The Corroboree
goneski

Account Deletion

How can I delete my account? Is there a way?

Or, at the very least, can I change my nick name to something else to partially

Remove my presence?

Sometimes people make decisions in the heat of the moment, and then later regret that decision?!.

You have been a member of SAB for quite a while now SYNeR goneski, was it all really that bad?

What has bought this on?, I am assuming it is to do with Psylo no longer being a forum member?. He had many chances hey...but in the end...it was like he was begging to be banned.

I reckon take a pill with some chill in it, :) , and return again another day. :)

Wow is Psylo actually banned ?

I've had my thing on to ignore his posts for ages now it's been great :)

Wats goin on syner why you want to leave the forums ?

Im new to the forums and i saw psylo's thread, he was doing it to ban himself, i think it is much easier for me to see because i have not dealt with him before, but i think it was preety clear he wanted to go, or he was on a crazy trip, either way i dont think people should be trying to follow suit, what type of community wil be left if at the first sign of hardship we all pack up and go home, im only new to posting but i have been using this forum to obtain knowledge and advance my skills for a long time, what is there to be gained if no one wants to share the knowledge they have with othre like minded people, gardening is an awesome social mechanism and i can honestly say i cant talk with other people the way i feel i can talk on here, dont leave guys, i still wanna learn

• Like 7

Why? Unless it's for personal or legality reasons I'm not sure is see the point. Psylo was disruptive and he was only banned when he messaged the mods to ask them to, and in particular when he started deleting threads. Such a person could get even more disruptive i.e. posting personal information addresses etc. so the only solution is to remove them before things get ugly.

he was only banned when he messaged the mods to ask them to, and in particular when he started deleting threads

He didn't specifically ask. He reported my post in his poll thread for "bullying". He has a history of feigning offense to get attention from the mods, but I think if he didn't start vandalising threads, he would not have been banned. Psylo clearly wanted to go, and with his characteristic narcissism, he decided to behave like a spree killer and take some of the forum down with him.

I'm not upset that psylo has gone. I used to be somewhat supportive of him when other people were getting frustrated with his abrasive nature, but most of my recent interactions with him have been unilaterally hostile, so I had gone from support to indifference. I don't normally put people on ignore because I'm a mod and I think it's important that I see everything that's going on, but when I got a PM from Psylo informing me that he had reported me for bullying, I put him on ignore, because I thought it was the best way to avoid any confrontation. So really, it would have made little difference to me if he was still here.

I'm curious too as to why SyNeR has decided to leave, but I think if he wanted to say, he would have already. It does seem that it must be to do with Psylo: Maybe he felt Psylo was treated unfairly? If so, that's a shame. Psylo made his bed...

• Like 2

Psylo was saying a few days ago in chat how he wanted SYNeR to contact him outside the forum, so it seems like there has been some collusion going on there.

Don't let Psylo drag you into his "dread" SYNeR. That sort of mentality is infectious and corrupts your soul. :devil:

At least let us know why you've made this decision. :(

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

we don't usually delete accounts, but if there is a particular problem we can often help in some way. just PM me with the details and I'll see what the options are.

deletion is usually not as effective as members hope because it does not affect the existing posts and certainly not any quoted posts.

The moral of the story is: do not post things you don't want on public record a few years down the track.

• Like 3

SYNer, we cant let anyone trash thousands of posts on this forum because that would obviously mess up a lot of Threads. Dont blame us for trying to keep this board at the same standard it was before Psylo came. Everytime it had to, all of our mod Team tried treating him with Respect. And it always did. We were VERY, and i say it again to show the importance of this word, VERY Patient with him. Maybe even more as we should have been. But as soon theres someone trashing Threads, we dont joke around. If there are legal reasons or any other important things that justify taking down some Threads, we ALWAYS do. But we dont delete posts with Psylo talking about the weather. Because all those conversations are not only affecting Psylo...there are posts from so many other people and all of them have a right to keep their online discussions, thoughts and pictures untouched and IN CONTEXT. This is like a library. Though there are Books from many diffrent Authors in it, we dont allow them to come here and take them off our shelves just because they arent happy with it anymore or because they want to punish us for any other Reason. Not happening. So please SYNer, dont make it look like this is any of our fault. We had the least to do with this. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 4

Just to clarify a few things...

