The Corroboree

The title says it all!

So these were flowering & they definetely aint anymore ;(

Any ideas on how to save them??

The single one should survive with a couple of battle scars but the bigger one?

post-8138-0-68545600-1419028277_thumb.jp

post-8138-0-68545600-1419028277_thumb.jpg

post-8138-0-68545600-1419028277_thumb.jpg

That's really sad, the one on the left must have had more flavour.

• Like 4

Just apply sulfer powder on the exposed flesh and keep them out of wet conditions.

They'll flower with no problem as the possum didn't damake the growing tip of both of bigger ones

• Like 2

That possum must have had a nice time. Sorry for your loss, but I think they'll survive. Just do what Philocacti said.

• Like 3

are you allowed to poison these.... , possum things.. where you are?

like with rats n stuffs,

if not....

maybe the possums could be caught another time and eaten , n see how they like it then :devil:

maybe they could be baked and crumbled and fed back to the cactus ?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

inter-dimensional possum flyer........they should be fine ...expect new pups.........I've seen pic's of rabbit damage to trich's as well.....Its amazing what they are willing to stomach.

freakin possums Any ideas on how to save them??

save 'em for what, a rainy day?

ps: I understand they LOVE lophs

if you want to save them, feed 'em more lophs :wink:

• Like 1

....maybe the possums could be caught another time and eaten , n see how they like it then :devil:

7Riec8C.jpg

it hurts when possums do this doesnt it.. why they cant let a plant grow so they all have food is beyond me. greedy to their own detriment, just like australians in power. these days though i dont fret about it. I have come to relize that no plant is mine, no mateer how much i care for it. plants are for all life-forms to eat, enjoy and get healthy. I found balance with them, you see, sometimes i find a dead one, head for maidenii tree for bark and begin to tan its hide. this bark tan's in under 48 hours. so, they give me nice strong leather every now and then =) not like the shit chrome oxide tanned leather we import these days, when we can make better use of our tree's and rule the leather industry. but typically of australia, we let our wealth rot as we tend to think the only way to make money is to destroy our rich land for coal/gas. not a smart country at all..

• Like 2

I solute you for your views.

I had rats that nibbled on my cacti so I started putting targeted cacti in bird cages to avoid any damage

typically of australia, we let our wealth rot as we tend to think the only way to make money is to destroy our rich land for coal/gas. not a smart country at all..

Sounds like the US. And every other major world power.

How does it not cause them to get ill. I know rabbits are very sensitive to some chemicals. Possums look pretty rugged and I feel I was told they might eat a ton of random junk. I personally don't have any possums to deal with.