you were the one who had killed them. i still reckon, and i bet CS would agree, that the ultimate way to go would be to drown under the influence of k, a la DM turner. little awareness of your body with a rich mindscape to keep you entertained.

according to my dather, my grandmother was witness to the beheadings of her 7 brothers in WW2. i regard everything my dad says with a grain of salt but it may be true, haven't pressed for details.

in this issue of Melancholic Monthly: What Does Your Suicide Method Say About You?

Hanging is unreliable in that if it doesn't go as planned i.e. it doesn't break you neck causing immediate death you suffer a slow blue faced choking to death.

twix elbert:

according to my dather, my grandmother was witness to the beheadings of her 7 brothers in WW2. i regard everything my dad says with a grain of salt but it may be true, haven't pressed for details.
Deutsch?

Why only morbid options? I want to go out smiling...in flagrante delicto for preference, on my bike for seconds.. or maybe both at once

Heh twix, I was just about to hit the reply button.... :)

Asboloutely 100% no doubt about it , the ONLY way to go out in style is drowning on ketamine!!!!!! I've already locked it in, probably do it in a few years!!!

I'll probably arrange and pay for my funeral well in advance and it's not going to be one on those nancy fucken dickhead funerals where everybody goes there and listens to sad music and cries boohoohooo etc fuck that ridicuous shit. It's going to be awsesome!!! Open bar, lot's of drugs, really good music, everybody will have a great time and then i want to be buried naked in the ground, no coffin,no clothes just me and dirt. Everybody that goes to my funeral wil have a great time and im going to host the whole thing via pre-recorded video.

It absoloutely shits me how everybody gets so precious and ridiculous about death, wake up to yourself people, death is nothing to be worried about at all!!! I would fucken top myself tomorrow if I didn't have anything better to do. No shit.

Even basic common sense should suggest that this is NOT ALL THERE IS TO EXISTENCE, i mean it should be fairly obvious also that this is not going to be as good as it gets, what comes next is gonna be fucken beautiful and strange and extraordinary and incredible and amazing and sensational and we're going to feel so fucking ridicuous for thinking that a single thing that ever took place on this planet meant a single fucken thing. it shits me seeing people get all cut up over people dying on them, fuck that shit, be happy for em and move on!!! Death should be celebrated not mourned!!

Something that also shit's the fuck out of me is how everybody thinks that D.M Turners ketamine death was accidental, some sort of mishap!!! Don't be fucken ridiculous!!! There was nothing accidental about it!!! I have done ketamine in the bath tub (literally) hundreds of times, no fucken way was his death some sort of accidental mishap, it was simply the vehicle for him to move into his next dimension of existence, fucken accidental death, blehhhh!!!! bullshit!!!!

Drowning on ketamine!! Im getting horny just thinking about it now!! There could not possibly be a better way to go then this, except for maybe going out in a blaze of glory, guns blazing, taking out as many cops as you can before a bullet lands in your head hahahaha. Maybe I should start up some sort of death cult where we all get together at the end and take ketamine wearing cement shoes, then after injecting the k we all jump into the pool or some shit, that would be an absolute blast!!! When all that DMT comes flooding into the brain it's going to mingle with the ketamine perfectly, one of the most enriching and rewarding and spiritually enlightening experiences I have ever had was on a combo of DMT and ketamine, that would be such an incredible way to go out, a perfect transition from this life into the next.

If I was in Shapelle Corbys shoes I would just do myself in in my jail cell, fuck waiting around and having to go to court and being made to feel like a dickhead, what a waste of time, just fucken top yourself Shapelle it's no big deal!!!

-Chemical Shaman