Why I wish to leave:

1) The way that threads degenerate (like this one!) and go off on bizarre, unrelated tangents. Psylo being banned has NOTHING to do with why I wish to leave. It's interesting how I asked if I could

delete my account, and then people start theorising that it's to do with Psylo. Next thing Evil Genius accuses me of blaming SAB mods for Psylo's treatment. What the hell?

I merely asked how I could delete my account. I didn't ask to have content/posts deleted. Although I suppose this thread isn't really any different to the bat shit insane conspiracy theories that go around, right?

The way that such an innocuous thread causes crazy hypothesising, then tensions to flare up and such divisiveness is a little unsettling, to say the least.

2) For an arena that prides itself on being a 'community' with all the back patting and self-congratulatory rhetoric, it sure does seem like an insular little clique at times. No different to any other social group, really?

3) I have trust issues with this site. First, we had a garbage, sensationalist story on Seven news, followed by a raid. Now, we have all these random new members asking for <insert

something illegal here>. Not to mention, what seems to be an influx of new members doing ridiculous giveaways (address harvesting?). There have also been instances of people posting illegal items to other people without

their knowledge / consent. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I prefer the term 'cautious'. Not that I do anything illegal, but I just don't want to be within the blast radius if/when something does happen.

4) I don't really have anything to offer the site. My main interest is Mycology. I don't really have anything to offer, except prints. Whilst there are certain loopholes in the law allowing trading of said prints -- don't giveaways

raise a red flag? Prints have to come from somewhere, right? I'm pretty sure they don't appear out of thin air for keen mycologists to study under a microscope. See point 3 above.

I could probably go on and on, but really don't see the point. Given the way this thread has already degenerated, I'll expect to see a bunch of poignant rebuttals and it will just go back & forth for all of eternity. But really though,

I don't have the time or energy to waste on that. Sorry.

Mods, feel free to delete/censor/whatever this message if it somehow violates whatever.

I really don't care if it's an issue to delete my account. A name change is sufficient. I also don't care about my posts. Write a book with them, go to a publisher, whatever. I don't care... I won't expect

royalties. And as far as I'm concerned, there's no 'moral' to the story. I haven't posted anything I regret and wish to be removed.
  • Like 4

Not that you owed anyone an explanation, but it's appreciated that you gave one anyway.

To be fair to all of us assuming that this was to do with Psylo's demise, you did originally post this question in the his poll thread, so I don't think it's completely out of left field for us to assume they were related

• Like 6

Well yeah, i was assuming (like anybody else) that this has to do with psylo´s demise as you posted the same Question in the other Thread. If this doesnt have anything to do with psylo, its a definately the unluckiest place to Post that Question AT THE SAME DAY we booted him. Sorry if i did you wrong but i guess everybody would have gotten this Impression.

And i agree with Ballzac that there is no need to justify yourself in that form. Could have said that with just one sentence..."doesnt have to do with psylo! :P

• Like 1

i have had a few newbies with two posts asking me for prints, i once googled the address of one of the

people and it was next to a court house(did not post no reply) its a dicey subject . Snyer i remember your no pour agar thread

and you were asking all valid questions and people like pyslo and another member were getting at you

for asking them. imho fuck em your a top bloke and would hate to see you go ( we need all the myco's we can on that front)

Thanks goneski.

Can I have my say? It's not meant to be decisive, just my thinking.

