The Corroboree

I'm lucky enough to currently be in a place where this stuff is legal and can be purchased in various forms. I've tried the tinctures and the vape juice at 12.5mg for the 10ml bottle.

I get joint and lower back pain from being lanky and hip pain from over exertion, and this stuff is working wonders.

I've also been in some situations where I would generally loose my shit and wig out and have held myself together way better than normal. It's to the point even family members have commented "why can't we get this back home, your not stoned but you seem way relaxed and your not whinging about pain like usual.".

I was also lucky enough to pass through a state that legalised THC for both rec and med purposes. After some heavy indica with 20%+ THC I vaped my CBD and wallah, everything fell into place, I can now see how the old fellas say the pot wasn't as strong in their day. It was sublime, best of both worlds.

Anybody else experienced CBD alone and not in combination with THC? How do you feel it holds up for ailments such as pain and anxiety?

For me (having legit prescriptions) it has knocked the meds for 6. Haven't touched what the docs given me in a week now. I went manic a week ago, found the CBD and have been level ever since.

• Like 10

I remember reading in a well known academics book back in the 90's that CBD was a breakdown chemical of THC and that your high was dependent on the difference of the levels between the two. It's good to see that a more scientific approach is used today to prove the benefits of the different psychoactive ingredience in the plant. It's sounding like CBD is a good antipsychotic and helping people chill out and the THC providing pain relief.

A few people I've spoken to have suggested 3% THC and 15% CBD is a good starting point for level bud. Not sure what horticultural varieties are suitable tho most bud shops didn't sell seeds etc only nugs with wierd marketing names. It was crazy to buy from a counter...

just to help clarify my confusion

Is CBD illegal in Australia ?

Edit

to add more detail because this really is a multi part questions rather then a simple yes no thing

for these questions below im talking about pure CBD

Is CBD legal to possess in Australia ?

is CBD legal to sell in Australia ?

is CBD legal to import into Australia ?

Edited by Change

You sure about that Glaukus?

According to the TGA's 2015 Poisons List CBD ("in preparations for therapeutic use containing 2 per cent or less of other cannabinoids found in cannabis") is only schedule 4, meaning that use is legal with a prescription. Same scheduling as panadeine forte or antibiotics, say. However, as these guys point out, the scheduling is meaningless unless there are doctors willing to prescribe and manufacturers allowed to make & distribute the preparations. And apparently that is still a few years off. Don't know what the deal is with importing if you have a prescription.

• Like 1

I'll stand corrected. I wrongly assumed it would be covered under the analogue laws, thc being illegal...

I think the analogue laws have some bit about "unless otherwise scheduled" in them - I assume CBD is exempt under that. But the scheduling was pretty recent, like in the last year, so I think they're still hashing it all out.

• Like 2

Oh no, that was totally unintentional. Subconsciously punning, oh dear...

But I'll be sure to use that in future discussions of cannabis law :P

d00d, dammit get back here! :lol: I want to hear more about this! It ties in with something else I've been researching, and that ties in with something else... I'll post the info, I need some help mashing it all together.

• Like 2

I was given some when I was in California. I have back problems, anxiety issues at times and I thought it great for both as well as sleep. Very interesting stuff.

• Like 2

It definatly hasn't helped me sleep nut, Infact I learnt fast not to use mine before bed, but admitably I probably had nicotine in with it which coulda been what made me wide awake.

Ano be in touch mate

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

I've been doing a bit of reading again on CBD. A lot of the clinical trials as an anti psychotic have dosages that are 200-500mg. I would have been vaping between 1-1.5mg per day. I know vaping is an effective method for administration, but is it really 200-500 times more efficient than oral dosing lol? There's also a few studies around stating it will interrupt sleep patterns and work opposite to THC/sedatives.

Nut did you have it in combo or just by itself? Cali, oh man that woulda been sick. I checked it all out in Washington.

It was the CBD I was taking for the most part, kinda funny cause I was surrounded by mountains of OG Kush. One of my issues with weed is it can make my anxiety levels worse.i guess it's safe to say if my back pain and anxiety levels are lower than decent sleep usually follows. I didn't get to use it long enough to make much in the way of definitive comments it was only for one sweet, sweet month I was doing that work in California.

• Like 1

I've obtained some in Australia without problems. Was trying it for mental health related issues. It had a restorative effect on my nervous system for the first few days then fizzled out. I tried increasing my dosage which ended up making me really paranoid and caused insomnia, which I found strange considering CBD's characteristics, it had a very different effect to THC yet still some similarities. I also tried maintaining the dosage for a month with no benefits and considering it's cost gave up on it. Glad to hear it is of benefit for some!

Edited by courageoftheweak

I'd truely love to start experimenting with it for opiate withdrawal because Im tapering my methadone dose.

High cbd pot is one of the only things that provides relief from the withdrawals that isnt addictive, the most aparent being the anxiety, sweating and hot flashes which are my biggest complaint on a daily basis.

Its just sooo expensive.

I would walk across broken glass to get access to quality, high CBD Indica or cheap high conc. CBD oil.

I keep reading about compassionate or med suppliers in Vic, S.A, NSW, but nothing in QLD and even the retail bud here is mostly either immature bush Sativa and sativa dom hybrids or immature indica alsolutely chockers with PGR and pesticide which only make the withdrawals worse.

Edited by AndyAmine.

Slightly unrelated, but check these outpost-12747-0-30624000-1457260381_thumb.jpost-12747-0-26798900-1457260396_thumb.j

My girlfriend worked at a dispensary in phoenix and sent me these photos from when she was there. Apparently you can get pure CBD, pure THC or different ratios of the two depending on what you need it for

post-12747-0-30624000-1457260381_thumb.jpg

post-12747-0-26798900-1457260396_thumb.jpg

post-12747-0-30624000-1457260381_thumb.jpg

post-12747-0-26798900-1457260396_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Haven't tried it.. but read somewhere, that the CBD derived from industrial hemp wasn't as good as the CBD from marihuana plants/ like 'CBD Therapy' strain /

Ive also heard this but I've also heard from a friend that he had good results from the endoca products. So I'd like to try it.