The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

john safran v god

http://www.johnsafranvgod.com/

i can't get to the website which is infuriating.

did anyone see the last episode?

the most disturbing show i've seen on TV in a long time.

i don't think he was acting.

basically cocky John went to see an exorcist. he wasn't so cocky when he was writhing around being held by 4 guys & screaming his lungs out.

the thing is, apart from a brief comment by some ov the camera crew, there was absolutely no editorial comment whatsoever, not even an introduction. so we never got to hear what john actually made ov the whole thing---& that's what i want to know.

mass hypnosis?

It was disturbing, yes, but after some thought

my guess is that the whole series was sponsered by the right wing christian evangelists.

Especially considering the fact that the minister smothers all religions on earth, except ofcourse the true path of christ, and John seems to willingly accept this. I also noticed how sickingly "good" the minister were with the little girl hugging him shot and all.

I also noticed that Bush senior gets praised plus how fabolous Colin Powell is.

Well, something smells and it ain't good.

my guess is that the whole series was sponsered by the right wing christian evangelists.

Hah, ummm no.

I was reading an interview last night that you guys might find interesting. Can be found here

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/relig/spirit/stor...es/s1193306.htm

It's a fairly in-depth interview. All in all this has been an awesome series and i think i'll be getting the dvd of this for the off-cuts alone.

My favorite parts of the series were all the work he did on the mormons in Salt lake city having been a mormon myself for 13+ years. i had actually forgotten a lot about the mormon religion, thinks like the magic underpants for example, I remember my parents used to wear those.

-Chemical Shaman

I saw the final episode and was left gobsmacked , but hey were all talking about it !!! Knowing Safron it could all be a stunt ? But to contradict my own thoughts, my sister claims he is doing a show on 'tripple j' with priest ? Damm , he could become a high profile poster boy for the born agains !! It was kinda wierd though to see a Jew accept the New Testiment. If it is true , I for one , are dissapointed that after all the exposure to the beautiful , exotic religons of the world he ends up settling for religons Hawiian Pizza. :confused:

thanks for the link CS. a good interview, glad he hasn't lost it.

matthew 7:21. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord. Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of the heavens, but the one who does the will of My Father, the One in the heavens. 22. Many will say to Me in that Day, ‘Lord. Lord! Did we

not prophesy in Your name? And we cast out demons in Your name , and we did many miracles in Your name?’ 23. And then I will declare to them that ‘I never knew you: you working without Torah must continually depart from Me.’”

Good to know that he didn't get converted. My little conspiracy was good, though, right?

Is it only me or does anyone else think that John Safran is a prat with a supremely irritating voice?

Yeah the stunt with Ray Martin's garbage was a classic. If he'd kept up the standard I'd be more impressed

I agree his voice and general smarmy, sarcastic and smart-arse disrespectful approach are really irritating. On the other hand it's nice when he directs them at someone truly worthy of contempt :) . I liked his race around the world stunt of breaking in to disneyland and sticking up plaques commemorating the fact that Walt Disney was an anti-semitist .

I heard the interview on the J's and though I find him as irritating as DL he sounded like he had encountered something that he couldn't quite put into words for once.

He basically wouldn't yay or nay the whole thing and that's how he intended to leave it for the viewers.

is it just the listhhhhp?

[ 24. October 2004, 02:39: Message edited by: mescalito ]

mescalito:

is it just the listhhhhp?

Naaaaah... it's the whiiiiiine.

Rove? Never seen it :)

"the whole series was sponsered by the right wing christian evangelists." hehe no fuckin way!

"my sister claims he is doing a show on 'tripple j' with priest ? Damm , he could become a high profile poster boy for the born agains !!"

err.. doubt it, besides this priest fella (father Bob? i think?) is a bloody champ.

Although a catholic i think he's kindof grasped the whole man-made (made up) bible thing. Ie: the 'new testament is an update (revision) of the old testament cuz that wasn't working anymore, and all these new religions are other revisions cuz the new testament doesn't cut it anymore" somethin along those lines. haha and he always blasphemes "oh God" "jesus christ!" and listens with interest when john updates us with some news on peyote, where other church guys would be shocked and appauled...

yep its me tom to the rescue to protect this fella. Okay aside from the fact he's a catholic priest, he's a bloody champ!

and the way he went to salt lake city to preach atheism to mormons was a classic!

The lisp and whiney voice and long rants are what make him john safron and so bloody funny! It is the best!

If you don't like John Safran, you need to get more enlightened.

one of the funniest episodes or it might be in the deleted scenc section where the dude that looks like he has taken too many peyote trips, ranting and raving, about aliens, diamensions, and how in 2003 aliens were coming to earth to save civilisation by taken us away on their spacecraft and such.

Edited by spudamore

one of the funniest episodes or it might be in the deleted scenc section where the dude that looks like he has taken too many peyote trips, ranting and raving, about aliens, diamensions, and how in 2003 aliens were coming to earth to save civilisation by taken us away on their spacecraft and such.

hehe, those people need a little more sleep :P

For those who haven't seen it, the infamous Ray Martin scuffle.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=h3__rLuRiQg

Start watching at 4 mins. Enjoy.

cheers

Edited by peaceful_son