Why I wish to leave:
1) The way that threads degenerate (like this one!) and go off on bizarre, unrelated tangents. Psylo being banned has NOTHING to do with why I wish to leave. It's interesting how I asked if I could
delete my account, and then people start theorising that it's to do with Psylo. Next thing Evil Genius accuses me of blaming SAB mods for Psylo's treatment. What the hell?
I merely asked how I could delete my account. I didn't ask to have content/posts deleted. Although I suppose this thread isn't really any different to the bat shit insane conspiracy theories that go around, right?
The way that such an innocuous thread causes crazy hypothesising, then tensions to flare up and such divisiveness is a little unsettling, to say the least.
I guess we all assumed it was to do with Psylo, reasons above. It's just a discussion really, not much batshit crazy theorizing, esp. with no explanation we were all just trying to figure out what went wrong with YOU. Because you are a member of the community and it matters to some of us why people want to leave. But as you say, it's your choice.
2) For an arena that prides itself on being a 'community' with all the back patting and self-congratulatory rhetoric, it sure does seem like an insular little clique at times. No different to any other social group, really?
Well, it's your social group if you are here. I've seen your posts, reasonable, welcomed. I guess anyone is free to come and go, I think everyone was a bit on edge because Psylo started doing some damage well before he left/got kicked out.
3) I have trust issues with this site. First, we had a garbage, sensationalist story on Seven news, followed by a raid. Now, we have all these random new members asking for <insert
something illegal here>. Not to mention, what seems to be an influx of new members doing ridiculous giveaways (address harvesting?). There have also been instances of people posting illegal items to other people without
their knowledge / consent. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I prefer the term 'cautious'. Not that I do anything illegal, but I just don't want to be within the blast radius if/when something does happen.
Fair enough. Don't know about people posting illegal stuff to others unexpectedly. I don't think that's really on. Just be careful who you trade with, I guess. It's certainly worth worrying about, or being cautious at least.
4) I don't really have anything to offer the site. My main interest is Mycology. I don't really have anything to offer, except prints. Whilst there are certain loopholes in the law allowing trading of said prints -- don't giveaways
raise a red flag? Prints have to come from somewhere, right? I'm pretty sure they don't appear out of thin air for keen mycologists to study under a microscope. See point 3 above.
Well, it's not just about offering, more about sharing. When I first joined I had fuck all to offer, and just stuck around reading what other people have said. Now I have a bit more, so I share it when I can.
Anyway, you'll still be free to come and visit (bar the chemistry section) so I guess if you want you can resurrect your account or start a new one if you change your mind. If you want it blocked, I'd say ask a mod, they can probably sort something out for you.

I dont think we all thought it was to do with Psylo, but can see how some joined the dots.

I for one will miss SYNeR and even Psylo - for the good and the bad (made me laugh and pissed me off...lol).

Been an interesting study nonetheless.

I also think there is an increasing need for all to be cautious.....

• Like 5

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Why is it that so many people are of the belief that the forum OWES them something or has to pander to their needs or their imaginations of what a forum should be like? Why can't people just leave instead of living out their little psycho dramas.

• Like 6

Syner - you're a good dude (dudette?), and it would be a shame to lose you.

Secondly, and most importantly - it's not black and white, if you don't want to be balls-deep in the forum, then you don't have to quit - many members only post once a month or so. Just a thought. :)

• Like 3

I agree on the need for caution and that there might be some things that need to be discussed, particularly where new members are concerned. But I also know that I am prone to bouts of paranoia and being highly allergic to risk, so I take even my own advice on with a grain of salt in that regard :)

As for the OP leaving. You do have plenty to contribute to this community. Personally, I'm against the idea that someone has to have a certain amount of specific technical knowledge (of which you have plenty) to belong on this forum. Even if all someone brings is humour, common sense and a good attitude towards others (including a healthy respect for the beliefs of others), then I would see that as a really valuable contribution. Actually, those things should be essential no matter what else a person thinks they know.

Either way, whatever you decide, don't be a stranger, at least not permanently.

"And those are the days of psychonaughts lives" dooo dooo do do do do-do-do doot do-do-do

• Like 3

There is only one way im going to leave the forum

glennz-ronald-mcdonald-is-dead.jpg?w=529

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 3

^^

you shouldn't be saying things like that about someone who isn't around to defend themselves.

• Like 1

never mind ;)

Edited by Halcyon Daze

LOL, never mind

Edited by Rum and Monkeys