The Corroboree
whitewind

Police brutality @ Mardi Gras

If you haven't seen this video yet, watch it through. Absolutely fucking gross. Cops have denied any violence was used even though this video has over 20000 unique views in YouTube. We can all also call the Police Ministers office and ask for an explanation and how they intend to address the issue - 02 8247 5900. Each minute their lines are tied up only makes them realise it can't be hidden with an internal enquiry. Please forward this on

http://youtu.be/wxtFtVfAeeE

Cops are tops. DON'T FORGET THAT.

• Like 3

Well, he was told not to cross the road.........

Apparently there is another video that shows someone that looks like hit assaulting a police officer.

That kind of violence against a handcuffed person is over the top.

ahh police,

"we've spoken with the officers in question and will review internal policy"

until the next time it happens,

"we've spoken with the officers in question and will review internal policy"

and so on.....

blame those stupid pigs cop shows from america.

they are trained to try to intimitate and to dominate, most of the pigs are sadist, and like to hurt people, so they join the thin blue line.

pigs aren't even worried about their brutality being filmed anymore.

the amount of support the victim had from total strangers is reassuring.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Fucking hell. You can really see the demon in that main cop's eyes.

• Like 1

BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID... big tough police maan, fuckin macho wanker .. been on the receiving end myself a couple times , power trippers

• Like 2

Yup, didn't do a single thing wrong did he!

Just saw some new video showing the little twerp punching and kicking the cops, can't find anything online yet though but it's bound to pop up sooner or later

Edit: only link I can find is Nine News Sydney's video page.

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/sydney

Edited by Snowfella
  • Like 1

Turns a new leaf on the situation that's for sure. ^

Cop "Sit the fuck down you little faggot"

Guy "What have I done?"

Cop "I said sit the fuck down faggot"

Guy "fuck you what did I do?"

Cop "I SAID SIT THE FUCK DOWN FAGGOT"

I've seen similar circumstances at mardigrass and bluesfest, I just hope for the good of australia the cop didn't antagonise the reaction out of the young bloke

Its still no reason to throw him to the ground in handcuffs, that is so dangerous. He is a drunken idiot acting like that but they are supposed to be an authority figure out there protecting ppl and setting an example instead they are acting worse than a drunken teenage who's probably on drugs and acting like a dick

• Like 2

Always 2 sides to a story!

Have to admit the takedown in the first video looked ugly but if someone who just recently tried inroducing the bottom of his feet to my face as seen in the second video started resisting again I'd be likely to do the same.

I might be biased towards the cop's side of things though but in my mind if you are in the situation where cops want to cuff or detain you it's best to just play along. Stay calm, shut the F up and comply! Any physical resistance will just make your situation worse...both on the day and at a possible future court attendance.

• Like 2

I'm fence sitting on this, but I will add physical aggression can quite easily be bought on by anxiety and panic ie fight or flight..... Or he coulda been junked up and been acting like somebody I wanted to deck! Unfortunately with the current way of sorting these things out we'll never know

No matter how testing the situation, casual violence by police officers is unforgivable. I can understand that they might be tempted, and occasionally be forced to use aggressive defence tactics to avoid being injured or to prevent injury to others, and that is sad but maybe necessary. But to use casual violence on a handcuffed man is not forgivable.

Police are supposed to protect us, including people who are aggressive, but not be aggressive themselves unnecessarily.

• Like 4

Yea pretty much what whitewind said. It's very different a police officer being aggressive in order to apprehend someone vs retaliatory BS like this. Let the law handle it. Not some zealous power-tripping Nazi freak.. He was handcuffed ffs.

Edited by SYNeR
  • Like 1

police should be above that kind of behaviour. Of course theyre doin a tough job all day everyday to make the world a better place. But dont that kinda behaviour defeat the point in going to work?

• Like 1

As previously stated I'm still on the cops side of things, there's just to many unknown's surrounding it for me to change my mind. For one who's to say the situation was under control even with the twerp in cuffs? I saw atleast one bystander trying to step in and hinder during the cuffing, though a whack with a glowstick might not be the most effective way of doing so :scratchhead:

As for the rough takedown, that I'd blame on adrenalin combined with shoddy training. Red mist decends and unless you have been trained to handle it bad things will happen. Nowadays police training is more geared towards classroom schooling in law/ethics/morals rather than acctually hands on getting to learn how to handle themselves in a pinch. Seen to many instances where it seem cops nowadays just don't seem to have learned to adopt a middle ground approach to things, it's either peaceful patrolling or straight aggression.

• Like 1

even the new clip where he swings at the cops shows a scuffle already in progress with the police already outnumbering him, so it still proves nothing he may have been defending himself from what he considered an unjust arrest. The body slam was def wrong but the whole story is far from being "out" :lol:

most of you guys remind me of how i thought when i was about 12.

• Like 1

When i was 12 cops were tops

Now Ive seen the dark side of the force

• Like 1

Lol sallyD nice one

Police brutality infuriated me the only reason police should use violence is to protect themselves or someone else full stop.

protect and serve

serve you a beating and protect each other from incrimination.

Edited by cactuscarl

most of you guys remind me of how i thought when i was about 12.

So... as you've matured you've come to view targeted police brutality against minorities, and the lack of accountability for officers' behaviour as a good thing?

I think you hoped there'd be a lot more "FUCK DA POLIZZ!" in this thread than there is, mate.

• Like 1